"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-19-2015, 01:13 PM   #23161
Chef Extraordinaire

Right now I am cursing my shredder. It is a piece of junk. Again it has jammed and it won't even back out the paper. So I have to wait until Spike comes tonight with his needle nose pliers so I can pick out the jammed paper with then. Grrr! It was given to me as a present. My granddaughter was concerned because I was ripping up my bills and old bank statements. This thing is supposed to be one of the best, even for an professional office. One time she asked me if I used it a lot and if not could she have it back. I made the mistake of tell her No! Big mistake. I would do better to go back to my old way of tearing stuff up by hand into small pieces. I supposed I should be putting this in the Venting forum. But the title is "What Are You Doing?" Now you know. I am cursing. !!@#$#!#$!~#$%&%@%((!!@#$! So there!

Old 05-19-2015, 01:43 PM   #23162
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
According to the current advice over here, given the cost of our water and electricity/gas, the d/w once a day is supposed to be more economical than washing up in the sink after every meal.

When I moved house there wasn't room for my full-size dishwasher and I live alone so I bought a new narrow one. Supposed to take 10 place settings. Oh, yeah? Don't know how they work that one out. 10 pace settings and there's no room for anything else - in fact, put in 5 place settings and while there's plenty of space left there's no actual room for anything else to fit so it's do two washes per session or roll up your sleeves and fill the sink for the stuff that won't fit in the d/w. And it's a "Bosch". Top of the range. Ha!

It doesn't clean properly and it doesn't dry despite diligent cleaning of filters, etc. My old cheap and cheerful "Beko" full-size d/w which cost half the price of the Bosch was infinitely better at everything. Fortunately I put the Beko in storage and I'm seriously considering removing a cupboard to make room for it and sending the Bosch to the charity shop.

As this thread asks what I'm doing the answer is I'm doing the (insert your own rude word) washing up.

Rant over and I feel better
Yeah, there's only two of us, so we fell for that smaller dishwasher too. It actually cost more than the full sized one. I can hardly fit any pots in it if I want to put plates too. It's really annoying.

I loved, "(insert your own rude word)".

Old 05-19-2015, 02:33 PM   #23163
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I haven't been around for a while - where are you moving to? Have you retired from nursing?

All the best for the move and the new home.
To bring you up to date. Her job had lost its luster. New management and they were not as nice as the previous ones. So she gave them her resignation and found a job near her parents. Her parents found a house for them and are giving them the money to buy it. It is just down the street from her parents home. It is the perfect size for just the two of them. If you scroll back you will see the pictures of her new home. It is located in Wyoming. We all are excited for the both of them. New home, new job and a lot of potential for their new home. Plenty of room, and it comes with a fridge, washer and dryer. The W&D are downstairs in the basement. She will be putting up a clothesline in the backyard. And she intends to buy a rack for bad weather days when she is trying to keep her utility bills down.

I think I have brought you up to date. Oh yes, her father is coming by bus from WY to help her load up the truck and bring her home with all her belongings. They will hit the road on Friday.

Hey everybody, did I leave anything out?
Old 05-19-2015, 04:17 PM   #23164
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
... I think I have brought you up to date. Oh yes, her father is coming by bus from WY to help her load up the truck and bring her home with all her belongings. They will hit the road on Friday.

Hey everybody, did I leave anything out?
Her father is also bringing Shrek and his belongings
Old 05-19-2015, 04:38 PM   #23165
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
I haven't been around for a while - where are you moving to? Have you retired from nursing?

All the best for the move and the new home.
Hello MC!

Not retiring, have a ways to go there. Have a new job in Wyoming and taking Shrek home as he asked.

Will be living in Lingle and working in Torrington @ Goshen Health Care Center. I'll be old and grey before I give up nursing my elderlies.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:54 PM   #23166
Executive Chef

Hey, PF, I'm hitting the road on Friday too. Dh and I will be off for an over 4000 mile road trip. Does that sound like fun? So I am in prep mode to be gone that long.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:17 PM   #23167
Chef Extraordinaire

Figuring out what I can prep tonight at home for the photoshot so I don't have to do it all in the morning. Since the food is not being served to the public, I can prep in my own kitchen...used to cook in my own kitchen (liked that better--I didn't have to haul missing tools to the kitchen).

Busy day tomorrow, walleye with roasted asparagus and an arugula salad with BACON dressing, rolled turkey breast stuffed with rhubarb, a strawberry-spinach-quinoa salad, and 2 pork tenderloin recipes + sides.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:17 PM   #23168
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring View Post
Hey, PF, I'm hitting the road on Friday too. Dh and I will be off for an over 4000 mile road trip. Does that sound like fun? So I am in prep mode to be gone that long.
Sounds more fun than what I am doing
Old 05-19-2015, 06:03 PM   #23169
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm recuperating from grocery shopping.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:47 PM   #23170
Sous Chef

I am doing summer cleaning, my daughter's summer vacation was started.

radhuni is offline   Reply With Quote