"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-31-2015, 01:45 PM   #23281
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
If anything ever happened to DH I would either have to hire someone to cut the grass or get an electric mower. Right now I'm leaning toward hiring someone. I would never want to play around with gasoline.
I've seen my husband mow the lawn exactly once in the 31 years we've been together.How lucky you are.

It's always been me who mows the lawn and keep up with everything else.Gasoline, maintenance didn't bother me.It was pulling that cord.I'm short.Had to put a leg on the lower bar just to get it pulled.

Our sons took over when they were old enough.That stopped when they grew up.Got jobs and started college.Now it's back to me.

I after posting and asking Andy about the mower went out and pulled weeds, straightened up my favorite flower beds.When I was done my neck was hurting.Didn't think anything of it except that maybe I had done too much.

Woke up the next morning with such a backache,I couldn't even stand up straight.My husband took me in to see a Chiropractor.He could barely do the pressure point,weight exam on me.He said that my back from the neck to lower back was so inflamed he didn't want to examine me any farther until the he got the xrays back.I'll know next week just how bad my back is really shot.

Yep, it's time to hire someone.

Old 05-31-2015, 02:04 PM   #23282
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Oh no Munky! Back pane is the pits. I hope it feels better soon. I've been having back pain and Robaxin is my friend. I get the one with no pain reliever, so I can take a strong pain reliever if the Robaxin doesn't handle it.

Old 05-31-2015, 02:36 PM   #23283
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Oh no Munky! Back pane is the pits. I hope it feels better soon. I've been having back pain and Robaxin is my friend. I get the one with no pain reliever, so I can take a strong pain reliever if the Robaxin doesn't handle it.
It's been a few days sleepless nights.I'm not feeling any different the pain is pretty bad.If I get cranky around here let me know.I'll go take a nap!

What is Robaxin?
I've only been taking otc tylenol.Just one when I wake up.1 in the afternoon.1before bed.

Being over dosed by Dr's in the past I'm extremely paranoid about taking anything beyond what I'm already taking.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:18 PM   #23284
Certified Pretend Chef

Robaxin is the brand name for the generic methocarbamol. It's a muscle relaxant.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:24 PM   #23285
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Getting ready for work, eating strawberries for breakfast.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:27 PM   #23286
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
It's been a few days sleepless nights.I'm not feeling any different the pain is pretty bad.If I get cranky around here let me know.I'll go take a nap!

What is Robaxin?
I've only been taking otc tylenol.Just one when I wake up.1 in the afternoon.1before bed.

Being over dosed by Dr's in the past I'm extremely paranoid about taking anything beyond what I'm already taking.
Your body actually heals better when your pain is kept under control. If you feel that the prescribed dose is too much, talk to your doctor about cutting back. You only need enough to relieve the pain and that amount varies from person to person.

Getting enough sleep is also I'm for healing.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:32 PM   #23287
Chef Extraordinaire

I just put a pan of pita chips into the oven to bake. I sprayed them with olive oil cooking spray and sprinkled them with salt and Penzey's salt-free Mural of Flavor. Smells wonderful and goes great with tzatziki,which I have left over from yesterday.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:44 PM   #23288
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
What is Robaxin?

Robaxin is the brand name of a muscle relaxant specifically for back pain. It comes in different versions and don't need a prescription. The versions with ibuprofen are a lot more expensive and at my pharmacy it would be cheaper to buy the pain reliever separately. If you are concerned about taking too much, talk to the pharmacist. I find most pharmacists like to talk about the stuff they spent all those years learning.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:50 PM   #23289
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I just put a pan of pita chips into the oven to bake. I sprayed them with olive oil cooking spray and sprinkled them with salt and Penzey's salt-free Mural of Flavor. Smells wonderful and goes great with tzatziki,which I have left over from yesterday.
Ten minutes later. We had to check it for quality, of course.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1433105433998.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	22899  
Old 05-31-2015, 05:14 PM   #23290
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
...It comes in different versions and don't need a prescription...

Rx is required in the USA. At least for some strengths.