"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-02-2015, 05:29 PM   #23301
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Sounds wonderful. Thanks for the smile, Katie
Yes!

Old 06-02-2015, 07:45 PM   #23302
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Bunnies!!! There are Bunnies!!! Cotton-tail's. So cute! I just got back from playing with my cats at Mom's and the new kitten in the house. He is a bouncing terror, name of McGee from NCIS, we've been calling him Proby. He's an orange tabby with blue eyes.

Off to bed for a nap, work tomorrow night. Trying to get used to working nights again.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:28 PM   #23303
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Bunnies!!! There are Bunnies!!! Cotton-tail's. So cute! I just got back from playing with my cats at Mom's and the new kitten in the house. He is a bouncing terror, name of McGee from NCIS, we've been calling him Proby. He's an orange tabby with blue eyes.

Off to bed for a nap, work tomorrow night. Trying to get used to working nights again.
Just wait 'til those bunnies are eating the stuff in your garden. They won't be nearly as cute.

I'm glad to hear that your cats are talking to you again.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:59 PM   #23304
Master Chef

Love the birds and bunnies stories! I got to watch an American goldfinch couple, a catbird, a downy woodpecker, and a male cardinal today, along with my squirrely friends. My honey bunny did not show up, however.

I did get some other stuff done besides critter watch. I made a batch of marinated green beans and sorted through my cookbook shelves. Now I'm chillin' (literally) and listening to the baseball game.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:04 PM   #23305
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Bunnies are brats. So are deer. I have no idea who's been eating my perennials, suspecting deer. Bunnies are having fun eating my bean seedlings in the fenced in vegetable garden, as the deer can't get in.

Watched a juvenile male hummingbird give his approval to the new feeder I bought. The old feeder has been falling apart, and the hummingbirds have been complaining bitterly. They buzz the big picture window.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:06 PM   #23306
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Baby Bunnies running across the road at 5:30 in the morning is frightening...at least there is no other traffic so I can stop or swerve.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:18 PM   #23307
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

They are so cute, aren't they? There's one that's about 6 inches that lives in my shade garden amongst the hostas and shrubs, and I suspect him/her of pilfering my fenced in vegetable garden.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:17 AM   #23308
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Baby Bunnies running across the road at 5:30 in the morning is frightening...at least there is no other traffic so I can stop or swerve.
Same here. Every now and then I have to brake for bunnies, or a family of quail, or roadrunners , but there isn't much car traffic out here so it's usually not a biggie to put on the brakes.

Glad to see you back, princess.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:27 AM   #23309
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Wild turkeys, coons, possums and deer are an issue here on the back roads.

A couple eons ago, DH and one of his buddies and I were headed to a big tennis tournament they were playing in out of town. Our friend had a big cup of coffee. DH hit the brakes to avoid hitting a rabbit. Our friend wore his coffee all down the front of his white shorts.

Thankfully, they were both beat in the first round, and we all went shopping after that. I have NEVER seen any men so eager to go shopping. The friend didn't want his wife to know they got beat so early!
Old 06-03-2015, 12:30 AM   #23310
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Love the birds and bunnies stories! I got to watch an American goldfinch couple, a catbird, a downy woodpecker, and a male cardinal today, along with my squirrely friends. My honey bunny did not show up, however.

I did get some other stuff done besides critter watch. I made a batch of marinated green beans and sorted through my cookbook shelves. Now I'm chillin' (literally) and listening to the baseball game.
Sounds good, CG. I love marinated green beans.

I've also been going through shelves of cookbooks. I'm giving the bookcase to my daughter for her new house, so I'm transferring them to another bookcase. And I can't seem to put one single cookbook away without browsing through it.