"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-03-2015, 01:38 AM   #23311
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Same here. Every now and then I have to brake for bunnies, or a family of quail, or roadrunners , but there isn't much car traffic out here so it's usually not a biggie to put on the brakes.

Glad to see you back, princess.
Thank you Cheryl. Nice to be back. Life has been too hectic lately, it's finally calming down a bit.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:40 AM   #23312
Executive Chef

We have lots of bunnies in our neighborhood. To me, that's a sign that the feral cats are gone. When the cats were around we never saw bunnies. All we have is tomato plants and they haven't shown an interest in them. The groundhogs like them though! Our local groundhogs must have been busy over the winter. Lots of baby groundhogs running around. When they get bigger DH will trap them and relocate them in the woods down the road.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:14 PM   #23313
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Thank you Cheryl. Nice to be back. Life has been too hectic lately, it's finally calming down a bit.
It's official folks. Notice PF has changed her location from Montana to Wyoming! `And pretty soon she will be in her new home with Shrek at her side.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:41 PM   #23314
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Even though last night was officially the full moon, we didn't get to see it because the sky was thick with clouds. However...

tonight is a different story. Clear sky and beautiful huge full moon!

Love it.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:25 PM   #23315
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Even though last night was officially the full moon, we didn't get to see it because the sky was thick with clouds. However...

tonight is a different story. Clear sky and beautiful huge full moon!

Love it.
I love to see the full moon in the fall. There is a bridge we have to cross to get to Chelsea. If you are there at just the right time when it is rising, there is a moment or so where it has just fully cleared the horizon and is sitting right on the railing in all of it full glory. Absolutely breath taking. I have been privileged to catch it a couple of time. Brings traffic to a full halt. The best view is in October. Sometimes you can catch it in November also.

And no, I didn't have the urge to howl at the moon. But you do want to cry at the beauty of it. Nothing like Mother Nature doing her job at her best.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:37 AM   #23316
Certified Cake Maniac

I'm trying to deal with another kidney infection and finish a photo video for one of my "kids" who is graduating this year. Our church puts on a banquet every year for the grads and I started photo presentations years ago when I was in charge of the tech crew. I only do them now for my special kids and this one tops the list. I have known him literally since the day he was born and am a second mom to him and his older brother.

As for the infection, if the antibiotics don't start working by Saturday, I will be on IV twice daily at the out-patient clinic so I am doing everything to stay away from that!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:39 AM   #23317
Master Chef

Washed and hung out the sheets already this morning (hope the rain holds off until this afternoon). I am just going to leave and go to our last family owned grocery store in town and get some of their bone in pork chops for supper, they are so good.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:11 AM   #23318
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I'm trying to deal with another kidney infection and finish a photo video for one of my "kids" who is graduating this year. Our church puts on a banquet every year for the grads and I started photo presentations years ago when I was in charge of the tech crew. I only do them now for my special kids and this one tops the list. I have known him literally since the day he was born and am a second mom to him and his older brother.

As for the infection, if the antibiotics don't start working by Saturday, I will be on IV twice daily at the out-patient clinic so I am doing everything to stay away from that!
Have fun with the video presentation.

The kidney infection is a bummer. (((Hugs))) and keeping my fingers crossed that the antibiotics work.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:43 AM   #23319
Chef Extraordinaire

Sorry to hear about that infection, LP. Hope you get better without needing the IV solution.

I'm getting a birthday pedicure!
Old 06-04-2015, 11:53 AM   #23320
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post

I sure hope the antibiotics start working. Take care. Jo