"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-14-2015, 10:40 PM   #23581
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Watching the All-Star Game.
Andy, are you watching on a pay per view? I wanted to watch it on my computer while doing other things. (two screens) But Fox wanted me to pay. What's with that? Yet it is free on my TV.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:28 AM   #23582
Sous Chef

I'm here in bed next to my snoring hubby. Obviously I have my laptop here, and I was just thinking...

When hubby was first diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, I almost fell apart. It was pretty much a death sentence with such a low survival rate. But he battled it and he had great doctors and now he's still clean after four years.

He has regained his energy and is working. He's amazing.

And now I listen to his breathing next to me while the rain beats against our bedroom windows. The veggie garden we planted is greeting the rain, and so are my new flowers on the decks.

I'm listening to life all around me, and I am truly humbled.

Life is precious and totally amazing. I am filled with gratefulness and humility.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:54 AM   #23583
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Andy, are you watching on a pay per view? I wanted to watch it on my computer while doing other things. (two screens) But Fox wanted me to pay. What's with that? Yet it is free on my TV.
Just watching on TV for free.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:04 AM   #23584
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
CCL, that's great.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:32 AM   #23585
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Sounds exciting LP. Don't overdo it.
Thanks Taxy, I am trying not to. I do a bit, check email; do a bit, go read; do a bit.... So far it is working for me.

Today my goal is to get all the stuff off the floor, my computer and sewing machine out and remove my work table. That should give them enough room to work. All the edibles for my cakes are out so I don't have to worry about that.

I am proud of myself for how much I am getting done and how I am pacing myself!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 12:04 PM   #23586
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post
I'm here in bed next to my snoring hubby. Obviously I have my laptop here, and I was just thinking...

When hubby was first diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, I almost fell apart. It was pretty much a death sentence with such a low survival rate. But he battled it and he had great doctors and now he's still clean after four years.

He has regained his energy and is working. He's amazing.

And now I listen to his breathing next to me while the rain beats against our bedroom windows. The veggie garden we planted is greeting the rain, and so are my new flowers on the decks.

Life is precious and totally amazing. I am filled with gratefulness and humility.
I must tell you that your reflective thoughts really touched me this morning CCL. Thank you for sharing such beautiful emotion.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:13 PM   #23587
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:

I am humbled by your sharing and your insights. May you always be that in tune to the positives of life. {{{{{CCL and her hubby}}}}}

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:49 PM   #23588
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Thanks Taxy, I am trying not to. I do a bit, check email; do a bit, go read; do a bit.... So far it is working for me.

I am proud of myself for how much I am getting done and how I am pacing myself!
You sound like me.Why knock ourselves out.

We could start a pacing club and be proud about it.Free full lifetime pacing membership is available.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:50 PM   #23589
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I am packing up my craft room for two reasons.

1. we are getting some renovations done and they will be repairing the ceiling so there will be sanding and painting. I don't want my wool, paper crafts and cake decorating stuff to get dirty from it.

2. We are clearing out the house to get it ready to sell...
Sounds like you have a lot of work ahead. It's good you've found a way to pace yourself and keep feeling human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Watching the All-Star Game.
That was a fun game, wasn't it? I couldn't help noticing how many of the players were ex-Red Sox though. I don't know the reasons your team lets good ones get away, Andy. I know my team does because they are either a small-market team or have a cheap owner. The opinions vary on that one, depending on whether you know how Moneyball is played or not. The Sox don't mind spending money though.

Quote:
I'm here in bed next to my snoring hubby....And now I listen to his breathing next to me while the rain beats against our bedroom windows. The veggie garden we planted is greeting the rain, and so are my new flowers on the decks.

Isn't it amazing how much brighter and clearer the good things in life become when you've weathered a tough patch like you and your hubby have? Your post made me smile when I first read it, and I've kept smiling since. Wishing continued good health to your dear hubby.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:18 PM   #23590
Senior Cook

Pilots and Paws

I flew an old doberman to a new home north and flew another young doberman down to Southern Calif to a new home.