"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-16-2015, 12:40 AM   #23591
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
You sound like me.Why knock ourselves out.

We could start a pacing club and be proud about it.Free full lifetime pacing membership is available.
Munky, that sounds like a great idea!

However, I guess I didn't pace well enough yesterday as I ended up with horrible back spasms today and a fibromyalgia flare. So, I did the small amount I needed to for the contractor, made lunch, got TB off to work and then had a nap - I was so deep in sleep that I don't remember talking to Kay, the mom of the kids we are helping with. She said she called, I talked for a minute and then there was silence but the phone wasn't hung up. So she called my neighbour who asked the contractor. He told her I had laid down because of back pain. I woke up 2 hours later, the contractor was gone, and the phone showed "line in use"!

I am better tonight but taking it easy.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 01:11 AM   #23592
Master Chef

If you guys are forming a "Pacing Club", could you please put me in the "Snail" group?

I've been trying to clean out the basement and organize the stuff I set aside for the garage sale. So far all I've really managed to clean out is a box of crackers and a few cookies. I still haven't priced many of the things going to sale. I think I might have a problem here...

Old 07-16-2015, 02:45 AM   #23593
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
If you guys are forming a "Pacing Club", could you please put me in the "Snail" group?

I've been trying to clean out the basement and organize the stuff I set aside for the garage sale. So far all I've really managed to clean out is a box of crackers and a few cookies. I still haven't priced many of the things going to sale. I think I might have a problem here...
Tell you what, CG, if you come over here and help me decide what I am really going to need in the way of my craft/cake supplies in the time between now and whenever we sell this place, buy another and move (weeks? months? years?) I will come by and help you figure out what to sell and for how much - I am getting pretty good at that!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 04:18 PM   #23594
Master Chef

LP, you do not want my help in your sewing and craft room. Since I no longer do either, I would suggest you get rid of all of it! You are still welcome to price my stuff but one warning - I am being ruthless with getting rid of stuff. There is a lot there! If Himself doesn't start doing a bit more around here HE is in danger of being priced.

Dinner prepped? Check.
Gardening clothes sprayed and dried, ready to repel ticks? Check.
Snack consumed to get me through until supper? Check AND Check.
All ready to go out and gard....WHAT time is it??? *sigh*

Since 4:15 PM gives me about an hour before the bugs really get bad, I think I will tackle option 2. Down to the basement to price more garage sale stuff. LP, help!
Old 07-17-2015, 11:15 PM   #23595
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
CCL, that's great.
Ditto here. Sometimes there are moments that bring us down to earth and force us to realize how fortunate we are with just having life in us.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:58 PM   #23596
Master Chef

I needed some money out of my account at the bank so I wrote out the check for cash as usual. When the checker had my money she just layed it on the counter and said "there'. I said aren't you going to count it back to me and she said, we don't do that anymore. Well, I said, I will count it while I am standing here. She said no problem, some do and some don't. Is this something new? Another thing, the money was not all facing up and in the right direction. I know it's no big deal but it just took me by surprise.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:59 PM   #23597
Chef Extraordinaire

The checker? Was this at your bank?

I've never written a check for cash. I've had a debit card for about 30 years so I always use the ATM machine when I need cash. I never even carry a checkbook anymore.

I can't remember the last time I went into the bank to do any banking, but store cashiers usually count back my change.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:07 PM   #23598
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post

I've never written a check for cash. I've had a debit card for about 30 years so I always use the ATM machine when I need cash. I never even carry a checkbook anymore.

I can't remember the last time I went into the bank to do any banking, but store cashiers usually count back my change.
Yes, this was at my regular bank we have been going to for many years. I guess you don't call them checkers, I should have said teller. Sorry.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:09 PM   #23599
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post

Same here, but I almost never pay for stuff with cash nowadays.

When I first got a debit card, there were fees for taking out money, even at one's own bank, so I didn't often do that. Back then, it was cheaper to ask for cash back when paying with a debit card at a store.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:49 PM   #23600
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
I needed some money out of my account at the bank so I wrote out the check for cash as usual. When the checker had my money she just layed it on the counter and said "there'. I said aren't you going to count it back to me and she said, we don't do that anymore. Well, I said, I will count it while I am standing here. She said no problem, some do and some don't. Is this something new? Another thing, the money was not all facing up and in the right direction. I know it's no big deal but it just took me by surprise.
That makes me sad!

I have not run into that situation but I was surprised when my last order of checks did not include any deposit slips in the back of the check book, another economy move.

I have a debit card that I only use at the ATM and a credit card that I use at the gas station or for online purchases. I tend to use cash for most purchases and I don't plan to change.