"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-13-2015, 11:20 PM   #23801
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Uh oh! Someone is in trouble.

Indeed! I am not happy!

I'm thinking I'm in the mood for a new husband.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:22 PM   #23802
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Indeed! I am not happy!
"What we have here is a failure to communicate." Clearly you didn't tell him you were going outdoors to sit for a while.

If you did, and he still locked you out...

Old 08-13-2015, 11:26 PM   #23803
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
"What we have here is a failure to communicate." Clearly you didn't tell him you were going outdoors to sit for a while.

If you did, and he still locked you out...

Heh.

He just came home from tennising...
Old 08-14-2015, 12:59 PM   #23804
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I went outside and sat on the front step, listening to the cicadas, and watching the fireflies and looking at the stars.

Then I heard "clunk clunk". DH locked me out of the house! He CLAIMS he didn't know I was out there. After I bashed on the door, he got a small piece of my mind!
Dawg gone it!

What is our husbands problems locking us out?
Must be something in the water.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:19 PM   #23805
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Dawg gone it!

What is our husbands problems locking us out?
Must be something in the water.

LOL! DH didn't even notice that I wasn't in the house when he got home from tennis!

Yeah, must be something in the water, Munky!
Old 08-14-2015, 01:26 PM   #23806
Honey Badger

Ahhh, but we can put something in the water.
Wives can be nice like that.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:33 PM   #23807
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Ahhh, but we can put something in the water.
Wives can be nice like that.

This is true. A very valid point.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:58 PM   #23808
Chef Extraordinaire

Once again, "Failure to Communicate." I had an appointment for my carotid test. A very important test. It is to check the blockage in my neck. Winthrop had it on their schedule, but forgot to notify transportation, once again. Ever since they brought on the new office help that is responsible for this, they have been having too many missed appointments and failure of transportation pickup calls. I am really trying to hold onto my patience while the new help learns her job, but it is becoming a losing battle.

Well, I am now home and all set for a well deserved nap. But first I have to go check the mail.
Old 08-14-2015, 02:43 PM   #23809
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Once again, "Failure to Communicate." I had an appointment for my carotid test. A very important test. It is to check the blockage in my neck. Winthrop had it on their schedule, but forgot to notify transportation, once again. Ever since they brought on the new office help that is responsible for this, they have been having too many missed appointments and failure of transportation pickup calls. I am really trying to hold onto my patience while the new help learns her job, but it is becoming a losing battle.

Well, I am now home and all set for a well deserved nap. But first I have to go check the mail.
Addie, this seems to happen to you A LOT. I think I'd be giving Winthrop a call the day before scheduled appointments, just to make sure everyone is on the same page. Sure seems like it would avoid a lot of frustration.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:01 PM   #23810
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Addie, this seems to happen to you A LOT. I think I'd be giving Winthrop a call the day before scheduled appointments, just to make sure everyone is on the same page. Sure seems like it would avoid a lot of frustration.
Cheryl I started to do that about two months ago. I phone in the appointment rather than leave it to the hospital to do it. And I make Winthrop read it back to me when I am done. I then remind them to notify transportation so they can put it on their calendar. I would even go that far but the patient is not allowed. The order for transportation has to come from ESP office only.

When Judy and Caroline were at the front desk full time, I never once had this problem. But the both of them have semi retired. One works in the morning with the new girl and then the other comes in for the afternoon and works with her. But unless she is tied up with a phone call, Judy and Caroline let her handle all the phone calls and they do the work entering info into the computers on patients. They try to not interfere with her ability (or lack of) to handle the phones.

So now everything I have tried with patience is going to change. I will call and ask to speak with Caroline or Judy the day before and ask them to make sure ESP has been notified for transportation for local appointments the day before and I will do the same with Cataldo Ambulance for transportation to appointments in town at the hospital.

The new woman has been there now for more than two months. She should know the routine by now. I shouldn't have to do her work. But to save the frustration, it looks like I will have to. GRRRR!