What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, the Perseid meteor shower - it will be in the eastern sky, most visible during the wee hours before dawn. I'll be watching. We have no city lights out here to interfere with the dark sky, so should see some. :) I might have to go to the end of the driveway and a couple houses down to get a good view away from the trees.

Yep, the Perseid meteor shower - it will be in the eastern sky, most visible during the wee hours before dawn. I'll be watching. We have no city lights out here to interfere with the dark sky, so should see some. :) I might have to go to the end of the driveway and a couple houses down to get a good view away from the trees.

My eastern sky is right over the Atlantic Ocean. Just a block away.

Hopefully some of us here can see the meteor shower - sure wish I had a good camera lens. Can't be sure I'm going to get up at 3AM to try to catch a glimpse, but I'll try. lol :)

Three a.m.? :ermm: I'll have to think that one over. If I am up, I might. But that is not a good time to be out in this town. The bars have just emptied and all the drunks and nuts are on the loose. And this is Saturday!

I'm going to be out, seeing if the Perseids are high enough for me to see, anyway. I love this stuff, I do know my camera will not take adequate pictures.

I wouldn't either Addie, if there were bars around here and if this wasn't such a safe and quiet neighborhood. Last year I got up at 3AM to check out the meteor shower and there were a few longtime neighbors sitting in their lawn chairs in their front yards, watching as well. :LOL: :wub:

Fiona, I love this stuff, too. I was out watching the sky every evening recently when the Venus/Jupiter alignment was goin' on. And Mars was so bright and red - it was pretty cool. :)

I wouldn't either Addie, if there were bars around here and if this wasn't such a safe and quiet neighborhood. Last year I got up at 3AM to check out the meteor shower and there were a few longtime neighbors sitting in their lawn chairs in their front yards, watching as well. :LOL: :wub:

Fiona, I love this stuff, too. I was out watching the sky every evening recently when the Venus/Jupiter alignment was goin' on. And Mars was so bright and red - it was pretty cool. :)

When I worked nights I used to take the telescope to work and we'd set it up in the courtyard for interested patients. That was fun.

Now that would be awesome, Fiona! I would love to have a telescope. :)

Then you should get one, Cheryl. There are some reasonably priced ones. I grew up goping to the planetarium and hanging out with Dad and the telescope. And then it was a microscope, etc, etc,...

We just got home from vacation today. We made it through disney & all the theme parks & universal studios too. It was great fun. My knees held up pretty good. It is great to be home. Got a call when we were gone the freezer at work crashed & we lost about $500. worth of inventory.

Hopefully some of us here can see the meteor shower - sure wish I had a good camera lens. Can't be sure I'm going to get up at 3AM to try to catch a glimpse, but I'll try. lol :)
I doubt I will be able to see it tonight (this is a multi-night event, isn't it?). It's raining and when it's clear I can see a dozen stars. :wacko:

We just got home from vacation today. We made it through disney & all the theme parks & universal studios too. It was great fun. My knees held up pretty good. It is great to be home. Got a call when we were gone the freezer at work crashed & we lost about $500. worth of inventory.

Great to see you back SB, I have missed you :)

Sounds like you had a wonderful time away..Disneyland sounds great as does US :)

Not so good about the freezer though :(

I doubt I will be able to see it tonight (this is a multi-night event, isn't it?). It's raining and when it's clear I can see a dozen stars. :wacko:

Hi taxlady. Yes, it's supposed to be a couple of nights. It's starting to get cloudy here tonight, darn it - we're hoping for rain but still would like it to be clear just for this one night :LOL: Can't have everything, I guess! lol

Simonbaker, oh my gosh, so sorry to hear of your frozen foods loss! :(

Then you should get one, Cheryl. There are some reasonably priced ones. I grew up goping to the planetarium and hanging out with Dad and the telescope. And then it was a microscope, etc, etc,...

I really should, Fiona. Sounds like something I should get my brother to help me search out. :)

I really should, Fiona. Sounds like something I should get my brother to help me search out. :)

Be a nice little hobby for you on nice nights. I enjoy it, relaxing and aside from being able to aim the scope it's a hobby that asks nothing of you. Any further inquiry is from your mind, not something that has to be chased or mastered.

I made 16 dozen meatballs tonight and 2 kg of cooked ground beef. It is all for the youth conference. I still have to make another 16 dozen or so to make for sweet and sour. My neighbour is helping me so it goes much faster. The first batch are for stroganoff - they will be served the same night with egg noodles and rice.

My back/side was through the roof with pain the last two days and the only position that I can maintain for any time is walking so I was doing a lot of moving while we were doing the meatballs. Just hope this is gone by Monday, though I don't sit down much during the week anyway - except when my crew makes me! They are pretty strict that way.:rolleyes: I even have a special chair with my obus form on it!

Watching the meteor shower...not much happening, yet. I was falling asleep so I came inside for a while. Shrek is still out there, I'm going to take a nap and set the alarm for 2:30 am.

Back
Top Bottom