"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-21-2015, 04:11 PM   #24141
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Your Loving DH was going to be essentially gone for two days...I was just joking about remodeling while he was gone. Too late now, he's back
Ha, ok now I get it. When he goes I often tell him I'll have a Bridges Of Madison County good time.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:26 PM   #24142
Senior Cook

Today I flew an Angel Flight mission to take a cancer patient from the San Diego area up to Santa Monica to go to UCLA Medical Center.
Complicating the mission were low clouds and crosswinds at both airports.
In fact, at LAX they had planes landing to the East as opposed to the normal approach where they land to the West.
The best part is we got home and they can use the plane again
That comes from an old joke-
A good landing is one you can walk away from
A great landing is one where they can use the plane again

Old 09-21-2015, 10:25 PM   #24143
Master Chef

Sous, glad to hear you got everyone safely where they were suppose to be, and got home safe yourself. Thank you again for what you do.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:48 PM   #24144
Master Chef

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned I got a jury summons, well, I was instructed to call this evening and my number came up to appear tomorrow morning for jury questioning and selection. I was hoping I'd be called to appear, as my number has never come up before.

I think it would be interesting to serve on a jury panel since I never have before, but I think I'll be disqualified during questioning. Small town, my son-in-law is a cop here, and I'm friends with the judge's wife.

Going to set my alarm and go to bed early tonight, I have to be there at 8AM and I'm usually just having my first cup of coffee by then.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:10 PM   #24145
Master Chef

You're going to enjoy the process Cheryl. I've served so many times through the years, I'm now retired. I always felt privileged to serve the best I could, and I know you will too. It's really interesting!
Take a book with you.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:19 PM   #24146
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Agree, you'll enjoy it, Cheryl. I've been summoned several times, but have never served. I was disappointed the last time, the defendant never showed up, so we were all sent home. That guy was in big trouble. I read about the charges in the paper, sounded like an interesting case. And I agree with Kayelle, bring a book or a reading device.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:54 PM   #24147
Master Chef

Thanks, Kay and Dawg. I hope I'm accepted to serve on the jury, we'll see. The last 2 times I was summoned, I was caring for my mom full time so I got an exemption. I'll definitely bring a book, thanks for the tip.

Dawg, that would be disappointing to go through the process only to be sent home. I'm really curious what kind of trial this is. I'll post back tomorrow when all is said and done and let ya know.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:17 PM   #24148
Master Chef

DH and I cleaned our washing machine today. We have had it for years and we are finally getting around to it. The worst part was the liquid fabric softener dispenser. Then we cleaned the agitator assembly (that wasn't so bad). Then DH cleaned the interior and exterior. Holy moly, it looks brand new. I told DH that now it will probably break down.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:22 PM   #24149
Chef Extraordinaire

Um... you're supposed to clean the washing machine?
Old 09-22-2015, 04:33 PM   #24150
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
DH and I cleaned our washing machine today. We have had it for years and we are finally getting around to it. The worst part was the liquid fabric softener dispenser. Then we cleaned the agitator assembly (that wasn't so bad). Then DH cleaned the interior and exterior. Holy moly, it looks brand new. I told DH that now it will probably break down.
Your post reminds me of my mother!

Mom used to wax the refrigerator with Jubilee Kitchen Wax, so far I've been able to resist the urge!