"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-22-2015, 05:19 PM   #24151
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Um... you're supposed to clean the washing machine?
That's what I used to think too. There's actually a product called washing machine cleaner. https://www.clorox.com/products/clor...FU0YHwodYWEPSg

You'd think filling the machine with soap and water (and clothes) and agitating it would serve the purpose.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:58 PM   #24152
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
That's what I used to think too. There's actually a product called washing machine cleaner. https://www.clorox.com/products/clor...FU0YHwodYWEPSg

You'd think filling the machine with soap and water (and clothes) and agitating it would serve the purpose.
Really? Not criticizing but I wipe and clean dish washer, washing machine and drier after every use .

Old 09-22-2015, 10:40 PM   #24153
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodieFanatic View Post
Really? Not criticizing but I wipe and clean dish washer, washing machine and drier after every use .
There's much more to life than housework. I just can't spend that much time wiping things.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:51 PM   #24154
Certified Pretend Chef

As with the washing machine, I consider the DW clean after use. It's been washed, dried and sanitized with every use.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:57 PM   #24155
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
As with the washing machine, I consider the DW clean after use. It's been washed, dried and sanitized with every use.
Soap of any kind leaves scum behind just like in the tub or shower. Sometimes elbow grease is needed to remove it.

The still sell Jubilee Wax. It was taken off the market because it wasn't a big seller. But due to demand, it is back. Vermont Country Store carries it. I have a bottle and use it on my washer also. I have had my machine for more than ten years, and it still looks like new. If I am going to pay a lot of money for an appliance, then I am going to take care of it the best I can.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:45 AM   #24156
Senior Cook

Quote:
There's much more to life than housework. I just can't spend that much time wiping things.
Really, you can't take one minute to wipe things down? We all live differently. I worked hard to have nice things and want to keep them that way.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:47 AM   #24157
Senior Cook

Quote:

There is also a product to clean your dishwasher that we use once a month.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:50 AM   #24158
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Soap of any kind leaves scum behind just like in the tub or shower. Sometimes elbow grease is needed to remove it.

The still sell Jubilee Wax. It was taken off the market because it wasn't a big seller. But due to demand, it is back. Vermont Country Store carries it. I have a bottle and use it on my washer also. I have had my machine for more than ten years, and it still looks like new. If I am going to pay a lot of money for an appliance, then I am going to take care of it the best I can.
Thank you! I totally agree if I paid money for something, I'm keeping it nice and clean all the time. And, I love the Vermont country store! Lots of oldies but goodies!
Old 09-23-2015, 04:03 AM   #24159
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodieFanatic View Post
Really, you can't take one minute to wipe things down? We all live differently. I worked hard to have nice things and want to keep them that way.
My things are perfectly nice. They're just not always dust-free. Life's too short.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:55 AM   #24160
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
My things are perfectly nice. They're just not always dust-free. Life's too short.
My son is a clean and neat freak.

"Ma, do you know you have some dirty dishes in the sink?" (A cup and spoon.)

"Yeah, I know."

"Well aren't you going to clean them?" "

Why, do they have legs to get up and leave for a cleaner house?"

They will still be there when I get up and feel like taking care of them. Some days are cleaning days, and some are not! Just read my signature line. It says it all.