"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-23-2015, 09:15 PM   #24171
Certified Pretend Chef

That's a huge job, Cheryl. Good luck.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:25 PM   #24172
Master Chef

Thank you, Andy.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:39 PM   #24173
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Glad you got some good pics of your sis's bday party, Andy. My daughter was also telling me about Costco's great prices on prints. Good quality too, I hear.

I have a huge job ahead of me, a couple of months ago my aunt and uncle (in their 80's) brought me 5 metal boxes with almost 2000 carefully stored and catalogued slides. They're from the mid 1940's to the '60's. Mainly vacation pics of trips to Yosemite and other CA national parks. I need to get a scanner first to see which ones I want to print. I looked at them through a slide viewer and am surprised at the great color and quality.
Does your printer scan at all? Today's printers are 3 in 1. Print, copy and scan. And they have come way down in price.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:02 PM   #24174
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Does your printer scan at all? Today's printers are 3 in 1. Print, copy and scan. And they have come way down in price.
That should read copy, scan and fax. It is obvious that they print. The 3 in 1 are now less than $100. I have the HP and I use it for everything. One time I scanned a cookbook in.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:30 PM   #24175
Master Chef

Hi, gang! Ready or not, Phase One of my garage/yard/porch sale (I have a LOT of stuff... ) is happening tomorrow and Friday. Trying something different by having an evening sale (5-8), followed on Friday by a 10-4 sale. As long as the weather holds out, I'll probably reprise those hours next week, too. Please do whatever your thing is, whether prayers, good thoughts, or witchcraft, and send positive vibes for that good weather, please. I have way more stuff than I have horizontal surfaces. I still have boxes of stuff that haven't even been priced. Where did all this stuff COME from???

For your perusal, a few pics from the basement before I started any of the pricing and organizing, and a photo of the garage before the set-up began. IF I remember tomorrow, I'll post of photo of the garage just as the garage goes up. With any luck, I'll get to do this all over again in a week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-09-19 20.41.30.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	23512   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-09-19 20.42.33.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	23513  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-09-19 20.47.39.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	23514   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-09-21 14.29.12.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	23515  

Old 09-23-2015, 10:38 PM   #24176
Master Chef

Well hi there, CG! Wow...what a difference, you have really done a lot. Good to see you again, and I'm sending good vibes for a great sale! I'd sure go if I could.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:56 PM   #24177
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Well hi there, CG! Wow...what a difference, you have really done a lot. Good to see you again, and I'm sending good vibes for a great sale! I'd sure go if I could.
+1 and I'm sending good vibes too - for good garage sale weather and a good sale.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:03 PM   #24178
Chef Extraordinaire

What do you want for that white wicker table? It will go perfectly with my front porch furniture! Good luck with the sale!
Old 09-23-2015, 11:06 PM   #24179
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Glad you got some good pics of your sis's bday party, Andy. My daughter was also telling me about Costco's great prices on prints. Good quality too, I hear.

I have a huge job ahead of me, a couple of months ago my aunt and uncle (in their 80's) brought me 5 metal boxes with almost 2000 carefully stored and catalogued slides. They're from the mid 1940's to the '60's. Mainly vacation pics of trips to Yosemite and other CA national parks. I need to get a scanner first to see which ones I want to print. I looked at them through a slide viewer and am surprised at the great color and quality.

Holy crap, Cheryl, that is a huge job! Is there somewhere you could take them where they could do it for you?
Old 09-23-2015, 11:09 PM   #24180
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Hi, gang! Ready or not, Phase One of my garage/yard/porch sale (I have a LOT of stuff... ) is happening tomorrow and Friday. Trying something different by having an evening sale (5-8), followed on Friday by a 10-4 sale. As long as the weather holds out, I'll probably reprise those hours next week, too. Please do whatever your thing is, whether prayers, good thoughts, or witchcraft, and send positive vibes for that good weather, please. I have way more stuff than I have horizontal surfaces. I still have boxes of stuff that haven't even been priced. Where did all this stuff COME from???

For your perusal, a few pics from the basement before I started any of the pricing and organizing, and a photo of the garage before the set-up began. IF I remember tomorrow, I'll post of photo of the garage just as the garage goes up. With any luck, I'll get to do this all over again in a week.

Good luck, CG! This does not look insurmountable!