"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-24-2015, 04:48 PM   #24201
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Shrek is now using the elec scooters or the wheelchair with a basket (I push). Sometimes he looks like a rolling trash heap by the time I finish shopping, but it does make the trip go faster. It's also easier to leave him at the end of an aisle while I run down and get what I want.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:52 PM   #24202
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Shrek is now using the elec scooters or the wheelchair with a basket (I push). Sometimes he looks like a rolling trash heap by the time I finish shopping, but it does make the trip go faster. It's also easier to leave him at the end of an aisle while I run down and get what I want.

I'm getting closer to taking my turn with those!

These days when I go into the store, even for just one item, I grab a cart to use as my rolling walker!

"When life is too much, roll with it, baby" - Steve Winwood

Old 09-24-2015, 06:00 PM   #24203
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I'm getting closer to taking my turn with those!

These days when I go into the store, even for just one item, I grab a cart to use as my rolling walker!

"When life is too much, roll with it, baby" - Steve Winwood

My mom was too proud to use a motorized cart, but she always insisted on using a regular shopping cart as her "walker".

It took me three years to talk her into getting a handicap tag for her car, and even then, she wouldn't hang it from the mirror, she left it on the seat!
Old 09-24-2015, 10:50 PM   #24204
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post
Got run into by a lady on a mart cart at Walmart on purpose...
Good lord, what was HER problem? Or...did you do something to antagonize her...

I'm relaxing. Every stinkin' time I have a garage sale I swear I'll never do it again. And then I do. BUT, I did make $166 dollars today (including the pre-sale stuff from a neighbor). Even deducting paying for tonight's take out of $23, which will feed us tomorrow and another day too, I still cleared almost as much as I need for a tablet of my own...since Himself said we could "share" his, and now he won't. And we did get rid of some things. Not enough, but some. Forgot to take photos before I started today, so here are a couple of shots of what I'll have starting tomorrow. Weather permitting, we'll do this again next Thursday/Friday. At least almost everything is priced...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-09-24 20.59.38.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	23531   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-09-24 20.59.30.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	23532  

Old 09-24-2015, 11:16 PM   #24205
Master Chef

Looks good, CG. Nice and organized - I dislike going to garage/yard sales when everything is a jumbled mess.

My son-in-law hosts huge Halloween parties every year and would like your ghost.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:31 PM   #24206
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
99% of the time I see most people are more than happy to help those who are shopping alone while in elec scooters. The thing I see most often is those who have trouble reaching the regular milk - they put it on the highest shelves and the soy/almond/half and half/cream etc. on reachable shelves.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:42 PM   #24207
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
99% of the time I see most people are more than happy to help those who are shopping alone while in elec scooters. The thing I see most often is those who have trouble reaching the regular milk - they put it on the highest shelves and the soy/almond/half and half/cream etc. on reachable shelves.

When I was at the store yesterday I watched a very short little old lady trying to reach the top shelf to get a box of tissues. I was going to ask her if I could help, but she managed to get it. As I'm tall, I have no problem reaching stuff, and try to offer help when needed. She was pretty feisty!
Old 09-25-2015, 12:36 AM   #24208
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
When I was at the store yesterday I watched a very short little old lady trying to reach the top shelf to get a box of tissues. I was going to ask her if I could help, but she managed to get it. As I'm tall, I have no problem reaching stuff, and try to offer help when needed. She was pretty feisty!
If I see a tall person nearby, I ask them to help me with stuff from the high shelf. It's hard to climb the shelf and grab stuff at the same time.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:00 AM   #24209
Certified Pretend Chef

I find a good percentage of people who need help don't ask right away. So I offer. But no one ever offers to get down on their hands and knees to get an item at the back of the bottom shelf for me.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:03 AM   #24210
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I find a good percentage of people who need help don't ask right away. So I offer. But no one ever offers to get down on their hands and knees to get an item at the back of the bottom shelf for me.
I would offer...I do it often for tall people.