"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-14-2015, 08:12 AM   #24381
Chef Extraordinaire

All red blood cells are round: http://www.britannica.com/science/red-blood-cell

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Last week you were saying your arthritis was so bad you could barely move.

Your daughter wasn't born 63 years ago, right? That would make you 12 at the time of her birth

Old 10-14-2015, 08:29 AM   #24382
Master Chef

I'm surfing the net looking for a shelf that I can suspend from the bottom of my upper kitchen cabinets, over the kitchen counter. I want something to hold the items I use everyday so they are always at hand and still be able to keep my limited counter space free of clutter. I need something about 38" long, 8"deep with an 8"drop. Any ideas?

I may have to make an expedition to Lowe's or Home Depot, I never find what I want but I always come home with something that I never knew existed!

Old 10-14-2015, 09:59 AM   #24383
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm trying to wake up so I can leave for the Danish Club Luncheon at 11h30.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:41 AM   #24384
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
All red blood cells are round: red blood cell | biology | Britannica.com

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Last week you were saying your arthritis was so bad you could barely move.

Your daughter wasn't born 63 years ago, right? That would make you 12 at the time of her birth
You're asking me to do math. I don't have enough fingers and toes. She was born in 1956. That I remember. And she weighed 6 lb.2 oz. I was 17 when she was born.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:09 AM   #24385
Chef Extraordinaire

She's seven years older than me, so that makes her 59.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:18 AM   #24386
Chef Extraordinaire

When I went to donate blood, the woman in the blood mobile said that my cells were too round. I though she was crazy so I went to ask my doctor. He sent me for a rash of blood work tests. The walls of some of my cells are too thick and make my cells stay perfectly round and unable to change shape enough when going through the veins and arteries.

When I told my father this, he said he had the same problem. What I want to know is why the hell did they allow him to donate his blood to me then? I didn't think to ask if I was born with this problem, so that is why they allowed it. I can't help wondering if it is a tribal trait. Did my grandfather have it also? To late to ask the questions. They are all dead. Although I suppose I could go up to Maine to see the tribal members and ask questions there. But why bother.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:21 AM   #24387
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
She's seven years older than me, so that makes her 59.
I know the years my kids were born, but can never remember their ages. So that is why she got her full State pension. She only had three years to go to retirement. So they gave her the package deal.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:33 AM   #24388
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
When I told my father this, he said he had the same problem. What I want to know is why the hell did they allow him to donate his blood to me then? I didn't think to ask if I was born with this problem, so that is why they allowed it.
Medical knowledge has increased tremendously in the last 75 years. They probably didn't know about it when you were born.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:44 PM   #24389
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Medical knowledge has increased tremendously in the last 75 years. They probably didn't know about it when you were born.
So true. My mother had a different blood type. My sister has her type and I have my father's. And it is the blood type that matters.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:47 PM   #24390
Master Chef

I had heard that if you drive under so many mile in a year you get a cut on your car insurance. So I called our agent and she said that is right for our company. Here it is under 7500 miles for the year. I told her that would include us. So she said we will get a reduction. I asked her how much and she said, $18. I said, hey, anything helps.