What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
taxlady said:
I don't know what the law is where you live. Here, in Quebec, we have "no fault" insurance and must carry liability insurance, but we are not obliged to have "two way" insurance. If I don't want to pay to insure my car, I don't have to do so. I can buy cheaper "one way" insurance that just covers my liability.

It is the same here. My insurance is about $300 a year (I'm sure it was more when I was a teenager and my parents paid it), and I've been driving for 10 years and never used it. So, maybe I wouldn't be able to buy that nice of a car, but it would sure be a nice down payment lol.

It is almost 18.00 hours or 6pm and we shall be setting off for the Port for a café and stroll ... There is a artisanal market with all sorts of goodies to browse and check out.

Have lovely evening.
Margi.

It is the same here. My insurance is about $300 a year (I'm sure it was more when I was a teenager and my parents paid it), and I've been driving for 10 years and never used it. So, maybe I wouldn't be able to buy that nice of a car, but it would sure be a nice down payment lol.
I just remembered another way to save on car insurance. You can increase the deductible. A friend of mine put the money he saved by having a higher deductible into an account specifically for that. It took him about 7 years to save up the entire deductible, which he can use if he ever needs to pay the deductible.

taxlady said:
I just remembered another way to save on car insurance. You can increase the deductible. A friend of mine put the money he saved by having a higher deductible into an account specifically for that. It took him about 7 years to save up the entire deductible, which he can use if he ever needs to pay the deductible.

Cool- I'll have to look into that!! I'm a very safe, aware driver. I don't get into fender benders (knock on wood) and I always follow traffic laws.

Cool- I'll have to look into that!! I'm a very safe, aware driver. I don't get into fender benders (knock on wood) and I always follow traffic laws.
Again, I don't know how it works where you live, but here I only pay the deductible for repairs due to an accident if I was at fault. I still have to pay deductible on vandalism to my car.

I'm replacing the screen in a screen door. It was torn to shreds by Shreddy, fighting with other cats through the screen.

taxlady said:
I'm replacing the screen in a screen door. It was torn to shreds by Shreddy, fighting with other cats through the screen.

His name suits him!

Last edited:
Mission accomplished. I only did the bottom section. Now it's up to Stirling to take off two patio doors, so I can put the screen door back.

still working on the craft closet. donation of most . the rest in the trash. it is hard to let go of some it. but i am being ruthless. will be glad when done.

and of course the rest of chores have to be done as well.

lol, Sir Loin...:LOL: Taxlady, I was gonna say, Shreddy is the perfect name, haha! :ermm:

I've been trimming and re-potting houseplants. Just doing a couple at a time, as it's still so blasted hot. But needs to be done. They are thanking me for it, I can tell....:ermm: :)

I convinced Stirling to try some kale chips. He hated them. He said they were the worst tasting food he had ever tried, worse than Brussels sprouts!

taxlady said:
I convinced Stirling to try some kale chips. He hated them. He said they were the worst tasting food he had ever tried, worse than Brussels sprouts!

Hmm. Been meaning to try them, but if they taste like Brussels sprouts, then fuggedaboudit. Blech.

taxlady said:
I don't think they taste like Brussels sprouts, but Stirling thought they were worse than Bs.

Nothing much worse tasting than Bs, IMHO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom