"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-26-2015, 03:38 PM   #24491
Honey Badger

Gah it's seems like today's not going to end.I've some miles under my belt already.Took my little dog to the vet.Dropped her off to be groomed with all the pretty things girls like.I hope they have red nail polish. To match her bow.After that we have to go pick her up to be examined by the vet.We think her hot spots have become infected.

Ran the truck through the car wash.Off to Costco bought stuff I shouldn't have..Stopped for gas.
Taking a few minute breather until we have to drive all the way back to pick her up.Guess I'll put the groceries away.

Old 10-26-2015, 03:59 PM   #24492
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I'm just so durn happy you're feeling up to cooking for all those people GG! I hope they all appreciate the wonderful sounding meals!

I got off the scale this morning to a huge reward after being on this very low carb diet for 6 weeks. I'm down 20 lbs, so that's a lot of weight off the bum knee. It's feeling better and so am I.

PF..I didn't know you were not born in the USA?
Congratulation. Not an easy task to accomplish. Time to develop that great disease "sticktoitness." I went from 165 to 122 pounds. But my bones and joints are very happy. And so will yours be.

Old 10-26-2015, 04:02 PM   #24493
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Gah it's seems like today's not going to end.I've some miles under my belt already.Took my little dog to the vet.Dropped her off to be groomed with all the pretty things girls like.I hope they have red nail polish. To match her bow.After that we have to go pick her up to be examined by the vet.We think her hot spots have become infected.

Ran the truck through the car wash.Off to Costco bought stuff I shouldn't have..Stopped for gas.
Taking a few minute breather until we have to drive all the way back to pick her up.Guess I'll put the groceries away.
So are you leaving a little time for your friendly neighbors? They miss you. I am running as fast as my short little legs can go!
Old 10-26-2015, 07:17 PM   #24494
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Went through piles and piles of papers. Some have sensitive information and need to be burned or shredded, some need to be filed, and others are to be recycled. Good gravy, we get so many.

Got the creeping Charlie (ground ivy) in the lawn sprayed. It's taken over a good third of our yard. I'm more of a nature girl, but this stuff chokes out everything, and is very hard to get rid of. Had to spray today, the next few days are supposed to be rainy. I have enough solution left to hit it again in a couple weeks.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:37 PM   #24495
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Went through piles and piles of papers. Some have sensitive information and need to be burned or shredded, some need to be filed, and others are to be recycled. Good gravy, we get so many.

Got the creeping Charlie (ground ivy) in the lawn sprayed. It's taken over a good third of our yard. I'm more of a nature girl, but this stuff chokes out everything, and is very hard to get rid of. Had to spray today, the next few days are supposed to be rainy. I have enough solution left to hit it again in a couple weeks.
UGH - I so dislike that job. I've been going through papers in the file cabinet little by little for a couple of months now. Right now there are stacks in different categories on the bed in the guest room. I need to just get in there and git 'er done but it's overwhelming, and I'm afraid I'll throw something away that I'll eventually need.

I remember Creeping Charlies, haven't heard of them for many years now! I used to have them in hanging planters back when hanging plants were popular, some used to reach almost to the floor.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:59 PM   #24496
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
So are you leaving a little time for your friendly neighbors? They miss you. I am running as fast as my short little legs can go!
Lol, no Addie.

I know they miss me I see it in their glaring eyes.They aren't lyin' eyes either.

Just got back.My dog had to have surgery like done right now on both of her ears.She's just out of it with the sedation they gave her.Apparently she had a fox tail in both ears that were way too close to her eardrums for comfort. We weren't expecting that. Her boo boo's were infected.Glad I had her groomed before the vet saw her.That really helped.

She has one of the prettiest haircuts I ever seen on her.They did a beautiful job.And little Sophie loves her baby pink cammo bandana.

She's asleep in a deep snore right now at my feet. Getting the camera ready for her pics while stoned.She's hilarious!
Old 10-26-2015, 08:10 PM   #24497
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
UGH - I so dislike that job. I've been going through papers in the file cabinet little by little for a couple of months now. Right now there are stacks in different categories on the bed in the guest room. I need to just get in there and git 'er done but it's overwhelming, and I'm afraid I'll throw something away that I'll eventually need.
Scan your documents and then shred them
Old 10-26-2015, 08:42 PM   #24498
Master Chef

Yep, you're right, GG. My 5 year old printer/copier doesn't have a scanner, but it's about to be replaced.

Aww, Munky....glad little Sophie is better - looking forward to seeing pics of her in her little bandana.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:27 AM   #24499
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Sitting with a kitten on my lap, on the keyboard, in my coffee....
Old 10-27-2015, 08:33 AM   #24500
Master Chef

Grandson Josh just left for school. Had to take his drums back this morning, the school band marched in the Halloween parade last night. Great memories.