"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-01-2015, 08:33 AM   #24511
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Just finished a 13 hour shift because of DST...why is it the longest night of the year is also the most boring???

Old 11-02-2015, 08:17 AM   #24512
Master Chef

Rearranging the freezer to make room for the Thanksgiving turkey and making a small, two bowl, pot of Zuppa Toscana.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:27 PM   #24513
Certified Cake Maniac

I am basically staying home today waiting for call-backs from doctors and labs for test results and appointments for more tests. They are still unsure what is going on with my kidneys so I am once again in limbo.

So, plans include some baking, writing and cleaning house!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 02:39 PM   #24514
Honey Badger

Having a second cup of coffee listening to the rain fall.
Finally it's pouring out.It's been so long since we've had a good soak.

Once the caffeine kicks in.I'll be spending the day moving boxes to the donation center.Later in the week I'll be packing up stuff in the house.

Rules are:If it hasn't been used or touched in a year it goes to Goodwill.

I'm exempt from the rule.Don't make the cook mad and leave my yarn stash alone!
Old 11-02-2015, 02:55 PM   #24515
Chef Extraordinaire

I love living in this establishment. My apartment takes the grand sum of 20 minutes of my time to clean it. Rosie my iRobot vacuum cleans two rooms for me. And because I only have the big room and kitchen, I have to keep it picked up or it gets out of hand quickly. So it is mostly dusting and doing up any dishes that might be in the sink.

And I have one of the largest apartments. Imagine how quickly the other tenants can clean theirs. But what I don't understand is how come we have a couple of hoarders? The kind you see on TV!
Old 11-02-2015, 03:07 PM   #24516
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I love living in this establishment. My apartment takes the grand sum of 20 minutes of my time to clean it. Rosie my iRobot vacuum cleans two rooms for me. And because I only have the big room and kitchen, I have to keep it picked up or it gets out of hand quickly. So it is mostly dusting and doing up any dishes that might be in the sink.

And I have one of the largest apartments. Imagine how quickly the other tenants can clean theirs. But what I don't understand is how come we have a couple of hoarders? The kind you see on TV!
You just reminded me I have to put my new vacuum together.

Living in a smaller apartment than yours it might look like hoarding to the extreme.To them it's probably more family memento's that you see.They to have had to downsize.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:55 PM   #24517
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
You just reminded me I have to put my new vacuum together.

Living in a smaller apartment than yours it might look like hoarding to the extreme.To them it's probably more family memento's that you see.They to have had to downsize.
No, this was real hording. They had to call in their kids to get the apartments cleaned out or they were going to evict. Once the apartments were cleaned, the problem with mice was cleaned up also. Every apartment had a sticky trap in it. I never saw any. But then I wasn't anywhere near the offending apartments. Some of the residents did see mice running along the baseboards in the hall way.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:59 PM   #24518
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
A friend is coming to Montreal from London. I'm on standby to pick her up if her lift falls through.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:29 PM   #24519
Master Chef

This morning I had a recheck Ultrasound for my aortic aneurysm, and then we went to breakfast. Durn near kills me not to have my morning coffee. We went to BB&B to get some cooking gadgets, and then on to Ralph's so I could get the Bryers 3 carb ice cream I've been craving. Thanks for the tip Aunt Bea! I can hardly wait for dessert tonight!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:01 PM   #24520
Honey Badger

All done with the garage.Looks good.We do have a floor!

Price checking now for hearing aids.It's unbelievable how much they cost.
$3000.00. WOT?
Maybe it's better that I not have my hearing checked.Play ignorant because I can't hear you.LOL.I don't need one really.I am ignoring you!

Seriously though my hearing loss has become very apparent with everyone around me.I didn't realize how many social situations I was in that you would find me in a corner looking extremely bored.Well, I was.Peoples voices in a large crowded noisy room I couldn't make out what someone was saying to me.I'd walk away.It was frustrating to the point I've not been wanting to go anywhere.

So Hubby and our guys have talked me into at least having my hearing checked.They might have a fight on their hands if I have to wear one.