"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-28-2015, 02:44 PM   #24701
Honey Badger

Getting ready to go Christmas shopping.
Tis the season to be jolly....

Old 11-28-2015, 06:48 PM   #24702
Master Chef

I'm busy trying to get my gaping mouth to stay closed. Our across-the-street neighbors are moving to Williamsburg VA, and she and I had a nice visit before things get hectic when the movers show up in three weeks. Some of you might remember our next-door neighbors from Hades, the one who had four police vehicles in front of their house a few weeks back. Well, Mrs. Across-the-Street was telling me things about Ms. Next-Door that I never knew. Things I never even suspected! Things that you figure are restricted to racy TV shows but don't happen in YOUR neighborhood! I've lived next to these people for TWELVE YEARS and my biggest take-away? That they do not know how to control their dogs. Wow, do I live in a bubble.

One good thing to note: it made it very clear to me today that there is no way anyone could ever accuse me of being a nosy neighbor. My across-the-street neighbor isn't nosy either, but she has friends who are police officers...

Old 11-28-2015, 07:04 PM   #24703
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I'm busy trying to get my gaping mouth to stay closed. Our across-the-street neighbors are moving to Williamsburg VA, and she and I had a nice visit before things get hectic when the movers show up in three weeks. Some of you might remember our next-door neighbors from Hades, the one who had four police vehicles in front of their house a few weeks back. Well, Mrs. Across-the-Street was telling me things about Ms. Next-Door that I never knew. Things I never even suspected! Things that you figure are restricted to racy TV shows but don't happen in YOUR neighborhood! I've lived next to these people for TWELVE YEARS and my biggest take-away? That they do not know how to control their dogs. Wow, do I live in a bubble.

One good thing to note: it made it very clear to me today that there is no way anyone could ever accuse me of being a nosy neighbor. My across-the-street neighbor isn't nosy either, but she has friends who are police officers...
When I encounter someone like your Mrs. Across-the-Street I always wonder what they have collected in my dossier!
Old 11-28-2015, 07:22 PM   #24704
Master Chef

That's exactly what I said to her! She said she hasn't snooped on any of the rest of her neighbors, and I actually believe her. I mean, if YOU were neighbors with my wild one neighbor and YOU had friends who were cops, YOU would want to know all the dirt too. When your police officer friend tells you they would buy your house but they don't want to live across from THOSE people, you want to know every niggling detail, I guess.

Himself's parting words to her were "I don't ever want to get on your bad side".
Old 11-28-2015, 07:44 PM   #24705
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Holy cow, CG!

When I was a teen, I worked in a little restaurant where our last customers of the night were cops. We'd make them a fresh pot of coffee, and they'd tell us all sorts of stuff about the crimes and criminals in the area. Unlike mental health workers, etc., cops don't have any rules to keep them from sharing stuff.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:49 PM   #24706
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post

Well I'm still here, but you've given me an idea, Munky. I'm still in my jammies and plan to stay that way, and don't have a furry cleaning genie.... but I think I'll wait until wine thirty (which may be soon ), and let that and some Christmas music help me with the clean up.
Oh yes. Christmas music always puts you in a cleaning mood. Start with the happy songs like Santa's Coming to Town. Then as you are almost done, you can go over to Silent Night and the hymn like ones. By then you will feel like a nice glass of wine and relaxing in your favorite chair.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:06 PM   #24707
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
(((Hugs Addie))) Get well soon.
I think the hugs and well wishes worked. I am feeling so much better today. Finally! It seems after a quick trip to the health clinic, my cold turned into pneumonia. Pneumicocal (?) pneumonia. The kind that is very dangerous for the elderly. They gave me an antibiotic shot. I had the shot more than eight years ago. I guess it has worn off.

The good news is that through it all I was continuously able to bring up all the phlegm. So every cough was very productive. Feeling so much better today. But very weak.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:45 PM   #24708
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

My closet cleaning continues. How can one person amass so many clothes? So far I have piles of sweaters, shirts, and jackets and coats, all in great condition.

Next I have to start on my business wear closet.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:16 PM   #24709
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I am starting to research my Sāmi ancestry. I have joined a few Sāmi groups. One of them is specifically for people researching their Sāmi ancestry using DNA and using other methods.

I'm learning all kinds of neat stuff. I even found out that there is a group of Sāmis who walked from Kiruna, the furthest north city in Sweden, to Paris to participate in the Climate Conference. That's over 3,000 km, that's about 1,865 miles. The walk was called "Run for your Life".
Old 12-02-2015, 02:56 PM   #24710
Honey Badger

Going to move furniture and set up our Christmas tree.
Decorate the house with bells of holly today.You know all that happy stuff.

I do it to irritate my Atheist neighbor next door. LOL!!!!
We always laugh when she makes the comments to us "WHY!?"
Our answer is the standard."Because WE can!"

My little dog won't be think it's funny.Poor thing is blind.She'll be walking and bumping into things for a few days until she gets used to it. Walk bump.Walk bump...I'll make it up to her tonight.Have a Ham bone defrosting in the fridge for her.