"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-10-2015, 03:11 PM   #24741
Master Chef

Flashback:
Call the phone company and tell them to bring you a new one.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 03:14 PM   #24742
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Take off the battery cover, remove the batteries and stick it in a bag or bowl and cove it with raw rice.
Thanks. I will try this.

Old 12-10-2015, 03:15 PM   #24743
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I've read that waterlogged cell phones can be salvaged when placed in a ziplock of dry rice. Also, if you have some of those anti- dessicant packets that come in shoe boxes, suitcases, and leather goods, that might help too. Take off any easily removable covers from the phone if you use the packets.
Thanks so much for your ideas. Jo
Old 12-10-2015, 03:18 PM   #24744
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Flashback:
Call the phone company and tell them to bring you a new one.
I didn't get this phone from any company. I bought it at WalMart. But thanks for your help.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:40 PM   #24745
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
I didn't get this phone from any company. I bought it at WalMart. But thanks for your help.
Aww JoAnn.....you must be to young to remember when all telephones (rotary dial days) were owned by the phone company and we only had to call to get one replaced.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 09:32 PM   #24746
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Sorry you aren't feeling well.The ER is a weird place, isn't it?
Think happy thoughts.

So, how has my kitty niece Monkey been doing?
Her job I hope.LOL!!! Running around getting into things.Creating chaos, hanging around... A true Munky cat!.

Get better soon.
Thanks, Munky, and everyone else for your well wishes.

I don't hear myself saying this very often, but that was a very beneficial trip to the ER. I got a good nurse and doctor, both of whom listened to me and took action. The doctor ordered blood work and x-rays to rule out our concerns (which they did) AND he called my surgeon who will be seeing me tomorrow (Friday) at 10:15 am. I would never have gotten an appointment that quick either through calling the office direct or going through my GP.

I also got some morphine which helped the pain and put me to sleep. Unfortunately it put me to sleep this morning during an ultrasound I was having for a completely different problem!

And Munky, as for Monkey, she is definitely doing her job...or at least how she interprets it! She is not used to me using my cane in the house so she has been hiding around corners and behind things on the ready to attack this thing that is somehow attached itself to "Mom". She has also found an empty box just inside our bedroom door. She can get in it without being noticed and then when anyone (especially Violet) goes by, she attacks. Plus she is very vocal, specifically when she wants food, etc. Sometimes I wish we named her "Monk" - maybe things would have been a lot different

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:12 PM   #24747
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
The rice worked for me when my cell phone jumped into the toilet.
Old 12-11-2015, 01:09 PM   #24748
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
The rice worked for me when my cell phone jumped into the toilet.
Have you ever notice how objects in our life have a way of jumping into areas where they don't belong. Specially into my shopping cart. I would never buy a box of Nilla Wafers. (Diabetes) Yet there they were at the register when I was checking out. Dirty dishes jump into my sink all the time. I know I just swept the floor, but there it is. A big piece of meat that was on the platter, and now it is on the floor. I swear I have a ghost that follows me around making the objects in my life jump around. And I have given her a name. Margaret. Margaret lived in this apartment before me and doesn't want me here. So she is out to drive me crazy.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:44 AM   #24749
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
...I would never buy a box of Nilla Wafers. (Diabetes) Yet there they were at the register when I was checking out...
Guess what, Addie? If you hand that box to the cashier with a smile and say "I've changed my mind, would you please return this to stock?" they will! Just so long as you haven't opened it up and started snacking on them, that is.

I am wondering who is stealing time from me. I'll be busy doing something, then look up at the clock and find out that entire hours of time have evaporated. What I would like is body motor speed faster than "slow".
Old 12-12-2015, 09:22 AM   #24750
Everymom

I'm enjoying a rare moment of quiet to myself. Things have been a wee bit nutty in our house lately. It is exam season for my girls so there is a lot of studying and stress around that. Yeesh! I have some coffee, and I'm enjoying browsing around here. I missed you guys!

Ever since my laptop went to the great recycle bin in the sky and I got my iPad, I've been a bit neglectful. I don't much care for the mobile app, and I prefer an actual keyboard to the one on my screen. I now have a bluetooth keyboard and am happily typing on that. Soooooo much easier if you have any kind of keyboarding skills.

Things are good in our world, the girls are grownups now, one finishing her first degree and the other is halfway through. She will be going on to vet school so thats a few more years yet, and my eldest is trying to decide if she wants to do grad school or not. She's going to take the next year to decide and then we'll see.

We lost a kitty back in February. He was 22 and much loved, so that was tough. We have now added a bratty little tabby/Mau mix to our menagerie and he is a darling. A little piggy with the food though, so we are now going to put the poor guy on a diet. I feel so badly doing that to cats who have known starvation, but he's getting pretty...um...portly. Our other kitty has let him know who is boss, and Murray just happily snuggles whoever needs snuggles.

I'm off to catch up on you all now. Hugs and hellos all around!