What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm figuring out how to use my Rigamonti tomato press/strainer. I have to figure it out again every year when it is tomato season...I don't use it for anything else, although I've heard it can be used like a food mill, I just never think of it when I need to use my food mill...(which I find to be a PITA--and not the kind that delivers hummus to my mouth).

I'm figuring out how to use my Rigamonti tomato press/strainer. I have to figure it out again every year when it is tomato season...I don't use it for anything else, although I've heard it can be used like a food mill, I just never think of it when I need to use my food mill...(which I find to be a PITA--and not the kind that delivers hummus to my mouth).

I have a file for just manuals. I also staple the receipt and any warranties to the manual. I need to go through it someday. I have manuals of things I tossed out ages ago. Whenever I give something I no longer want or use to one of my kids, I give them the manual also. :)

I have a file for just manuals. I also staple the receipt and any warranties to the manual. I need to go through it someday. I have manuals of things I tossed out ages ago. Whenever I give something I no longer want or use to one of my kids, I give them the manual also. :)
It didn't come with a manual and S/ONE burnt the box when I wasn't around...I keep my manuals in a drawer so I can find them. That is all that is in that drawer--gives you an idea of how many manuals I have.

I'm home, up early thanks to a cat dispute on the bed (which Ken slept through). I'm now trying to discover the source of the mystery smell. Smells a bit like cat, but there's no evidence of any misdeeds and the box is clean. Don't think there has been any kind of water leaking anywhere that we missed. *sigh* I was hoping for an easy solution, but I suspect I will need to do a thorough clean to kill it, and I'll probably never know what caused it.

I'm home, up early thanks to a cat dispute on the bed (which Ken slept through). I'm now trying to discover the source of the mystery smell. Smells a bit like cat, but there's no evidence of any misdeeds and the box is clean. Don't think there has been any kind of water leaking anywhere that we missed. *sigh* I was hoping for an easy solution, but I suspect I will need to do a thorough clean to kill it, and I'll probably never know what caused it.
Yikes, cat dispute on the bed. I hate that. And mystery smells are no fun either.

Yes when my tapioca shows up the coffee will...

Heh, I knew what episode you were talking about TL! A favorite, right after "How To Serve Man".
I have six of the type of coffee cup I used most of the time and used yesterday. I could only find five. When I put last of the stuff into the dishwasher, I counted the cups and there they were, all six. The minute guys snuck the empty cup somewhere, maybe into the dishwasher. But, when I could only find five, I was counting the ones in the dishwasher.

taxlady said:
Yikes, cat dispute on the bed. I hate that. And mystery smells are no fun either.

Our kitties have been looked after by family for the last two months, so I can't wait for cat disputes again!! We get to have the kitties in our new place on the 1st! Yay!! The only dispute we ever have tho is, "Stop sleeping on my feet!", "Stop sleeping on my chest!", "Stop sleeping on my back!", "Stop sleeping on my hip!"... Well, you get the idea. MY kitty spoons with you under the covers with his head on the pillow. Bf's cat likes to be king of the castle.

I have a lovely scratch on my wrist that looks I was trying to injure myself. Girl cat was being a bit too rambunctious for boy kitty's liking at 530am. He yelled and swatted her and she freaked and launched off the bed...back claw got me. They are both currently passed out on different pieces of furniture looking like nothing happened (brats!).

I've decided to do a yoga class this morning to work out some of the kinks from being in the car for 6.5 hours yesterday. I'll deal with mystery smell later.

Alix said:
I have a lovely scratch on my wrist that looks I was trying to injure myself. Girl cat was being a bit too rambunctious for boy kitty's liking at 530am. He yelled and swatted her and she freaked and launched off the bed...back claw got me. They are both currently passed out on different pieces of furniture looking like nothing happened (brats!).

I've decided to do a yoga class this morning to work out some of the kinks from being in the car for 6.5 hours yesterday. I'll deal with mystery smell later.

Aww getting caught in the crossfire is no fun. And of course they forgot about it ten seconds later lol.

Hahahahahaha!!! Very true! Or tossed out of bed HARD. Mine are über cute but also über annoying. Good thing they snuggle so nice.

Good morning everyone :)

It is a lovely sunny morning here, bit chilly, but looking good out there ;)

This afternoon we are going to be having a few drinks out in the garden and relaxing, looking forward to it :)

I am sitting here waiting for a phone call from my son-in-law.

Last Saturday they were all packed to go to NH. They have a childhood friend that tore down the chalet he owned and built a beautiful new summer cottage. My daughter and her husband were to go up to NH to see it and spend the weekend. The car was all packed and just as she was about to get in the car, she got a blinding, searing pain in her head. She collasped to the ground. No trip. Once the pain subsided, she was fine and there was no reoccurrence. Her kids nagged her and nagged her to call her doctor. They wouldn't let up. She wasn't going to do anything about it. She went for a cat scan this morning. She was home from the cat scan for about an hour and the phone rang.

It was her doctor. She wanted her to pack a bag and be prepared to spend at least a week in the hospital. They would be waiting for her as soon as she arrived including the MRI staff. They found a large mass at the front of her brain. She is only 56 years old. She has two children. One in his 30's and her youngest who is 20. She is supposed to start nursing school next week.

She went through Stage 4 of advanced cancer with her husband. It was touch and go as to whether he would make it or not. They have been looking forward to her retirement in less than five years. With this, she may have to take early retirement.

So I sit here and wait. I guess I have to stick around a bit longer. Even it is just to make sure she is all right. I just can't lose another child. It is too hard. :angel:

Last edited:
Oh, Addie. So sorry. Hope things work out well. {{{{{Addie}}}}}

One of my friends had a seizure, no warning, and they found a tumor in her brain. After surgery, she's back to her old self, and back on the job. Thoughts and prayers for you and your daughter.

Last edited:
I'm sitting here laughing my butt off. My little fly hunter is at it again! She just chased a fly all over the house and finally caught it after much window slamming, and thunderous chasing. She very daintily brings it to me and drops it at my feet, then whacks it when it starts to move. Silly kitty!

Edit: Addie, praying for good news for you.

Back
Top Bottom