"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-01-2016, 09:22 PM   #24871
Executive Chef

Had to perform Nose count, Inventory, Line up for inspection-- call it what you will. Youngest didn't show up for dinner, which is unusual because she is right there tripping me up come dinnertime. I put away and carried Christmas stuff to upstairs closet today. Sure enough. I found her asleep in the closet. Poor girl. She's usually pretty vocal, but I had the stereo on most of the day. Her bonus is she is scared of the vacuum cleaner and I did a thorough job with the Kirby before re-arranging furniture.

Sorry, I only watched half the Rose Bowl. It was too sad.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:32 PM   #24872
Master Chef

Your youngest Whiska?? Ummm, cat, dog, daughter?

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:01 PM   #24873
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Your youngest Whiska?? Ummm, cat, dog, daughter?
That's what I was wondering too. I figure cat, 'cause Whiska often refers to his cats as the little girls and "scared of vacuum cleaner".
Old 01-01-2016, 10:09 PM   #24874
Executive Chef

She is a 4 y/o tabby cat And my daughter. As is her 15 y/o sister. Both rescues. They are not adopted but members of my house-family.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:58 PM   #24875
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle View Post
She is a 4 y/o tabby cat And my daughter. As is her 15 y/o sister. Both rescues. They are not adopted but members of my house-family.
Absolutely! Spike's dog Teddy is his "baby". I am grandma, Pirate is uncle.

Last night when the fireworks started in Boston Harbor, Teddy jumped up of Spike's bed and went right under the blankets to the bottom of the bed. Sometimes when there is continuous loud noises, he wants to be held real close until it ends. Anyone of us are only to happy to do it. But I do think that this dog has brought us right to the edge of insanity. We are now spelling in front of him. Words like "beach" "bus" "blanket" "scratchies" and more. If he hears the word, he goes crazy. Those are things he loves.

Oh yes. Our fur covered friends are definitely members of the family and we should treat them as such.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:16 PM   #24876
Assistant Cook

My oldest son showed up unexpectedly today, with his lady and their two children. He evidently expected his dad to drop everything and assist with an oil change for his car. Considering the amount of trouble hubby has had with his apnea mask lately, I'm not surprised he left my son disappointed and in search of an old high school buddy for help instead. After that, I had half a dozen boys, in their early 20's, hanging out in the driveway with their toddlers - too funny. It was good to see them all; its been years. Good for a new year's day. :D
Old 01-01-2016, 11:31 PM   #24877
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Sweet story, MichelleMarie! Do you mind if we nickname you MM, or whatever else you might prefer?

I need a grin eraser. Just a beautiful day in the 'hood!
Old 01-01-2016, 11:31 PM   #24878
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Gosh are we the only ones who watched the Rose Parade today? I've always loved watching it here at 8 AM live. Spending my whole life in this area, I've never been there in person, but one year we went down to see the beautiful floats parked where we could inspect them for days after the parade.

We've had a lazy day today with me watching old movies by dead people. Love really old movies on Turner Movie Classics. Today it was 1937 "Stage Door".
Nope, I mentioned a few posts up that I was watching it this morning, too. Never miss it. It will be so strange not seeing Bob and Stephanie hosting the Rose Parade next year, after ALL these years!
Old 01-01-2016, 11:43 PM   #24879
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleMarie View Post
My oldest son showed up unexpectedly today, with his lady and their two children. He evidently expected his dad to drop everything and assist with an oil change for his car. Considering the amount of trouble hubby has had with his apnea mask lately, I'm not surprised he left my son disappointed and in search of an old high school buddy for help instead. After that, I had half a dozen boys, in their early 20's, hanging out in the driveway with their toddlers - too funny. It was good to see them all; its been years. Good for a new year's day. :D
A visit like that always brings back memories of when they were just kids hanging out. It is always a good feeling to have the young people hanging around.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:45 PM   #24880
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Sweet story, MichelleMarie! Do you mind if we nickname you MM, or whatever else you might prefer?

I need a grin eraser. Just a beautiful day in the 'hood!
Most call me Michelle so, if there won't be any confusion, I won't get confused - too quickly - but MM is fine too