"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-01-2016, 11:48 PM   #24881
Assistant Cook

Addie, yes, very nice feeling

Old 01-02-2016, 12:56 AM   #24882
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Nope, I mentioned a few posts up that I was watching it this morning, too. Never miss it. It will be so strange not seeing Bob and Stephanie hosting the Rose Parade next year, after ALL these years!
I'm glad you saw it too Cheryl. I'll miss Bob and Stephanie also after 30 yrs of L.A. hosting the parade. Stephanie Edwards is still as gorgeous as she was then, and has aged so beautifully. It's hard to believe she's my age.

Glad we cleared that up Whiska. One of my sons was scared of the vacuum so I wasn't quite sure.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 01:38 AM   #24883
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Gosh are we the only ones who watched the Rose Parade today?...
I'm guessing there were others watching. We, however, weren't among them. Never have been much of parade people, but we do watch most of the bowl games. Or used to. Now it seems like anyone who wants to put up the money can have a bowl game just for the naming rights. I think there will be a total of something like 41 bows this year. Hmm, maybe someday we'll have a "Cooking Goddess and Himself Dandelion Bowl"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle View Post
...Sorry, I only watched half the Rose Bowl. It was too sad.
It was sad. What was up with the Big Ten Thursday and Friday? Sparty got completely rolled by the tide. Northwestern managed two FG - at least your dear Huskies did better. Happily, our Buckeyes and TTUN both brought it today. Hate to give props to Meesheegan, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleMarie View Post
...I had half a dozen boys, in their early 20's, hanging out in the driveway with their toddlers - too funny. It was good to see them all; its been years...
I miss that kind of activity at our house. Our kids went to two different high schools in spite of the fact that they are twins, so they each had their own gaggle of friends. There were days Himself felt like he needed to put in a revolving door at our house, but I would go back to that activity in a heartbeat. I wish we never had to move. I'm hoping that whenif we eventually get back to OH we can still have them and their friends use our home for a touchstone spot. It's the youth that keep us young, right?

I've been sitting in the kitchen reading while Himself and Loverly have been watching TV all night. First it was "How to Train Your Dragon" and now it's "Maleficent". Both of them have been too loud, but I'll let it slide. Until I'm ready to head to bed, that is. I know we're staying at Loverly's, but I think she'll understand if I tell her I need my beauty sleep.
Old 01-02-2016, 01:12 PM   #24884
Chef Extraordinaire

DH just returned with the new couch we bought yesterday, gotta go help him unload it! Yay! It's microfiber that looks like leather and has recliners on the two ends. And we get to rearrange the furniture back the way I liked it! Can't wait. Will show more pix later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-01-01 10.52.40.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	24100  
Old 01-02-2016, 01:19 PM   #24885
Master Chef

Oh that looks soooo comfy!!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 01:22 PM   #24886
Certified Pretend Chef

Are the recliners electric??
Old 01-02-2016, 01:44 PM   #24887
Master Chef

THAT'S microfiber, GG? Wow, what a fooler. Looks nice and comfy. Happy relaxing.
Old 01-02-2016, 02:39 PM   #24888
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
THAT'S microfiber, GG? Wow, what a fooler. Looks nice and comfy. Happy relaxing.
What CG said wrote.
Old 01-02-2016, 03:03 PM   #24889
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Still having to "educate" myself about taking it easy on my heel. I haven't been walking very long and forget that I am not supposed to go full bore yet.

In view of that, I'm sitting on the sofa going through and enjoying, again, our Christmas cards. Some of them are so beautiful. I save them from year to year and am not surprised that we get fewer and fewer every year. I hope folks don't stop sending them altogether. They are one of my Christmas pleasures.
Old 01-02-2016, 04:03 PM   #24890
Chef Extraordinaire

Oh, man, it's wonderful. So comfy and relaxing. And the flow through the room is much better. Love it.

No, not electric. This one was actually on clearance and the electric ones cost about three times as much.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1451768615846.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	24102