"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-07-2016, 04:11 AM   #24941
Certified Cake Maniac

I am trying to go to sleep; however, if I go to bed I start to cough uncontrollably and if I try to sleep in my recliner chair my back and leg are not comfortable. So, I am playing around on the computer trying to get myself really tired so it doesn't matter where I sleep!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:32 PM   #24942
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Feel better soon, LP!

I had to use some creativity and puzzle-solving skills as DH picked up the massive frozen turkey that his work gives him every year, and that the grocery store so nicely held for us until we got back from our trip. Several bags of frozen veggies along with containers of frozen turkey stock were relocated from the already packed deep freeze in order to accommodate the massive bird, and I foresee vegetable soup with turkey stock in our near future.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:45 PM   #24943
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Feel better soon, LP!

I had to use some creativity and puzzle-solving skills as DH picked up the massive frozen turkey that his work gives him every year, and that the grocery store so nicely held for us until we got back from our trip. Several bags of frozen veggies along with containers of frozen turkey stock were relocated from the already packed deep freeze in order to accommodate the massive bird, and I foresee vegetable soup with turkey stock in our near future.
I know what you mean Dawg, I play Freezer Tetris all the time.

How nice that DH's work gives him a nice turkey every year, and the store held it for you while you were on vacation!
Old 01-07-2016, 10:49 PM   #24944
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
I know what you mean, Dawg, I play Freezer Tetris all the time.

How nice that DH's work gives him a nice turkey every year, and the store held it for you while you were on vacation!

Freezer Tetris Thanks Cheryl! We really need to get a bigger freezer, but then again, I'd just fill it up, and still wouldn't be able to find anything!

CG and Himself, glad you made it home safe and sound!
Old 01-07-2016, 11:03 PM   #24945
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Freezer Tetris is a great description.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:09 PM   #24946
Master Chef

Love your "Freezer Tetris" comment, taxy!

I've spent part of the day wondering how I could have ended up with all my laundry baskets overflowing with dirty clothes. I did laundry while we were at our daughter's. I can only assume that the pair of jeans, shirt, and underwear that Himself left in his hamper divided and multiplied while we were gone. Kind of like amoeba.

Meanwhile, I'm once again being serenaded by owls outside. Instead of hiding in our backyard woods, it sounds like they moved to the acreage downhill from us. Loud again! I think they might be using bullhorns. I don't care, I really like listening to them "hoo-hoo-hoo".
Old 01-07-2016, 11:14 PM   #24947
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

We hoot to our owls here, CG, and they answer back! They think we have a strange accent though.

I hear ya about the laundry. I got most of it done today. DH and I discuss how we plan to cut back on clothes after every trip, but it hasn't helped yet.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:22 PM   #24948
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Freezer Tetris was actually Cheryl's great expression.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:45 PM   #24949
Master Chef

Oops, you're right, taxy. Danged all-day headache is making me more fuzzy-brained than usual. *sigh* ~~~ Hey Cheryl, I love your Freezer Tetris line!

I swear, Dawg, one of these nights I'll be hooting to the owls and one of them will fly up and land on the sun room window right in front of my face! ~ At least with your laundry, you were in a tropical area. Shorts, T-shirts, and swimwear don't take up that much space. During the summer I can easily wash 18 T-shirts at once. During the winter I'm lucky to stuff just half as many sweatshirts. Oh, well, three loads down, three to go. And then I'll probably have to start all over again! There IS a nudist camp not too far from us, but for the sake of the other members we will not be joining.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:05 AM   #24950
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

I ended up doing 6, count 'em, 6 loads of laundry! This will be fixed for the next trip. My house is now decorated with clean laundry, as neither of us has the energy to put it away. DH still has the sleeping sickness, and other than shambling to the store, was basically worthless and slept most of the day again. Still not much better myself yet, but at least I can remain upright long enough to do laundry.

Hope you get rid of that headache, CG!