"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-09-2016, 11:27 PM   #24981
Master Chef

Thanks, Dawg! It'll be fun. Another plus, it's Police and Firefighter Recognition month so between all of us, we'll save literally hundreds of dollars on admission. It's normally $72 for adult admission, but my sons-in-law and one guest each will get in free, and it's discounted for additional guests (me ) and the kids. More money to spend on goodies that way.

Old 01-10-2016, 12:06 AM   #24982
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Daughters and I (actually daughters) threw together a last minute trip tomorrow to go to Knott's Berry Farm. I just threw a few things in a bag, and set the alarm for 5:30AM to be on the road by 7. The grandsons are going to love Camp Snoopy!

https://www.knotts.com/%20knott-s-summer/camp-snoopy

They also have a fabulous marketplace with all kinds of jams, jellies, salsas, etc. for us big kids. It'll be a long day, but fun.
I remember Knot's Berry Farm from when I was a kid. We probably went every summer. Am I remembering right? Did they have a place that let you pan for gold?

Old 01-10-2016, 01:22 AM   #24983
Master Chef

What great fun you will have Cheryl!! Please tell me you all plan on having theirbest in the whole world fried chicken dinner!!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 10:27 AM   #24984
Chef Extraordinaire

I am trying to get up the energy to go out to the kitchen and start peeling potatoes. Plus there are some never ending glasses and cups in the sink that need attention. I would rather spend the day doing nothing. Maybe I should tell myself it is the Seventh Day and I need to rest. Sounds like a plan to me.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:08 PM   #24985
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I remember Knot's Berry Farm from when I was a kid. We probably went every summer. Am I remembering right? Did they have a place that let you pan for gold?
Taxy, I think they still have the panning for gold there, but we didn't look it up. You wouldn't believe how much it has changed - it was nothing like I remember. We spent the majority of time at Camp Snoopy since we had 4 little guys 6 and under. They had a BLAST and it was so much fun seeing those bright happy little faces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
What great fun you will have Cheryl!! Please tell me you all plan on having theirbest in the whole world fried chicken dinner!!
Kay, my vote was for the fried chicken, but I was outnumbered and that's OK. The grandsons wanted burgers, so we ended up going to Johnny Rockets - which was a good place to go because it was a loud and crazy restaurant anyway, even if my grandsons hadn't have been there. The burgers were just OK for how spendy it was. Just under $20 for a burger, fries, and a soft drink. Typical of theme park meals. The burgers were big and meaty though, so the grands shared a couple of meals which worked out well.

It was a great day. We got to Knott's when they opened at 10, rode a billion rides , looked around the shops, and pulled into my driveway at 10:30 last night. I'm still recuperating. LOL
Old 01-11-2016, 05:26 PM   #24986
Head Chef

Listening to this...

https://youtu.be/Tgcc5V9Hu3g
Old 01-14-2016, 01:26 PM   #24987
Honey Badger

Back online.

My Hard drive took a dive a few days ago. It's a good thing I had suspected it was going and ordered another one. What a shame I forgot to back up things on a Thumb drive. Ah well, it happens. Live and learn.

Getting Windows reinstalled and everything back in shape has been some work. Some things are still not right. Weird even. Why can't I get my tool bar txt size larger to see? It's driving me nuts that I can barely see to read them.

I used my laptop to stop in and visit here, but it's not set up for emails and such.

Thankfully DC made it easy for me to reset my password.
I'm terrible with things like that.

It's good to be back.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:10 PM   #24988
Chef Extraordinaire

Trying to kick my own backside. The bite I got from Teddy is very slow in healing. That is a problem and very normal with diabetics. So I had to go out and put on a pair of knee socks. When I went to take them off, the scab came with it. I should have taken them off as soon as I returned home. Next time I will put a bandage on it. I hate wearing socks.

I should be doing some house cleaning. I have the kitchen cleaned from top to bottom. Even the cabinet doors have been washed down. Next is the bathroom if I can get up some gumption to move. I would rather be taking a nice nap.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:55 PM   #24989
Master Chef

I was going to bake a couple of apple pies - a full-sized one for the new neighbors across the street, and two small ones. We'd eat one of the small ones, and I'd take the other to Himself's sis and BIL up the street. But I've had an attack of the sneezes all day. Guess I'll make one small pie - after all, we're already surrounded by any germs that are in OUR house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
...I would rather be taking a nice nap.
So read your second "signature", then take a nap. It's not like the governor is coming for supper tonight, is he?
Old 01-14-2016, 03:00 PM   #24990
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Just finished making 8 nice-sized suet cakes for our outdoor birdies. Only had one left after I filled the two suet cages on Sunday. However, since it's 60+ degrees today, the birds won't need a refill right away. Up until today it's been very, very cold. We're getting a little break, but tomorrow we're supposed to be back in the deep freeze. I'm ready to take care of my lovely feathered friends.