What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe you need to suspend the tree from the ceiling:LOL: Poor Charlie, can't even climb a tree.

DH, my beautician, just whacked off 4 inches of my hair. It was down to my backside. Nice way to save $.

When I start thinking about scissors and cutting my hair, I know it's time to make an appointment...I've ruined more hair...

I have a couple feet of it. Seems to work out fine. And my neighbor is a beautician if DH really screws up (which he has not yet). See Pork Loin.

Last edited:
I just got a bunch of boxes from Amazon delivered...splitters, and selector switches and HDMI cable. Today I'll be fiddling around getting my kitchen TV hooked up correctly. Right now it just has coax ran to it, which means I don't get a true HD picture. It's good, but not as good as it could be. This also means that instead of just being able to watch what comes through the satellite receiver, I'll be able to watch DVDs and streaming movies in the kitchen, too. Whoo-Hoo.

I just got a bunch of boxes from Amazon delivered...splitters, and selector switches and HDMI cable. Today I'll be fiddling around getting my kitchen TV hooked up correctly. Right now it just has coax ran to it, which means I don't get a true HD picture. It's good, but not as good as it could be. This also means that instead of just being able to watch what comes through the satellite receiver, I'll be able to watch DVDs and streaming movies in the kitchen, too. Whoo-Hoo.
Way to go! You can even set up a wireless keyboard and talk to us on DC while you cook!

I just watched a customized online video of Santa Claus talking directly to my grandson, calling him by name. The video had pictures of him and his most coveted gift from his wish list. Santa and his elves talked directly to Steven and checked him out on the naughty or nice machine. He was nice.

My daughter found this site and made up the video for him. She said he was super excited when he saw it.

I just made a tomato sauce to freeze and use throughout the week. Now I'm watching Apollo 13 before making dinner.

I just watched a customized online video of Santa Claus talking directly to my grandson, calling him by name.
That's awesome, Andy! I can just imagine how thrilled he was. We got my neighbour's Granddaughter a talking storybook last year and I was able to record my voice telling the story. It is still one of her favourite things. But a video is truly special.

I just came back from taking my Dad to get his quarterly blood tests and he always takes me for A&W breakfast after because he has to fast, and then eat soon after because of his diabetes. The Dub that is closest to us is full of inconsistencies and today was no exception. The sausage was super spicy (Dad said so were his eggs), the hash browns took forever and when they came they were greasy and over fried. But it was food and we'll survive.

This afternoon I have to take him to Langley (3/4 hour from here and where DH grew up) for a follow-up appointment for a falls prevention clinic. It is kind of ridiculous because he doesn't fall....because he/we take precautions so he doesn't. But it is free and an outing for him! :)

In between I am doing some more baking - didn't get any done yesterday.

I just came back from taking my Dad to get his quarterly blood tests and he always takes me for A&W breakfast after because he has to fast, and then eat soon after because of his diabetes. The Dub that is closest to us is full of inconsistencies and today was no exception. The sausage was super spicy (Dad said so were his eggs), the hash browns took forever and when they came they were greasy and over fried. But it was food and we'll survive.

This afternoon I have to take him to Langley (3/4 hour from here and where DH grew up) for a follow-up appointment for a falls prevention clinic. It is kind of ridiculous because he doesn't fall....because he/we take precautions so he doesn't. But it is free and an outing for him! :)

LPB, you're a sweetie for helping your Dad so much! I'm sure he must appriciate it greatly!:clap::clap::clap:

I love how you take care of your dad. When my mother passed I was able to help my dad. When he had his one leg taken off below the knee and half of his remaining foot it was tough for a while but he never complained. When they put on an artificial limb he just took off like it was his own. He was able to live at his own home and even drive his car. He passed in 1995, I miss him so much.

Maybe you need to suspend the tree from the ceiling:LOL: Poor Charlie, can't even climb a tree.

so far the rocks in cannister are working. so will put back the ornaments he knocked off. then need to check craft closet for other decorations. gotta work on scarf for gd. still haven't folded the towels. oh well, as Scarlet said "tomorrow is another day":cool:

so far the rocks in cannister are working. so will put back the ornaments he knocked off. then need to check craft closet for other decorations. gotta work on scarf for gd. still haven't folded the towels. oh well, as Scarlet said "tomorrow is another day":cool:

Yea!!!!

Took my youngest to the vet today for his rabies shot.
Just switched my auto insurance. First I called Progressive. About 80 bucks higher/6 month period. I didn't think Geico would be any different, but I called them anyway. Over 100 bucks LESS for a 6 month period! Whoo-Hoo! I'm two-steppin' with the lizard!

Reviewed my battle plan, ummm outline, for our family Christmas dinner/festivities and decided to get the jump on baking. Our dessert(s) for Christmas dinner will be in the form of sweetshop treats. I have a list of about a dozen things I plan to make.

Before I tackled any of that I made two loaves of white bread since we were out.

In the end, I made 5 1/2 dozen Nieman-Marcus cookies, and have the dough chilling for a batch each of cut-out cookies and pecan tassies.

I'm ready to put my feet up and have some bourbon.:rolleyes:

Took my youngest to the vet today for his rabies shot.
Just switched my auto insurance. First I called Progressive. About 80 bucks higher/6 month period. I didn't think Geico would be any different, but I called them anyway. Over 100 bucks LESS for a 6 month period! Whoo-Hoo! I'm two-steppin' with the lizard!

I have had good luck with them so far.

They answer the phone when you call and they have not raised my rates in the 4 years I have had them.

Thanks for sharing your positive experience with them, AB.
And they were so easy to talk to. Progressive transferred me 3-4 times... and I already had a policy with them even. I hate when they ask for all that information and can't even get me to the right people. I'm going to call Geico back tomorrow when I have more time and check out their motorcycle rates.

Sitting here looking at my Christmas list. Happy to say its coming along. The hard thing is trying to figure out what to get my grandson in Paris. Hopefully my DL will come up with an idea pretty soon. I have 20 to buy for, how about you?

Back
Top Bottom