"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-20-2016, 07:01 PM   #24991
Chef Extraordinaire

Resting while the Instant Pot finishes cooking dinner. I really like this gadget. I prep everything and put the pot on my kitchen peninsula. Then I sit on my kitchen stool and brown, sauté and reduce while watching TV. With the neuropathy in my feet, it's much easier than standing at the stove!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1453334486525.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	24189  

Old 01-20-2016, 07:38 PM   #24992
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Resting while the Instant Pot finishes cooking dinner. I really like this gadget. I prep everything and put the pot on my kitchen peninsula. Then I sit on my kitchen stool and brown, sauté and reduce while watching TV. With the neuropathy in my feet, it's much easier than standing at the stove!

You need to cut this out, GG. I do NOT need another kitchen gadget. Looks really cool though!

Old 01-20-2016, 07:54 PM   #24993
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
You need to cut this out, GG. I do NOT need another kitchen gadget. Looks really cool though!
That's what I was thinking. I really want one, but where would I put it? And, I don't need it. I don't need it. I don't need it. ...
Old 01-20-2016, 08:01 PM   #24994
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
What a nice area to cook, prep, rest, and watch TV all at the same time! You even have your books handy, too.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:04 PM   #24995
Master Chef

That's terrific GG, a perfect place for it! I'm glad it's making it easier for you to do what you love doing!
If I had a place like that to put it, my son wouldn't have it now. He has a great place for it like you do.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:50 PM   #24996
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks, ladies! I love my kitchen

I've been working on clearing out old papers and binders in the bookshelf in my home office, so I can move some other binders (containing equipment and appliance manuals) out of the cabinet in the laundry area off the kitchen, so I can make room to store the Instant Pot and meat grinder/sausage stuffer there. I've been holding on to too much crap for too long. Feels good.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:14 PM   #24997
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I was going to bake a couple of apple pies - a full-sized one for the new neighbors across the street, and two small ones. We'd eat one of the small ones, and I'd take the other to Himself's sis and BIL up the street. But I've had an attack of the sneezes all day. Guess I'll make one small pie - after all, we're already surrounded by any germs that are in OUR house!

So read your second "signature", then take a nap. It's not like the governor is coming for supper tonight, is he?
I would let that idiot into my bathroom.

I went shopping today with my daughter. I stocked up on household cleaning goods today. Bought two of everything. Two large pkgs. of toilet paper, paper towels, soap powder, oven cleaner, etc.

Then we went to lunch. At KFC. Not my favorite place to eat. But then I wasn't paying, so no complaints. I ate what I could and finished my soda. I got to thinking it has been more than a year since I had a soda to drink.

Tonight I am still putting the stuff away. Took one of the large bottles of bleach and filled up the small bottle I keep in the bathroom. Have been doing spot cleaning all evening. Wiping of windowsills, cleaning all the counter tops with bleach, etc. I took two Vicodin earlier and this happens every time. I really want to put a new roof on the building and then go out and put new tar down for the parking lot. Oh, it also is a great help for the pain.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:51 PM   #24998
Master Chef

GG, every time you post a photo of your kitchen, it makes me wish my kitchen was as cozy as yours. You have space, nice cabinetry, an island. *sigh*
Old 01-20-2016, 11:30 PM   #24999
Chef Extraordinaire

Would you believe it was DH's idea to renovate it several years ago? We've been in this old house since 1992. It was not always this nice

There's a matching stool on the other side for visitors
Old 01-22-2016, 12:15 PM   #25000
Cook

snuggling with my sweet girl after playing in the snow...so glad to have a snow day :)