"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-05-2016, 09:53 PM   #25071
Master Chef

Sending you a big, warm e-hug through the interwebs, CW. Will keep you all in my prayers.

Old 02-05-2016, 09:56 PM   #25072
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I
Thanks, all. My dad refused hospice care today. Working on care for the Girls, etc. so I can get to MN soon. It has been a rough month. I just want to be in MN. I just want to be there, not here. The prognosis isn't good.
I hope you can get your Dad to reconsider. Maybe when you get there. Best wishes for your challenges ahead. It's never easy.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:39 PM   #25073
Master Chef

Sending thoughts and prayers to you and you Dad, CWS. I also hope that he reconsiders hospice. When it came time for my mom to be in home hospice care almost 5 years ago, the social workers at the hospital were SO much help walking us through the services and care they offer.

Thinking of you.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:34 AM   #25074
Chef Extraordinaire

I have been acused of living too far away, trying to micro manage things, yelled at over the phone, hung uo on, having access to medixal information blocked, woken up in the middle of the night, etc., etc. Thank goodness I am on good drugs. I have been able to keep the peace. This came on the heels of my Dad undergoing 3 months of cancer treatment and being bacj home for three weeks. Preparing for tough times ahead.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:44 AM   #25075
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
Today I have applied for voluntary work on a project that I am very interested in. It is called FoodCycle and uses surplus food (from supermarkets) to cook healthy 3 course meals for vulnerable people, e.g. the homeless and those on low incomes.
That's way cool. A,local food bank collects slow cookers, etc. and holds classes for those using the food bank on how to make nutritional meals. If I didn't have so many things on my plate, i'd volunteer. This place also helps srs with meal prep.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:48 AM   #25076
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
I have been acused of living too far away, trying to micro manage things, yelled at over the phone, hung uo on, having access to medixal information blocked, woken up in the middle of the night, etc., etc. Thank goodness I am on good drugs. I have been able to keep the peace. This came on the heels of my Dad undergoing 3 months of cancer treatment and being bacj home for three weeks. Preparing for tough times ahead.

Gah! OMG, CWS. Hang in there, Sweetie! {{{hugs}}}
Old 02-06-2016, 01:26 AM   #25077
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Gah! OMG, CWS. Hang in there, Sweetie! {{{hugs}}}
Exactly

(((Hugs)))
Old 02-06-2016, 02:30 AM   #25078
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I didn't know that was possible.
Try keeping one out of a dollhouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
This is not turning out to be one of the best days of my life. First I get the news that the apartment inspection scheduled for today has been cancelled. The head of maintenance didn't show up. Then my son Pirate tells me that he lost my phone. He borrowed it because he ran out of minutes on his and he was going to go down to the square to get more minutes and a better phone. So now I have to buy a new phone. The urge to kill is so strong some days.

I am not the only one who breaks their back getting the apartment ready for the inspection. So now I have no idea when it will be rescheduled.

I have a Lifeline that Winthrop provides for me. But I have found when I test it monthly, they are slow to answer. So I use the 911 on my phone instead. I get instant service. Here's hoping I calm down and don't have any incident before I get my phone replacement.
I lost my phone about a month ago. I think it's under the passenger side car seat but because I can't get that door open, I haven't been able to really look for it.

It was a Trac phone and I was just looking at some of those for a replacement. They can be really cheap. My old one was just a flip phone and was 8 years old and worked like a charm. I have Skype on my computer and although I can't get calls in, most of the time I can call anywhere in the country and it's pretty cheap - only $2.99 a month. Then I would put minutes on my Trac phone (or as they spell it - Tracfone) so I could receive calls in and make calls to those numbers that don't always take a Skype call. It was a pretty good system, especially since my computer is on all day.

I think I'm going to have to go to an auto body shop and see if they can pry my door open so I can make a really good check of the car before I buy a new phone. The one I'm currently looking at is only $20, but I would have to buy another phone card to activate it and I don't want to spend any money unless I absolutely have to.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:33 AM   #25079
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Hugs from Wyoming, too!
Old 02-06-2016, 05:11 AM   #25080
Chef Extraordinaire

When my mother had cancer CWS, I had four small kids as well as did my sister. So I understand how difficult it is when you have other responsibilities. You just can't drop every thing and take off it you want to. I am sure the girls will understand why you had to make the trip.

Stay safe in your travels and remember there are prayers always here being said. When you return, I hope you will have good news to give all of us.