What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is that movie about SB, I have not heard of that one?
It was a cute family movie from disney. It was about a couple who desperately wanted a child & could not. During a rain storm the couple put all of their hopes & dreams for a child into a small wooden box & buried it in the garden. Later that evening a boy appeared, full of mud. It went through their lives as a family. A good wholesome movie.

Addie, healing thoughts and prayers going out for your daughter and for you. How hard that must be for all of you. ((hugs))

Simonbaker...I saw the previews for 'The Odd Life of Timothy Green' last year when I was at the movie theatre. I've been waiting for that movie since then! I can't wait to see it - it looks like a good one. :) Looking forward to seeing what you think about it.

It was a cute family movie from disney. It was about a couple who desperately wanted a child & could not. During a rain storm the couple put all of their hopes & dreams for a child into a small wooden box & buried it in the garden. Later that evening a boy appeared, full of mud. It went through their lives as a family. A good wholesome movie.

Thanks SB, I do like the sound of that film, glad you enjoyed it :)

I've just (almost, lol) finished packing for a week's visit down at my daughter's near the coast. I'm leaving about 7AM tomorrow and really should get to bed. :) So looking forward to it - a week with the grandbabies, shopping, fine restaurants, the beach, grandbabies, (did I mention grandbabies? haha) more shopping, and sushi! :yum:

They just bought a new home and I haven't seen it yet, and daughter is expecting baby #3...it's going to be a great week! :wub:

Cheryl, it sounds like a fun time away :)

It will be great to spend some time with your daughter and the grandbabies...also lots of shopping and fine dining sounds nice :)

Oh and seeing their new home, it all sounds fabulous...have a great time and look forward to hearing all about it when you get back :)

Thank you, Kylie. Don't have much time to play on the computer this morning, have to get everything in the car and hit the road! My other daughter Victoria and her hubby are driving me down there, so I don't have to drive - yay!

Have a wonderful week, everyone! :)

It is beautiful out today. It is 71F and breezy. I opened the windows and turned off the A/C. We will probably go for a ride to the farm market to buy some fresh produce and look around. They also have a petting zoo.

I REALLY need to get off the computer and go enjoy the Fall-like weather here in KS. Lotsa yard work to catch up that was neglected from the sweltering temps. Good news, peach, pears, and apples are in abundance after several lackluster years, so some canning or dehydrating is maybe on the agenda =)

It is beautiful out today. It is 71F and breezy. I opened the windows and turned off the A/C. We will probably go for a ride to the farm market to buy some fresh produce and look around. They also have a petting zoo.
I have been enjoying the open windows too! It's been getting down in the 50's here in KS at night, and mid 80's during the day. A nice little break on the electric bill! :)

I just got ready to go. We all had some banana bread with bacon & coffee. Now we are off to mass then some shopping for school lunches at wal mart.

I REALLY need to get off the computer and go enjoy the Fall-like weather here in KS. Lotsa yard work to catch up that was neglected from the sweltering temps. Good news, peach, pears, and apples are in abundance after several lackluster years, so some canning or dehydrating is maybe on the agenda =)

Shannon! Long time no see girl! Fall like weather? Holy crap, that's early isn't it? Its still summer here.

We're getting ready to go out and watch the bronze medal game in the Women's World Cup of baseball. Unfortunately I have to go to work and won't get to see the gold medal game. :(

Sitting and relaxing while I wait for the cake I just baked to cool before I can frost it.

Meanwhile, I'm basking in the awesome day Glenn and I had yesterday.

The day was more than pleasant weatherwise, for a change, so Glenn suggested that we take Old Blue (our Harley motorcycle) out for a ride and...ride to a town near where I used to live. Nothing there in the little town, except the best place in the world for fried catfish and/or ham hocks and beans. No ham hocks and beans on Saturday. They're only served on Wednesday. I didn't care. I wanted fish!

Well, I didn't have to be asked twice, especially since he planted the seed last week of a catfish meal at Luke's.

I was a little hesitant to attempt this excursion in view of the fact that I have a cast on my right hand/arm, but I gave it my best shot and had no difficulty at all.

We rode through the countryside on some roads we hadn't been on in a while and got an up-close view of the terrible drought conditions. It broke my heart to see the state of the corn, tobacco and soybean fields. Some of the farmers had already begun to turn their non-producing corn stalks into silage instead of selling it for the corn.

We arrived at the restaurant and feasted on the most perfectly fried catfish, tender hush puppies, white beans, slaw, french fries, and sweet tea. The meal was perfect, as usual, and there was NO room for a slice of any of their mile-high homemade pie for dessert. Some day we WILL have dessert. Hmmm...perhaps that's all we'll have. Pie.

We left the restaurant and spent the next several hours winding here and there and had a wonderful time.

We arrived home a little after 4 p.m., which gave us a nice leisurely 4+ hour outing.

The fresh air was great, we soaked up a little sun, enjoyed all manner of scenery (new and renewed), and had a fantastic meal.

I'm still enjoying yesterday...today.

Just got home from a lovely day out with friends. We drove to the Eastern Townships and had a really lovely lunch. Then off to the winery for a tour and wine tasting. The Groupon deal came with five bottles of wine and one bottle of ice wine per couple. The wine is quite nice and interesting and it is the best ice wine we have tasted. It is sweet, but not too sweet. Then we drove back to their place and went for pizza at cute little place called Pizzédelic and had really good, individual pizzas from the wood burning oven. The weather was perfect - warm, but not too warm. I am now officially pooped out.

Thank you, Kylie. Don't have much time to play on the computer this morning, have to get everything in the car and hit the road! My other daughter Victoria and her hubby are driving me down there, so I don't have to drive - yay!

Have a wonderful week, everyone! :)

Have a great time Cheryl and see you when you get back :)

Back
Top Bottom