"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 03-12-2016, 07:16 PM   #25251
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Some appliances reset via a signal from a satellite, some don't. I guess you'll find out which kind of clock device is in your new coffee pot come tomorrow morning. Himself bought his automatic clock back when the spring-ahead date was the first Sunday in April. Even if he sets it manually, it will spring ahead an hour on the first Sunday of April. For the next three weeks I'll add an hour to the display time when I see it - right after I realize it did NOT take me an hour to go from one room to another.

Don't have to do that. There are images online that I can print from. I was looking for other, possibly easier suggestions. I like an idea I saw for a line of random-length strings of bird feathers. Sounds like a pretty way to distract me and scare the birds.
Yeah right after I posted that I went to Wiki and found a whole bunch of them under "Crow". But then Spike showed up to do some work for me on my computer. Plus it was his regular nighttime visit. So by the time he left, I had to log in and check emails from two sights, etc. Forgot all about Wiki.

Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:25 PM   #25252
Assistant Cook
I'm sitting in my living room watching diners, drive-ins and dives.

lynnkath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:59 PM   #25253
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
... And I know there is no GPS in them. I was sound asleep at 2 a.m. I need to get help pronto! Or someone is playing games with me.

I have a question. My coffee maker is brand spanking new. Do they put GPS in the clocks on them now? Just wondering.
GPS stands for Global Positioning System. The technology uses satellites to provide mapping and location information. It has nothing to do with the time.
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 11:53 PM   #25254
Assistant Cook
That sound really familiar to how we do the whole knocking down the bee/wasp hive.

Also I have spent a lot of time waiting on my kids to be done hanging out with their friends, kinda like you had to do with.

Their is always so many options you can do while waiting.

Hope you enjoyed your soup!
Happy Cooking!
sharmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 03:32 AM   #25255
Ogress Supreme
Site Administrator
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
He says he's ok. But I still worry. He's my best Bud.
Sometimes I just sit and hold Shrek's hand, checking his pulse and watching him breathe...he's my Best Bud, too.

More positive vibes on the way. Hugs!
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 01:00 PM   #25256
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
I'm getting myself psyched to got shopping. I have one more RX to pick up so I'll have myself a little shopping spree too.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 11:41 AM   #25257
Master Chef
Sitting here waiting for the phone to ring.

Our sweet Cheyenne (2yr. old g.daughter) is having her second operation this morning to try and straighten her crossed eyes. I pray this one works for her. The first surgery was successful, but her eyes have drifted some, once more.
Wish the phone would ring. sigh.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 11:48 AM   #25258
Certified Cake Maniac
Kayelle, I'm sending my thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and recovery for Cheyenne. And hugs for grandma too!
"Variety is not just the spice of life, it is the key to life" - Chef Michael Smith

LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 11:51 AM   #25259
Certified Cake Maniac
I am hoping to go back to sleep after a rough night of leg pain and coughing, then having to get up early to accept my grocery order.

They called me at 7:30 am (I got to sleep around 5) to say my credit card didn't go through. I couldn't understand it until they told me the amount of my bill. Apparently they charged me for a kilo each of the three deli meats instead of 100 grams! That will do it!
"Variety is not just the spice of life, it is the key to life" - Chef Michael Smith

LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:43 PM   #25260
Assistant Cook
A day of helping at our friends' market garden followed by feeding the pigs. Then home to make our own dinner - leek pie to use up some of our excess leeks!

We're not here for a long time. We're here for a good time
Capt Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote

« Going MIA | - »