"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #2521
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mostly in my head
Posts: 2,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful
Wow my big brother is so attentive.
Huh?
__________________

__________________
Just because something has a duck bill doesn't mean it's a platypus. It might just be a duck.
Roger Miller: You can't roller skate in a buffalo heard, but you can be happy if you've a mind to.
purple.alien.giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #2522
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M.
Just finished off my taxes and filed electronically.

Boy do I HATE!!! doing taxes.
I did ours this past weekend. For some reason, the program I used wouldn't let me file electronically, even though that's what I've done before. It kept wiping out my info and I had to keep reentering. It took hours. I was apoplectic! Finally just printed the form, went with the mail in a check option, and sent off a scathing email to TaxAct. Will use a different program next year!
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #2523
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Just finished watching the Red Sox win their first of the season.

Looking forward to the Boston Bruins REPEATING as Stanley Cup Champions.
Happy about the Red Sox win.

Laughing about the thought of the Bruins winning another cup.

You know, Andy there are a few journalists in Eastern Canada who are predicting the Bruins don't make it out of the first round.....and Eastern Canada HATES the Canucks so you know it isn't about that!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #2524
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
Wondering why I always volunteer to do things at work...
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #2525
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Wondering why I always volunteer to do things at work...
Because you are one of the sweetest people on the planet!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #2526
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,284
Wishing I hadn't started prepping the kitchen walls, ceiling and cabinets for a complete overhaul.

I'm tired, started this job over a week ago and I'm still not done.
Thinking WE don't need no stinkin' paint. Who cares what the cabinets look like. Ah well at least I'm getting rid of appliances and such that I don't need packed up ready to donate.
__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #2527
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Because you are one of the sweetest people on the planet!
Thank you, LP!

I need to see if it's going to count against my regular hours...see if I can get back up to 40 by doing this job. It's what I get for knowing how to order supplies...now I get to teach everyone, after I fix and organize their supply rooms.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #2528
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Wishing I hadn't started prepping the kitchen walls, ceiling and cabinets for a complete overhaul.

I'm tired, started this job over a week ago and I'm still not done.
Thinking WE don't need no stinkin' paint. Who cares what the cabinets look like. Ah well at least I'm getting rid of appliances and such that I don't need packed up ready to donate.
I know how that is...I want to thin somethings, but just don't have the energy. I've got several things started, like closets, but none of them finished.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #2529
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Happy about the Red Sox win.

Laughing about the thought of the Bruins winning another cup.

You know, Andy there are a few journalists in Eastern Canada who are predicting the Bruins don't make it out of the first round.....and Eastern Canada HATES the Canucks so you know it isn't about that!

You should be crying about the thought that the Bruins will win another cup. Although, they probably won't see the Canucks on the way...
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #2530
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

Thank you, LP!

I need to see if it's going to count against my regular hours...see if I can get back up to 40 by doing this job. It's what I get for knowing how to order supplies...now I get to teach everyone, after I fix and organize their supply rooms.
Sigh. No good deed goes unpunished. Hope you get the hours, PF!
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.