What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hang in there Addie. Sending some positive thoughts for you and your family.

Thank you Andy. Winthrop is going to send me one tranquilizer. Enough to get me calmed down and under control. I hate taking them. But I really need one this time. And the building Aide is going to be checking in on me during the day. I am concerned that my BP will be too high for my surgery tomorrow. And then there is the stress on my heart. So I need to have someone check in on me and to get myself calmed down.

This event in my life is almost as bad as when my youngest daughter died. I think I handled that better than I am doing with this. But then I was in shock. And a lot younger. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness. It means a lot to know that there are people who care.

Addie, I am glad you are getting a sedative, and even more glad that you will have someone checking in on you. I wish we could all be there to love and protect you, but then your house would be pretty full ;).

This is your first born, your daughter and your own health isn't the greatest. You are doing great under those circumstances. Just know that your daughter is being lifted up by thoughts and prayers from all over the world, as are you.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Addie and her daughter}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Addie, I am glad you are getting a sedative, and even more glad that you will have someone checking in on you. I wish we could all be there to love and protect you, but then your house would be pretty full ;).

This is your first born, your daughter and your own health isn't the greatest. You are doing great under those circumstances. Just know that your daughter is being lifted up by thoughts and prayers from all over the world, as are you.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Addie and her daughter}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Winthrop sent me three Lorazapams. They sure work. I am feeling much better and I am going to take a nap. When I wake up she may be out of surgery. Thank you for you hugs and caring. Thank you everyone. The pill is working. I am off to sleep.:)

Yup, in Adelaide. It was just a short story on our local news station. All the men had their bowler hats on and their very best black suits. They were sitting on the toilets that they brought with them, with their pants pulled down around their ankles and reading the newspaper. Our newscasters were laughing so hard they had difficulty telling the story. There were about 20 men. No mention of the beach name. :ROFLMAO:

I found it, it was at Henley Beach...so funny

Here is the story

Click Here

They were able to remove most of the tumor. It is cancerous. She can talk and move her legs and arms. Right now she is in the ICU and will be there for at least 24 hours. I will be going in to see her Thursday. My youngest son will go in tomorrow to talk to her doctors.

I am still groggy from the pill. That dang thing is so tiny, But it sure is powerful. Did you know that teeny pill has caused my keyboard to put extra rows in. I keep having to find the right key to hit. I almost didn't see it and thought they sent me an empty card and forgot to put the pills in it. They sent me three. I only asked for one. They are 0.05 MG. I take it that is supposed to be a low dose. This is why I never take them. That and sleeping pills. I don't like mind altering drugs. It has been at least five years since I took one of these. And it has been decades since I took a sleeping pill. I'd make a lousy drug addict.

I need to sleep this pill off. My speech is slurry and I need to get into the shower. But I have to wait until this pill wears off. I am seeing double and I won't know which tub to get into. Thank you all for your support and prayers. Now comes the fight of her life to get rid of the cancer that is left. But we have been through this before when her husband had Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. He was an advanced Stage 4 when they found his cancer and gave him one month to live. That was more than six years ago. He is still here and still in remission. :wub::wub:

So glad that they were able to remove the tumor. Sorry to hear it was malignant. I trust they got clear margins.

Sit down and wait for the pill to wear off. Now is NOT the time for you to fall or entertain your neighbours with a midnight ambulance run.

{{{HUGS}}}

PS--as an oncologist once told me, no one knows enough [about cancerous tumors] to be a pessimist. Think positive.

Last edited:
So glad that they were able to remove the tumor. Sorry to hear it was malignant. I trust they got clear margins.

Sit down and wait for the pill to wear off. Now is NOT the time for you to fall or entertain your neighbours with a midnight ambulance run.

{{{HUGS}}}
+1
(((hugs)))

{{{HUGS}}}

PS--as an oncologist once told me, no one knows enough [about cancerous tumors] to be a pessimist. Think positive.

Thank you. They need some entertainment. And I do seem to be the chairwoman of the entertainment committee. One of these days I am going to get on that gurney nekked as a jay bird and let them see it all. That will keep the gossip mill going for a long time. One time I had a small heart attack and went out to the hospital with my audience watching. Came home three days later, got on my scooter, went down to the first floor. My heart started racing really hard. Had to ask the manager to call 911. Went right back into the hospital. I didn't have enough blood and stayed another night while they pumped two pints of blood into me. I just love that gurney. So comfortable to be on. Nap time again.:angel:

Last edited:
Thank you. They need some entertainment. And I do seem to be the chairwoman of the entertainment committee. One of these days I am going to get on that gurney nekked as a jay bird and let them see it all. That will keep the gossip mill going for a long time. One time I had a small heart attack and went out to the hospital with my audience watching. Came home three days later, got on my scooter, went down to the first floor. My heart started racing really hard. Had to ask the manager to call 911. Went right back into the hospital. I didn't have enough blood and stayed another night while they pumped two pints of blood into me. I just love that gurney. So comfortable to be on. Nap time again.:angel:
You go naked as jay bird, you might give one of the male residents a heart attack! Sleep well.

Oh Addie, sounds like a tough day today. I am sorry that you have to go through this. Good that you had the pill and some sleep. Strange that you mentioned Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. My son had that same cancer when he was eight years old. He had chemo-therapy for a year. He will be 26 next month. Good that you are able to go see your daughter on Thursday. Take care of you, and know I care. Still praying for you and yours.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Addie}}}}}}}}}}}}} (BTW, as a pastry chef, I give you a baker's dozen hugs, each one with more love than the one before!)

Your daughter is in good hands and now all you can do is wait to see if they got it all. I am so sorry that it was malignant but thankful they were able to get to it.

Now is your surgery and you need, for the moment, to focus on that. We are all here for you.

As for your sleepiness, consider it a blessing because you will be more relaxed and rested for your day.

:wub:

Addie, so glad things are looking up!! They do amazing things with cancer these days, so hopefully they got enough of it that the rest of the treatment will go smoothly. Best wishes!

Not only do I suffer from Obsessive Chicken Disorder, I also have OCD when it comes to cleaning. For those who don't know how this can stop you from doing things, it does. I could not have people come to my house unless I had cleaned the baseboards with a toothbrush. Thankfully, I was able to find a therapist who taught me that deep-cleaning is not necessary. I still have an OCD problem with the kitchen, but the rest of the house is not "operating suite" sterile.

However, I am steaming the walls, floors, and ceiling at the farm tonight. Why? The MIL wants to move back to Ontario and I think we need to paint. Also, we heat the farmhouse with wood, so there is soot on the walls. The DH tells me to back off re: my OCD--he would just paint over the dirt...I can't. There is soot on the walls and ceiling!

Not only do I suffer from Obsessive Chicken Disorder, I also have OCD when it comes to cleaning. For those who don't know how this can stop you from doing things, it does. I could not have people come to my house unless I had cleaned the baseboards with a toothbrush. Thankfully, I was able to find a therapist who taught me that deep-cleaning is not necessary. I still have an OCD problem with the kitchen, but the rest of the house is not "operating suite" sterile.

However, I am steaming the walls, floors, and ceiling at the farm tonight. Why? The MIL wants to move back to Ontario and I think we need to paint. Also, we heat the farmhouse with wood, so there is soot on the walls. The DH tells me to back off re: my OCD--he would just paint over the dirt...I can't. There is soot on the walls and ceiling!
You saw my place, so you know I'm not OCD about cleaning. :ohmy::LOL: But, I would wash the walls before painting. The paint sticks better and lasts longer.

Not only do I suffer from Obsessive Chicken Disorder, I also have OCD when it comes to cleaning. For those who don't know how this can stop you from doing things, it does.
Clutter makes me agitated. My place has been in a total state of chaos for as long as I can remember for one reason after another. If my surroundings are neat and tidy I can keep it that way, but once one eensy teensy little thing is out of place I get overwhelmed and clutter just happens (well, that's how it feels anyway).

We are trying to get the place in shape since Dad's passing, moving rooms around and decluttering. But my pain doesn't allow me to do much and DH's idea of cleaning up is moving from this pile to that pile.

I need the cleaning fairy to come and waive her magic wand to get rid of everything that doesn't need to be here and organize everything that does...while I am sleeping or out. That way, when I see it all perfect I will hopefully be calm and my OCD will work positively to keep it looking great.

So, CW, if we lived closer I would be helping you with those ceilings and walls and hoping you would help go through a pile or two at my place :angel:

Oh, rats, just read that you are all done. :ermm::ohmy:

Actually I read it before I wrote this but then I couldn't tell my story:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
My theory is that paint or primer sticks to dirt perfectly well. The problem is: how well does that dirt stick to the wall?

Back
Top Bottom