"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-24-2016, 04:34 PM   #25301
Certified Cake Maniac

Munky, I am so sorry to hear that you are getting the runaround from the Cardiologist. I am so used to getting that with my doctors but the heart is serious and I don't like his attitude. But I do agree with Addie that you need to speak up. You are both in my thoughts and prayers. I will keep checking in to see how things are going.

On my end, I fell trying to get out of bed again. My legs just slid on the floor beneath me and I couldn't pull myself up. So TB came to the rescue once again. I am looking into the lifeline program sponsored by our health care system. Dad had one both on his own and when he lived here. It is the button you keep on you in the house and push when you need help. With our neighbours next door gone and Kay isn't here very much lately (she doesn't drive and is 45 minutes away by bus), I may have a challenge trying to mind someone to be my first contact. They are the ones notified when the button is pushed and I give no response. They have to have a key to come in and check on me.

My pride doesn't want to go this route, but I think it is clear that my body does.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:32 PM   #25302
Honey Badger

I didn't speak up at the time because my husband had asked me not to. I was just respecting his wishes. Plain and simple as that.

Old 03-24-2016, 07:58 PM   #25303
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Next time CM speak up. There are such rules as "Patients Rights." You and your hubby have the right to know what tests show. So what if you take up the doctor's time. That too is your right.

I recently had my six month physical. I asked for comparisons on all my tests between this six months and last. And my doctor took the time to answer every one of my questions. I learned something new about my thyroid this time. A problem I have had my whole life and got an answer to because I spoke up.

The next time you are ever in a hospital, you should see signs all over the place regarding 'Patients Rights.' Read them.

If you were to be able to get a look at a doctor's appointment book, you would see that so many minutes are allotted to each patient. If the doctor can shave off a few minutes with each patients, then he can leave early that day.
Of course they allow an allotted amount of time per patient - just like any professional who takes appointments. I highly doubt that the majority of doctors 'shave' minutes off of each patient's appointment just to go home early. I think it's unfair to make such a blanket statement about health care professionals.

I'm pretty sure Munky and the rest of us are aware of the "Patient's Rights and Responsibilities" that are posted in nearly every room of doctors offices and hospitals.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:30 PM   #25304
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Sitting out on my gorgeous meager balcony, in my second favorite room, watching the sun set, over the ocean, listening to the street noises, and DH went off to watch a sports event somewhere. Life cannot get any better.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:47 PM   #25305
Master Chef

Sounds fabulous, Dawg! Looking forward to more pics.

LP...I'm sorry to hear about your fall. Sometimes the things that seem the easiest to do.....aren't that easy. Take care and check back in when you can.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:00 PM   #25306
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Of course they allow an allotted amount of time per patient - just like any professional who takes appointments. I highly doubt that the majority of doctors 'shave' minutes off of each patient's appointment just to go home early. I think it's unfair to make such a blanket statement about health care professionals.

I'm pretty sure Munky and the rest of us are aware of the "Patient's Rights and Responsibilities" that are posted in nearly every room of doctors offices and hospitals.
+1. Even if doctors do finish appointments early, that doesn't mean they go home early. My doctors have called me after 5 pm, and as late as 7 pm, to talk about test results, etc.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:09 PM   #25307
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
I didn't speak up at the time because my husband had asked me not to. I was just respecting his wishes. Plain and simple as that.
I understand wanting to respect his wishes, but imo, it's time to argue with him You're paying for the doctor's time and opinion and you are entitled to both.

I'm thinking hubby might be nervous about hearing details from the doctor. Maybe you could call the doctor and make a phone appointment to get more information and then talk to your husband.

Thinking of you both. Take care.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:30 AM   #25308
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
I can understand that.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:05 AM   #25309
Master Chef

This morning I've been attacking those little "rats nests" or "Command Centers" that develop around my apartment.

I just finished the area around the computer and am amazed at the mini makeover. One down, three to go! Next is the area around my chair. Then the area in the kitchen where I keep the odds and ends. I'm saving the worst for last, the drawer where I keep the papers that seem important when I put them in and worthless when I take them out!

I need to work on eliminating the need to keep things just in case. Why keep the paid bills just in case they lose my check, I'm sure they will send me another!
Old 03-27-2016, 09:34 AM   #25310
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
This morning I've been attacking those little "rats nests" or "Command Centers" that develop around my apartment.

I just finished the area around the computer and am amazed at the mini makeover. One down, three to go! Next is the area around my chair. Then the area in the kitchen where I keep the odds and ends. I'm saving the worst for last, the drawer where I keep the papers that seem important when I put them in and worthless when I take them out!

I need to work on eliminating the need to keep things just in case. Why keep the paid bills just in case they lose my check, I'm sure they will send me another!
If they lose your check, you can get a copy, front and back from your bank, just to show that the bill was paid. Only keep paid bills if they are tax deductible. And then for three years. If you get your refund with no questions asked, toss it.

I have a drawer full of small kitchen gadgets that I thought I must have or I could never cook again. Some are still in the package. My daughter asked me what I wanted for 1.my birthday, 2.Christmas, 3 etc. An Oxo Mandoline. Still in the box five years later. Unused. I use the small hand one all the time. I am very suspicious of any home that does not have a "junk" drawer.