"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-10-2016, 10:20 AM   #25351
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Waking up, playing policewoman, then I plan on finishing cleaning the garage today. It's supposed to rain, so I am not getting to the yard this weekend. If I can, I would like to finish digging up the front flower bed.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:05 PM   #25352
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Feeling stupid and paying for it.

Sunday is when I usually prepare a more elaborate breakfast and today was no exception. So I opened up our nice little Cuisinart Griddler and loaded it up with some very decent bacon. Closed 'er up and set to preparing the rest of the meal.

Went over to flip the bacon and tipped the appliance a little to let the grease flow a little faster into the...drip tray. THAT WASN'T THERE!!

I was on "automatic" and had failed to remember that the tray was in the now clean load of the dishwasher. Can you say "bacon grease all over the kitchen counter?" What a mess.

Definitely jump started my morning.

Took a while, but it's all cleaned up now and I won't do that again!!

As my very, very wise grandpapa used to say, "If you don't use your head, you'll use your feet." In this case not my feet so much as my hands from scrubbing. Lesson learned.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:15 PM   #25353
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Bummer, Katie. All the bacon grease lost, aside from the work of cleaning it up. Hope the rest of your day goes better.

Decision made, shower and walk over to Mom and Dad's, borrow Dad and the pickup for a landfill run. Dad won't let anyone else drive the pickup due to insurance reasons. Even though I am covered in any vehicle I drive.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:39 PM   #25354
Certified Pretend Chef

SO and I made an early run to Lowe's and Ace Hardware to get ready for her gardening season. Now I'm making some corned beef hash with some L/O corned beef from last month. Water's hot for poaching some eggs. I'm starving!
Old 04-10-2016, 02:22 PM   #25355
Chef Extraordinaire

I always thought Sunday was supposed to be a day of rest. Ha! Not for me. Yesterday Pirate made a fantastic Marinara Sauce for my granddaughter and her girlfriend. It was the one dish she requested. So he made a pot of it filled to the brim. He also cooked some pork pieces, meatballs, and other meats. He was standing on his legs most of the day and is paying for it today. The neuropathy has kicked in big time. So guess who gets to clean up the mess.

So far I had the sink empty until I had to put the stove drip pans soaking in ammonia and soapy water. Now I have to clean off the top of the stove and back splash. Then I get to scrub the drip pans. I still have to put away the clean dishes that are dried by now. The cleans pans are also done and put away. The dishes need to be put away before I scrub the drip pans. Or I will be washing them again.

I do take a break every so often. But they seem to come more frequent and last longer than the previous one.
Old 04-10-2016, 03:19 PM   #25356
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I'm procrastinating about doing our taxes. DH continues to nag me about getting them done, but since we don't get a refund, why rush? We have until the18th, and why give the gobmint our money ahead of time?

And more laundry.
Old 04-10-2016, 03:32 PM   #25357
Certified Pretend Chef

I am also procrastinating with taxes. Probably do them tomorrow.
Old 04-10-2016, 03:37 PM   #25358
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I may start gathering the relevant documents tomorrow. Admittedly, I'm much more interested in planning our next vacation.
Old 04-10-2016, 03:58 PM   #25359
Master Chef

I had my taxes done yesterday. Feeling much more relaxed today, now that it's done.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:02 PM   #25360
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
I had my taxes done yesterday. Feeling much more relaxed today, now that it's done.
I'm going to sit at my messy desk and start my tax filing this evening. I'm using Turbo Tax.