"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-10-2016, 04:11 PM   #25361
Head Chef

Thumbs up

I tried out a natural alternative to setting lotion and it worked! It's just 1 tsp. of eggwhite mixed into 4 tbsp. of warm water. Apply!

I have thin, fine hair and didn't use rollers since I wanted a looser, wild kind of look. It gave my hair a lot more body, i.e. acted like a hair gel but without the constraining look of hair gel (with congealed hair strands) - just a fuller looking head of hair!

Old 04-10-2016, 04:33 PM   #25362
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
I'm going to sit at my messy desk and start my tax filing this evening. I'm using Turbo Tax.

I use TaxAct. It's free, and I only have to pay to file state tax. I also like that they save my info year to year, and intuitively know what I need to fill in.

Glad you found an alternative to hair gel, creative!

Old 04-10-2016, 05:26 PM   #25363
Master Chef

Funny how similar our lives are!

I made sauce this morning along with stuffed peppers and I'm waiting for a call from my accountant to discuss the dreaded income tax.

Wishful thinking on the call from the accountant, that will probably come next Sunday, it always seems to be a last minute nail biter and the end result is always about the same.

Another ho-hum day in paradise!
Old 04-10-2016, 05:53 PM   #25364
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I use TaxAct. It's free, and I only have to pay to file state tax. I also like that they save my info year to year, and intuitively know what I need to fill in.
I need to purchase Turbo Tax as I need to file a business return in addition to my personal returns. But yes, using a tax return software makes filing very easy.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:55 PM   #25365
Chef Extraordinaire

Well the most exciting thing I did today was to return a piece of lost mail to the woman across the street. My granddaughter found it on the sidewalk when she was here yesterday. It was a summons to appear in court as a witness. If she decided to go she will need it to get in and also to collect her fee for testifying. I don't know what they pay today, but the last time I had to testify it was the grand sum of $5.00.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:19 PM   #25366
Certified Pretend Chef

It takes me a couple of hours. Start to finish. I love turbo tax.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:32 PM   #25367
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Took another load of laundry out of the dryer, and dumped it on the couch. Guess who is enjoying being smack in the middle of DH's boxers, tennis socks, and tshirts? The same one I just took out for her final foray of the evening.

Not my problem.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:04 AM   #25368
Master Chef

Andy, Himself uses Turbo Tax every year. This year it told him of a new deduction for state taxes. Got us $1000. refund we didn't expect.

I'm trying to settle into our hotel room in PA. We came to attend Himself's cousin's funeral. It's getting to be a regular way for almost the entire family to get together. Not his sis, though. She has a good reason this time - she was dog sitting her grand dogs, and she's sticking around for the grand opening of her daughter's mosaic supply and instruction store. Very exciting! Usually she just doesn't go because she has a terrible fear of dead people and funerals. She'll skip her own, if she can figure out how.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:34 AM   #25369
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I had my taxes done in February...
Old 04-11-2016, 04:45 AM   #25370
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm about to place an online grocery order. Too bad there is only one local place that does that. Too bad I can't see the ingredients on the stuff, so I can only buy stuff that I already know the ingredients.