"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #2531
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I agree. I understand I have to pay taxes. That's not the issue. I just don't like preparing the tax returns.
One of these days North America will do it the same way as in Europe. In Denmark and Germany and probably other European countries, the government sends you a tax form already filled in. You just check that it's alright and add any info that they didn't already have.

Revenu Quebec is working on it. They are doing it for some of the simplest tax returns already.

It seems so silly to have to fill in info from information slips that the government already got electronically.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #2532
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I know how that is...I want to thin somethings, but just don't have the energy. I've got several things started, like closets, but none of them finished.
I know. I really want to start work on this place but don't know where to start and am afraid of not finishing. Well actually in some cases it would be not finishing what wasn't previously finished!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #2533
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I know. I really want to start work on this place but don't know where to start and am afraid of not finishing. Well actually in some cases it would be not finishing what wasn't previously finished!
I'm seriously thinking of hiring an organizer to help me get rid of stuff and organize the stuff I do want/have to keep.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #2534
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I'm seriously thinking of hiring an organizer to help me get rid of stuff and organize the stuff I do want/have to keep.
in pain management class today we had to list changes we wanted to make in our lives and my top one was bringing more structure and organization to my life.

I have a friend who helps organize your space for $15.00 an hour. Only trouble is she is here in Surrey, but I am sure if you threw in room, board and airfare she would come and help you. She really gets brutal though - I have found myself sneaking things out of the "give away" and "throw away" piles - sometimes she finds them other times she doesn't .

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #2535
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Just got done at work. It feels good sitting in the recliner for awhile . I need to figure out what to make for supper. I have some hamburger out, any ideas?
Simple... a hamburger. Take it easy, SB.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:06 PM   #2536
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
in pain management class today we had to list changes we wanted to make in our lives and my top one was bringing more structure and organization to my life.

I have a friend who helps organize your space for $15.00 an hour. Only trouble is she is here in Surrey, but I am sure if you threw in room, board and airfare she would come and help you. She really gets brutal though - I have found myself sneaking things out of the "give away" and "throw away" piles - sometimes she finds them other times she doesn't .
It may be odd, but I have things stashed that I love and Shrek can't tolerate. Things like some quilts and bedspreads that were "too frilly" for him. So yeah, I haven't looked at or used them for some time...but one of these days, when I've become the crazy cat lady and am without my Ogre, I would like to be using these things. I am sure that any organizer that came in would be getting rid of these types of things first.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:10 PM   #2537
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
It may be odd, but I have things stashed that I love and Shrek can't tolerate. Things like some quilts and bedspreads that were "too frilly" for him. So yeah, I haven't looked at or used them for some time...but one of these days, when I've become the crazy cat lady and am without my Ogre, I would like to be using these things. I am sure that any organizer that came in would be getting rid of these types of things first.
I will listen to an organizer, but I'm not agreeing to obey. This is going to be made clear upfront.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:16 PM   #2538
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

What I need is someone to agree with me on what I'm keeping and what I want to get rid of and then convince Shrek...
Old 04-10-2012, 11:30 PM   #2539
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Wait until you're really mad at him and redecorate. it will make you feel good, and independent, and maybe, just maybe, he'll like it, or at least respect you for your taste.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:39 PM   #2540
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
Wait until you're really mad at him and redecorate. it will make you feel good, and independent, and maybe, just maybe, he'll like it, or at least respect you for your taste.
Where do you think all the quilts came from in the first place...me finally trying to say, "I want/like this!" The last one I got, he liked the design but didn't like how it felt, "It's too stiff..."