"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2016, 03:49 AM   #25411
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I'm enjoying being at home. My non-chlorinated towel to dry my face with. My non-chlorinated sheets to sleep in. My non-chlorinated bath towel... In case you can't tell, the hotel we stayed at used chlorine with a very heavy hand. When you went into the bathroom after showering, the place smelled like a pool house! Himself said he can still smell the stuff on his pajamas that he wore there. I'll be getting fresh nicegown tonight.
Wow - did you mention it to the hotel staff? Nothing gets changed if no-one complains.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:39 AM   #25412
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Beagle and I took a long walk around the 'hoods. Lots of daffodils blooming. Peony folliage starting to peek up. Weather was gorgeous, no wind, sunny, and upper 60's.

DH got to travel in a company plane this morning to Kansas with 4 co-workers, where he gets treated to 27 holes of golf (he hasn't played golf for over 20 years, he's not looking forward to that part), a private house, and a private chef!
Oh how he suffers in order to give Beagle and you a good home.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:17 AM   #25413
Master Chef

Glad to hear you and Himself are home safe and sound, CG. It always feels so nice to get back to your own home after a such a long road trip. All that hotel room chlorine would have given me a headache, that's for sure.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:20 AM   #25414
Master Chef

I'm making a shopping list - HAVE to do a little grocery shopping before Tyler gets here at noon. It's crazy windy and I don't particularly want to go, but I'm almost completely out of fresh fruits and veggies. That just won't do.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:56 PM   #25415
Chef Extraordinaire

Last night when I hit the bed I went into a beautiful, deep sound sleep. So since I feel so good today, I am continuing to do some deep cleaning and tossing out things. And in that process I have managed to create four loads of laundry. Stuff that has been sitting around in the closet for a couple of years and needs to be refreshed.

I just may have worked up an appetite for that pork chop.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:07 PM   #25416
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Wow, what a treat for Mister Dawg! Let us know what he requested from the private chef. I'm not sure I'd even know where to begin...

DH just returned. He had a fantastic time! He just went along for the ride on the golf trip, didn't swing a club. I demanded a full report.

Chef Mike made the guys jumbo shrimp, bacon-wrapped scallops, and upscale pigs in a blanket for appetizers. Then Cobb salad. Entree was perfectly cooked medium rare filet mignon with grilled asparagus. Dessert was fresh apple pie with ice cream.

Mucho vino was also consumed.

I am envious.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:46 PM   #25417
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
Wow - did you mention it to the hotel staff? Nothing gets changed if no-one complains.
I usually do when we have that problem at a particular hotel, especially if we stop at one on a regular basis. This time I got the "it's to maintain sheets that don't harbor bacteria" line. Fortunately, we will probably not need to stay at that particular location again.

We're lucky the two hotels that are regulars along our route when driving to see our kids have switched to oxygen bleach. No odor, no rash on my face.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:16 PM   #25418
Master Chef

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
DH just returned. He had a fantastic time! He just went along for the ride on the golf trip, didn't swing a club. I demanded a full report.

Chef Mike made the guys jumbo shrimp, bacon-wrapped scallops, and upscale pigs in a blanket for appetizers. Then Cobb salad. Entree was perfectly cooked medium rare filet mignon with grilled asparagus. Dessert was fresh apple pie with ice cream.

Mucho vino was also consumed.

I am envious.
Holy cow. I'm dying here reading about that after having my tuna sandwich for dinner.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:53 PM   #25419
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Holy cow. I'm dying here reading about that after having my tuna sandwich for dinner.

I know! I forgot to mention the twice- baked potato. I had leftover Chinese.

Pity that wives were not included in the trip. I told DH that situation needs to change.
Old 04-15-2016, 03:46 AM   #25420
Sous Chef

Well, I'm having a rough time sleeping, so I'm re-organizing my scrapbook stuff and herding cats.