What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I missed the AM yoga class so my next options are either 6pm or 730pm. Neither one sounds like it will work out for me so that might have to wait til morning!

I did get all the shopping done, THAT was more of an ordeal than I thought it would be, Laundry is nearly done and there is a pot of soup on the stove and BLTs all prepped.

I may not have any tomato plants in a minute. We just got nailed with a HUGE hailstorm! Golfball sized hail! HOLY CRAP!

I'm waiting for a pizza delivery. I was going to make http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/harrys-spicy-pork-ball-rendang-81320.html#post1179271, but I got a headache and I'm not up for cooking. I brought the car to the garage, because she stalled for no good reason, again. She wouldn't do her trick for the mechanic and she lied to the computer and said nothing happened. I'm supposed to drive a bunch and call on Monday.

I got a bunch of specialty grocery shopping done. I got kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass, Scotch bonnet peppers, fish sauce (Squid brand - "contains no squid", it had the least sodium - 1400mg/ 15mg/tblsp :ohmy:, and nothing but water, anchovies, and salt), 7 spice powder, and rosehip tea and hibiscus tea. I also got my currently favourite coffee: Lavazza Rossa and Lavazza decaf.

I guess it's spicy pork ball (or maybe beef) rendang tomorrow.

My deck...

Attachments

• IMG_20120823_160300.jpg
    IMG_20120823_160300.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 152
Wow, Alix, that is wild!
We were supposed to get rain today but at the moment it is really warm and sunny. I will try to send some your way! :)

The monster tomato plants are unscathed. Its still storming pretty bad so I've not been out to check the ones furthest from the door. Crossing my fingers!

Wow. And I thought it was still summer in Alberta.
It is. There isn't a month in the year when I haven't seen snow or hail or some kind of icy stuff falling from the sky here.

Only two casualties of the hail. Two big green tomatoes got knocked off the vines. I brought them in to sit on the counter.

taxlady said:
Around here we only get hail in summer.

Looked like Alix had a snowstorm!

Glad you were able to rescue the casualties, Alix!

Last edited:
Heart test number one done today, no results yet, the tech wouldn't say anything but, "If it makes you feel better, I didn't have to go get the doctor to consult." What I gleaned from the test was the right carotid sounded good, the left sounded muffled and muddy. I didn't get a look at the images.

One more test next Tuesday, I get to sleep through it...
Take care! Hope & pray that everything turns out good for you.

Wow, Alix! I love rain, but I will pass on the hailstorms.

Okay, Bilateral Carotid Artery Ultrasound results: no blockages seen. Yea!!! No Roto-rooting the arteries! The next test is next Tuesday, a resting echocardiogram...this will show how my heart valves are working at rest, which is when she heard the new murmur.

I also woke up thins morning to a horrible pain in my eye. I have a small ulceration on the eye it's self and they gave me some antibiotic eye drops for it. Feels better, now I have to remember to use the eye drops every 4 hours.

Otherwise, I am goofing off.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Wow, Alix! I love rain, but I will pass on the hailstorms.

Okay, Bilateral Carotid Artery Ultrasound results: no blockages seen. Yea!!! No Roto-rooting the arteries! The next test is next Tuesday, a resting echocardiogram...this will show how my heart valves are working at rest, which is when she heard the new murmur.

I also woke up thins morning to a horrible pain in my eye. I have a small ulceration on the eye it's self and they gave me some antibiotic eye drops for it. Feels better, now I have to remember to use the eye drops every 4 hours.

Otherwise, I am goofing off.

Goof away, PF! Good news on the ultrasound! Not so good on the eye, drat. Hopefully the murmur is merely waxing poetic, telling nice stories, and pumping away like it should!

Goof away, PF! Good news on the ultrasound! Not so good on the eye, drat. Hopefully the murmur is merely waxing poetic, telling nice stories, and pumping away like it should!

But, what if it is waxing Poe-etic...:LOL:

If I hadn't talked about the eye, I would have forgotten the next eye drops.:rolleyes:

PrincessFiona60 said:
But, what if it is waxing Poe-etic...:LOL:

If I hadn't talked about the eye, I would have forgotten the next eye drops.:rolleyes:

And the beating beating of his telltale heart.....quoth the eyedrop: nevermore....

Back
Top Bottom