"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-11-2012, 12:57 AM   #2541
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Where do you think all the quilts came from in the first place...me finally trying to say, "I want/like this!" The last one I got, he liked the design but didn't like how it felt, "It's too stiff..."
Fabric softener will fix that. And extra dose if necessary. For Shrek silly, not the quilt.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #2542
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Fabric softener will fix that. And extra dose if necessary. For Shrek silly, not the quilt.
LOL! I've washed it twice now with extra fabric softener, he's still not happy with it. I have it bundled up nicely in the closet. I will get some use of it, sooner or later.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #2543
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
LOL! I've washed it twice now with extra fabric softener, he's still not happy with it. I have it bundled up nicely in the closet. I will get some use of it, sooner or later.
I managed to get my way How you ask???? The guest bedroom now has my fav quilt and pillows, and we don't say a word it would mean black and blue boo boos!!!We each have our likes and dislikes but we've learned to accept each others likes and dislike. it's an or else situation here. Love me love my quilt.
ma
Old 04-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #2544
Master Chef

I have been attempting to sign up for Facebook at the request of some younger family members. What a pain! It thinks I am someone in a distant foreign land! I guess I am too old to understand these things. I think I will just fuhgettaboutit!
Old 04-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #2545
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I have been attempting to sign up for Facebook at the request of some younger family members. What a pain! It thinks I am someone in a distant foreign land! I guess I am too old to understand these things. I think I will just fuhgettaboutit!
Sounds like a good idea. Facebook is a massive invasion of privacy, most of which is hard to know about.

When you join Facebook, you aren't the consumer, you and your personal info are the product (what Facebook sells to advertisers).
Old 04-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #2546
Chef Extraordinaire

Just got back from eating at a chinese buffet. I ate way to much. Bedtime will be early tonight.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #2547
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Just got back from eating at a chinese buffet. I ate way to much. Bedtime will be early tonight.
Eating too much is mandatory at Chinese Buffets. You did what you were supposed to do.

Hockey playoffs started tonight. I usually watch for a week or two until the weather gets nice, or the Canadian teams all get beat out. Whatever comes first.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #2548
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I would hang in there if I were you. My mom is 77 and she enjoys keeping in touch with all of us. There are three generations all connected. She plays games, enters contests and messages her kids and grand kids. She still hasn't figured it all out yet, but enough to go on and check every night for a couple of minutes to catch up on the days events.....there are lots of privacy concerns about facebook, but, I honestly have never had a problem, nor do I know anybody who has ever had a problem because of their association with facebook. I think it is in their best intrest to keep things secure, because if there were any kind of scandal, they would lose millions of members emmediately...

But, of course, that is all up to you.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #2549
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
Eating too much is mandatory at Chinese Buffets. You did what you were supposed to do.

Hockey playoffs started tonight. I usually watch for a week or two until the weather gets nice, or the Canadian teams all get beat out. Whatever comes first.
Thanks for the support, I am feeling pretty guilty about it but you make me feel better.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #2550
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster

I would hang in there if I were you. My mom is 77 and she enjoys keeping in touch with all of us. There are three generations all connected. She plays games, enters contests and messages her kids and grand kids. She still hasn't figured it all out yet, but enough to go on and check every night for a couple of minutes to catch up on the days events.....there are lots of privacy concerns about facebook, but, I honestly have never had a problem, nor do I know anybody who has ever had a problem because of their association with facebook. I think it is in their best intrest to keep things secure, because if there were any kind of scandal, they would lose millions of members emmediately...

But, of course, that is all up to you.
+1

My inlaws are amazing, they're in their 80s and keep up at a minimal way on FB.