"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-12-2016, 09:43 PM   #25561
Master Chef

How exciting, Souschef! That's a great aerial pic.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:12 PM   #25562
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
How exciting, Souschef! That's a great aerial pic.
Thank you, Cheryl. Tomorrow I hope to get more as I will be taking instruction to fly the B-25.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:54 PM   #25563
Master Chef

Nice photos, Souschef! Himself is jealous. That's neat that you'll be certified to fly one of those older ladies.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:11 AM   #25564
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Nice photos, Souschef! Himself is jealous. That's neat that you'll be certified to fly one of those older ladies.
Thanks for the wishes, CG, but I do not have enough money for that. This was on my bucket list since seeing the movie "Forever Young". I will just fly it this once, like the jet I did some years ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jet.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	24750  
Old 05-13-2016, 12:17 AM   #25565
Master Chef

Oh, OK. When you said this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souschef View Post
Thank you, Cheryl. Tomorrow I hope to get more as I will be taking instruction to fly the B-25.
I took it to mean that you were going to end up certified. T'would be nice if we were all born rich instead of good-looking, right?
Old 05-13-2016, 09:33 PM   #25566
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I'm messing around with rhubarb sauce. The neighbor who told me to help myself last year to his rhubarb plants told DH and Beagle that he really enjoyed last year's sauce, so I'll certainly have to give him another container this year. I added a package of raspberry jello, because, why not?
Old 05-14-2016, 09:42 AM   #25567
Senior Cook

I did it!

Quote:
What a day! After sweatting out the weather, we took off with another B-25 and a P-51. We met up over my valley and then flew to Santa Barbara. The other 2 planes were put on display, and we flew back towards our home airport. I got into the copilot's seat and spent about 45 minutes flying the plane. It was an absolute thrill!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5882.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	24757  
Old 05-14-2016, 03:43 PM   #25568
Honey Badger

Quote:
What a day! After sweatting out the weather, we took off with another B-25 and a P-51. We met up over my valley and then flew to Santa Barbara. The other 2 planes were put on display, and we flew back towards our home airport. I got into the copilot's seat and spent about 45 minutes flying the plane. It was an absolute thrill!
Awesome!!!! Glad you had a good time. Is Kayelle ok after that?

I think I'd have to sleep that one off. Don't tell me nothin'!

Ok, now you have half of us all jealous.

Quick ? for you. About 2 weeks ago, I was planting flowers in the front yard.
I heard a plane with an unusual sound flying low enough so that you could see that it was one of the oldies. It had 2 large white bands that I could make out. Grey color.

Asked hubby to come out and look. It also had a smaller kind of plane flying close by that looked like the one you fly.
I told him that's an old war plane. He said it wasn't.

So was it?

We seem to live in an area that's a military path (whatchamacallit) helicopters sometimes fly so low the windows rattle. Were on the Good year tire blimps path. Met life's to.
Old 05-14-2016, 09:36 PM   #25569
Senior Cook

Did my good deed for today

A neighbor was moving and had an estate sale. One of the items was an 18 qt Nesco Roaster. As i walked by today, it was sitting in the carport next to an outlet. They wanted $5 for it! Well i plugged it in and it did not work, so I had someone take it inside and plug it in. Lo and behold it worked! Apparently the outside plugs did not work, which was why nobody else bought it.
I bought it and gave it to the lady across the street that needed one. I told her the next time she made tamales we wanted a couple
Old 05-15-2016, 01:33 AM   #25570
Master Chef

Just killing time...

We need to leave in an hour to drive up the street and collect my SIL and her husband. They are flying to UT on a 5:30AM flight; to save them some money, we're dropping them off at the airport. Parking for the time they are gone would be almost $100. I told her they could return the favor by hosting a Memorial Day cookout at their house. Now we just have to hope we remember to pick them up when they return. She'd better send me a text when they're leaving UT to come home...