"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-15-2016, 06:24 PM   #25581
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
...The food sample people probably have no idea.
At last around here, the free sample people don't work for Costco.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:32 PM   #25582
Master Chef

Quote:
The facewipes have ALWAYS been in the first aisle before the soap and shampoo here! How dare Costco!

And of course, nobody around to ask. The food sample people probably have no idea.
Try COSTCO online, I think they have free shipping, also try Jet.com.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:37 PM   #25583
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Try COSTCO online, I think they have free shipping, also try Jet.com.

Thanks, AB, that was to be my next step. It's a travesty, I tell ya!

I have a few 15 packs left, and I rip the wipes in half, so they're good for 30 days.
Old 05-15-2016, 06:51 PM   #25584
Master Chef

Quote:
Thanks, AB, that was to be my next step. It's a travesty, I tell ya!

I have a few 15 packs left, and I rip the wipes in half, so they're good for 30 days.
Good idea!

I keep a pack of them in the drawer of the end table in my living room next to the recliner. Nice for a quick facial wipe before I inevitably fall asleep.
Old 05-16-2016, 02:03 PM   #25585
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
What I've been doing compared to what you all have been doing, is not nearly as much fun. I've been on a cleaning and throwing stuff away binge for the past 2 days. I might be going up to the Sacramento area in NoCal to visit my aunt and uncle for a few days in the coming week, and want to come home to a clean house with as little to do as possible.
Like you I've been doing the same for a few weeks. Binging and tossing out things is much easier when I can do it alone. Were up to at least 2 dump runs, and have about $200.00 in recyclables to be turned in.

When I've had the time I've been planting flat after flat of free flowers and plants. I think more is heading my way today. The plants and flowers that didn't sell are being given away. They've remembered my fessing up to my mistake a few weeks ago and have been telling my son to fill up the cars trunk with what it can hold. "Your Mom will love them!"
Gee thanks Wally...?
Old 05-16-2016, 03:44 PM   #25586
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I have 8 Rosy Glow Barberry bushes to plant and it's raining. Looks like I'm getting a shower whether I want one or not. The front flower bed is almost done, found a penstemon and two anemones. Also going to plat a Flowering Almond. Then I have a backyard full of weeds to kill. All this after I run into town for my prescriptions...and I slept in today.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:45 PM   #25587
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Like you I've been doing the same for a few weeks. Binging and tossing out things is much easier when I can do it alone. Were up to at least 2 dump runs, and have about $200.00 in recyclables to be turned in........
I don't know why I do that...when I'm planning on being gone from the house for more than a few days I feel like I've got to clean and purge. Next thing you know I'll be leaving a note for my survivors to delete my browsing history on my laptop.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:51 PM   #25588
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I have 8 Rosy Glow Barberry bushes to plant and it's raining. Looks like I'm getting a shower whether I want one or not. The front flower bed is almost done, found a penstemon and two anemones. Also going to plat a Flowering Almond. Then I have a backyard full of weeds to kill. All this after I run into town for my prescriptions...and I slept in today.
Glad you got to sleep in today Princess, and it sure sounds like you've been busy in the yard of your new home. Glad the weather has been cooperating at least a little. Flowering Almonds are SO pretty!
Old 05-17-2016, 05:27 PM   #25589
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
No, not quite! I love the Kirkland facial towelettes, Dawg. Sorry you couldn't find any this time. The last time I was in Costco - at least a year and a half ago - I found them in kind of a weird place, but I don't remember where. I bought 3 boxes of them.

Huh. Upon further inspection, the familiar blue box facewipes are now in lavendar boxes, and people are not happy. Though apparently it's the same formula, just a different color. I ordered some from Costco with free shipping.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:38 PM   #25590
Head Chef

Lightbulb

....saying goodbye to this forum - time to move on to where appreciation of organic food is not given such a hard time!

Thanks to all those that have supported me here e.g. via likes and PMs.