What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, Alix! I love rain, but I will pass on the hailstorms.

Okay, Bilateral Carotid Artery Ultrasound results: no blockages seen. Yea!!! No Roto-rooting the arteries! The next test is next Tuesday, a resting echocardiogram...this will show how my heart valves are working at rest, which is when she heard the new murmur.

I also woke up thins morning to a horrible pain in my eye. I have a small ulceration on the eye it's self and they gave me some antibiotic eye drops for it. Feels better, now I have to remember to use the eye drops every 4 hours.

Otherwise, I am goofing off.
Yay for not needing Roto-Rootering of the arteries.

Bummer about the eye, but I'm glad to hear you are getting it taken care of.

Echocardiogram to find the murmur. I wish you luck. They have never been able to figure out why I have a heart murmur. It doesn't seem to do anything, but to be on the safe side, I am supposed to have subacute endocharditis prophylaxis (That's a mouthful, ain't it?) before any kind of procedure.

Addie said:
6:22. My daughter just called. We had a short and quick conversation. They just came to take her to surgery. She should be done and out by 2 p.m. The surgery will start around 8 a.m. I can feel my BP going up. I need to get myself calmed down. I am shaking.

I have never been one to skirt around words. Cancer is cancer. Died is died. But these past few days, no one has used any of the words they don't want to hear. As a result the doctors realize that the questions not asked show that they don't want to consider the worst scenario. I could use a good strong tranquilizer right now. This is so hard. To hell with trying to be strong for others. Just knowing that all of my DC Family is praying for her gives me a feeling of help. Thank you all for yor caring support. I feel so helpless right now. I want to scream at the doctors to hurry up and give me some answers. I want to be there in the OR so I can hold her hand and tell her it will be all right. I want to hold my little girl. :angel:

I don't even know what to say. If you were here or I were there, I'd just hug you or sit by you or hold your hands and let you cry or yell or laugh or whatever you needed. Please don't forget to let others be strong for you while you are being strong for her. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Today I collected my new reading glasses...hey are brilliant..I love them, everything is so clear to read now ;)

I am currently wearing them here on the pc and it looks like I have a bigger monitor :LOL:

It sounds like you had a great shopping trip before the hail started, TL!

I received my red hibiscus dried flowers recently, and have really been enjoying it.

I'm fiddling around on here before I begin driving my oldest around. We're going to a job interview first then off to a tour of the university campus so she won't feel quite so lost in a couple of weeks.

I've been tossing around dinner ideas in my head, and had sort of decided to do a pork roast with all the trimmings but I've been reading about tacos and now I don't know what to do. Hmmmm.

Alix said:
I'm fiddling around on here before I begin driving my oldest around. We're going to a job interview first then off to a tour of the university campus so she won't feel quite so lost in a couple of weeks.

I've been tossing around dinner ideas in my head, and had sort of decided to do a pork roast with all the trimmings but I've been reading about tacos and now I don't know what to do. Hmmmm.

I wish I could still get my parents to do that :) I start school on Monday and I still feel lost!! What kind of school supplies did she say she needs? Do people still use pencils and notebooks? LOL!

I'm getting ready to go into the city to see my respirologist. I am not looking forward to the appointment. 2 months ago he insisted I go off my anti-inflammatory because it was hampering my breathing. I reluctantly did so and 2 days after weaning off completely I couldn't walk 10 steps because I was so inflamed and it triggered much of my pain. So I went back on and have been doing somewhat better since (it is taking awhile).

So, today I get to tell him that while I got a small relief in my breathing, it wasn't enough to not be in control of my pain. The weather is less hot and that in itself is helping the breathing so that is a plus.

I am feeling pretty good pain wise today and confident that I can handle myself well....plus DH is going with me as back-up! :angel::LOL:

I wish I could still get my parents to do that :) I start school on Monday and I still feel lost!! What kind of school supplies did she say she needs? Do people still use pencils and notebooks? LOL!

Where are you going and what are you taking, Skittle? Sorry, it is probably here somewhere but I was hit and miss around here for so long.

LPBeier said:
Where are you going and what are you taking, Skittle? Sorry, it is probably here somewhere but I was hit and miss around here for so long.

St. Cloud tech. I'm taking intro to communication studies, intermediate algebra, general biology, medical terminology, and infection control. All I really have are a couple notebooks, pens and pencils, graphing calculator, and my laptop. Can't really think of much more I would need... If you think of anything else I should have I would appreciate the input :) I'm a little nervous and would like to be prepared.

It sounds like you had a great shopping trip before the hail started, TL!

I received my red hibiscus dried flowers recently, and have really been enjoying it.
No hail for me. But, the three minute downpour did start as I was heading to my car from Adonis Supermarket.

St. Cloud tech. I'm taking intro to communication studies, intermediate algebra, general biology, medical terminology, and infection control. All I really have are a couple notebooks, pens and pencils, graphing calculator, and my laptop. Can't really think of much more I would need... If you think of anything else I should have I would appreciate the input :) I'm a little nervous and would like to be prepared.

The laptop is all she is using for notes. She will also have a couple of coil notebooks, a few flash drives, pens, pencils and her calculator. The calculator cost about half of what the laptop cost! :wacko:

Alix said:
The laptop is all she is using for notes. She will also have a couple of coil notebooks, a few flash drives, pens, pencils and her calculator. The calculator cost about half of what the laptop cost! :wacko:

My trusty ti-83+ from high school got used to death on the math team so I had to buy another one of those. Got it for $30 on Craigslist lol. So my laptop cost about 20X what the calculator did ha ha ha.... Sounds like I'm pretty well set :) thanks!

I'll probably take notes the old fashioned way... Writing things down helps me memorize. I usually don't have to look back at notes.

Get some flash drives or an external hard drive to back up important stuff. Its cheap and a total lifesaver if you get a virus.

Alix said:
Get some flash drives or an external hard drive to back up important stuff. Its cheap and a total lifesaver if you get a virus.

Very true. I have flash drives, pretty sure they are in my laptop bag in storage. Need to find that anyway...

Good morning everyone :)

Well, it is Saturday morning here and we have a nice relaxing day ahead ;)

We are going to make some Buttermilk Hotcakes for morning tea and some pizza for lunch...so a nice day baking :chef:

Have fun baking Kylie!!!

Well, we didn't make the doctor's appointment this morning because I was nauseated after breakfast and in pain. It's okay, I really didn't want to go anyway. Then we went to the IV therapy centre and when they found out I am getting so nauseated with it they didn't give me this treatment and I don't have to go back. Instead they are trying an oral antibiotic again. I had a rest and now we are going out to get DH's birthday presents and some dinner - I am not so nauseated now. Turned into a good day!

LPBeier said:
Have fun baking Kylie!!!

Well, we didn't make the doctor's appointment this morning because I was nauseated after breakfast and in pain. It's okay, I really didn't want to go anyway. Then we went to the IV therapy centre and when they found out I am getting so nauseated with it they didn't give me this treatment and I don't have to go back. Instead they are trying an oral antibiotic again. I had a rest and now we are going out to get DH's birthday presents and some dinner - I am not so nauseated now. Turned into a good day!

You have a great attitude, LP! When a good day means being "not so nauseated now", wow. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Happy birthday, DH of LP!

I just ordered a couple of waterproof cases for our iPhones for snorkeling from Amazon, free shipping. They're good to 20 feet underwater.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom