"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-02-2016, 04:16 PM   #25651
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Taxy,
Vaping supplies... Is it for those E pens? Excuse my ignorance, what is that?
Whatcha up to?

If it's anything bad sign me up to!
It's for e-cigs to help me quit smoking. It's a smokeless way of getting nicotine.

Bad? Well, I dunno, but friends have pointed out that once Canada legalizes pot (which our Prime Minister has promised to do), we can "vape" the pot. I'm not clear on how the pot gets into the liquid that gets vaporized.

Old 06-02-2016, 04:44 PM   #25652
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
It's for e-cigs to help me quit smoking. It's a smokeless way of getting nicotine.

Bad? Well, I dunno, but friends have pointed out that once Canada legalizes pot (which our Prime Minister has promised to do), we can "vape" the pot. I'm not clear on how the pot gets into the liquid that gets vaporized.
Well Duh on me. I should have known better. Need another cup of coffee.
Wakey, wakey Munky!

My husband and I have a few of those. We haven't tried the flavored ones yet. We bought them like you to cut down, or to have a smoke in public.

Here they are banned just as much as a real cigarette is. It's one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't. Your not allowed to even smoke in your own vehicle in a public area. How stupid is that?

As far as the pot goes. I don't use them. But have heard that they have pens that that are much like the E pens. Insert a cartridge. It vaporizes.
They do have different types available. You don't even smell it. It depends on the persons needs.
I'm not a pot pro. It's just what I've heard.

Old 06-02-2016, 04:58 PM   #25653
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Well Duh on me. I should have known better. Need another cup of coffee.
Wakey, wakey Munky!

My husband and I have a few of those. We haven't tried the flavored ones yet. We bought them like you to cut down, or to have a smoke in public.

Here they are banned just as much as a real cigarette is. It's one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't. Your not allowed to even smoke in your own vehicle in a public area. How stupid is that?

As far as the pot goes. I don't use them. But have heard that they have pens that that are much like the E pens. Insert a cartridge. It vaporizes.
They do have different types available. You don't even smell it. It depends on the persons needs.
I'm not a pot pro. It's just what I've heard.
I bought a kit that has batteries separate from the tubes where the vaping happens and that part is refillable. I bought several different flavours (and a couple of different nicotine strengths) to see what I like. Mostly I got flavours that taste like a cigarette. Maybe, once pot is legal here, they will start selling "e-juice" with pot in it.

Yeah, they just passed really strict laws about smoking here and all of them apply equally to vaping. Okay, maybe the non-smokers shouldn't have to be exposed to vaping, but this is absurd. No smoking on the terrasse of a bar or resto. No smoking within 9 metres (~30') of a door or window that can open. Technically, I can't smoke or vape in my tiny backyard, because by the time I'm 9 metres from my patio door, I'm outside my yard. Sheesh.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:12 PM   #25654
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Quote:
I bought a kit that has batteries separate from the tubes where the vaping happens and that part is refillable. I bought several different flavours (and a couple of different nicotine strengths) to see what I like. Mostly I got flavours that taste like a cigarette. Maybe, once pot is legal here, they will start selling "e-juice" with pot in it.

Yeah, they just passed really strict laws about smoking here and all of them apply equally to vaping. Okay, maybe the non-smokers shouldn't have to be exposed to vaping, but this is absurd. No smoking on the terrasse of a bar or resto. No smoking within 9 metres (~30') of a door or window that can open. Technically, I can't smoke or vape in my tiny backyard, because by the time I'm 9 metres from my patio door, I'm outside my yard. Sheesh.

Goofy, isn't it? I got my e-cig to keep me sane at the airports. Both my sister and a good friend use theirs to replace smoking. It's silly to regulate them so much.

I made a bunch of rhubarb juice. DH absolutely loves it. Just chopped up rhubarb and water, boil, simmer, no sugar needed.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:21 PM   #25655
Chef Extraordinaire

The anti-smoking laws seem to be more about punishing smokers than about a reasonable way to protect non-smokers.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:28 PM   #25656
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

I know. The e-cigs are primarily water, no smell, and it's worse to go outside and breathe in car exhaust or pollen.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:31 PM   #25657
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I know. The e-cigs are primarily water, no smell, and it's worse to go outside and breathe in car exhaust or pollen.
Water, really? The stuff I use is mostly propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine. But, no smell in the vape according to Stirling, who has never smoked. He was actually trying to smell it.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:39 PM   #25658
Honey Badger

Quote:
The anti-smoking laws seem to be more about punishing smokers than about a reasonable way to protect non-smokers.
Not only that the State wants their piece of the pie as well.
Taxes! A pack here is $5.56

We have now that I've checked 2 types of pens.
I really like the rechargeable lighters that you plug into a USB cable.

I've had one Dr who asked me about my cutting down on smoking I told him I've been subbing by using the pen. The guy was basically clueless as to what I was talking about. He just made the comment "I've heard of those" What, seriously? Don't you keep up with the times? I've at least made an effort. I think he just wanted to lecture me to quit.
As he was telling me of his stresses, I like a lil' smartass asked him if he wanted a smoke?

Lit a real smoke up as I left the building. Just to do it.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:10 PM   #25659
Master Chef

Quote:
I agree, and I am an ardent anti-smoker Never smoked, but grew up in a house with three who did. When I got married and moved out, clean air never smelled so good. I can't stand the smell of cigarette or cigar smoke, and hate when people crowd around the doorways of the building I'm trying to enter. I take a deep breath before I get to the plume of smoke and don't exhale until I'm inside the place. If a business has to chase their smokers outside to adhere to regulations, it would be nice if they provided a protected area away from the entrance.

Pretty soon someone is going to regulate how many exhales you can take a day. Gotta watch for all of that carbon dioxide, you know.

I'm officially old - or pretty close to it. I logged onto the Medicare website and applied for my Medicare card. At least my health insurance costs will be a lot lower when I'm done having to get insurance through the Health Connector site - less than half of what I'm paying now. Nice!
Old 06-02-2016, 08:14 PM   #25660
Master Chef

I'm a close one year away to applying for Medicare and SS. Boy have the past few years gone by fast.
-----------------------
It's a little after 5PM here now, and Tyler got picked up a half hour ago. Now that school is out of session for the summer, I've been having him full time while Mom and Dad are at work. 7:45 to 4:30. He is such a nice little boy and lots of fun, but by the time afternoon is here I'm worn out. I refuse to set him in front of the TV all day, and he wouldn't be happy with that anyway.