"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-14-2016, 08:29 PM   #25711
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinisajoy View Post
For good or bad, I was serious. My dad was not a nice person when he had been drinking. And yes us kids were scared until the animals went on the offensive.
We didn't get much for Christmas but we got plenty of apology gifts.
My fish forum people didn't believe it but they liked the story. I shall believe it because it's such a great story.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:29 PM   #25712
Senior Cook

By midnight we should be down to 85.

Old 06-15-2016, 11:47 AM   #25713
Chef Extraordinaire

Putting together my next order for Jet. Total is at my limit. $150. Every item is a taxable item by Massachusetts. A total savings of $10 in taxes alone. And free shipping.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:35 PM   #25714
Senior Cook

Cool Addie.
Oh and I was off a bit on my weather prediction last night. It was 86 at Midnight.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:04 PM   #25715
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Cool Addie.
Oh and I was off a bit on my weather prediction last night. It was 86 at Midnight.
Two minutes ago Spike asked what the temp is. 80F. I just looked again and it went up two degrees.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:39 PM   #25716
Senior Cook

91 here with a humidity of 45%.
I really need to take out the trash.
It is 80 in my living room .
Old 06-15-2016, 02:27 PM   #25717
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
91 here with a humidity of 45%.
I really need to take out the trash.
It is 80 in my living room .
I put the AC on very low. And I have the window open. I have a really pleasant breeze blowing across my place. I get no sun into this apartment, so it never gets too hot.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:35 AM   #25718
Chef Extraordinaire

PF, thought you might like to know that National Geo. is featuring Montana in their latest magazine. Beautiful pics.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:07 PM   #25719
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
PF, thought you might like to know that National Geo. is featuring Montana in their latest magazine. Beautiful pics.
It's actually featuring Yellowstone National Park, most of which is in Wyoming, not Montana. The photography and graphics are amazing, though. I borrowed the current issue from my dentist's office Yes, I asked her first!
Old 06-16-2016, 11:20 PM   #25720
Master Chef

Thanks so much to those of you who messaged me with such kind words this past week!

I've been MIA for a while, it's been a sad and busy past couple of weeks. My uncle up in the Sacramento area wasn't feeling well and went into the hospital the end of April. I couldn't make that long drive by myself so my daughter and I were planning a trip up there to see him but she's got a husband and 3 little ones, 2 of which were still in school, so timing was an issue. Fortunately, my wonderful SIL took off work and stayed home with the kids, so it was just she and I on the trip without having to worry about the littles on a 7 hour drive one way.

My uncle got much worse very quickly and passed away before we were able to get up there. He had pancreatic cancer.

We were up there for a week with my aunt, and helping her with whatever we could, and just got home a few days ago. Cancer SO sucks - he was 86, healthy and fit, working out on his treadmill twice a day and still an active member of the Senior Hikers Group in his town. They were world travelers and used to being on the go. My aunt Mary Ann has gone downhill fast - dementia is setting in and I've been on the phone several times a day trying to arrange for in home care for her which she needs immediately. But she is adamant that she doesn't need it. She only has one other relative who is able to help get the ball rolling on her care, but she's also several hundred miles away in the other direction - in Nevada up by the Idaho border.

My Aunt Mary Ann goes to bed around 7 and takes a 3 hour nap during the day, so on a lighter note, my daughter and I were able to get in some sightseeing of the beautiful Mother Lode country up in NoCal. We ate at delicious little mom and pop restaurants and got extra to take to Mary Ann for her dinners. We took a little side trip to Lake Tahoe on the way home and had lunch at a little picnic table on the shores of that beautiful lake and watched the boats go by.

Sorry for the long post, and thank you for reading this far. I'm stuck between doing whatever I can do long distance, and knowing that there is only so much I CAN do. It's good to be back here.