"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-22-2016, 04:13 PM   #25771
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
It's my old Kindle, but made for great pool reading. I can't dive down as well as I used to, it's about 10 feet. I thought about turning the suction off in the pumphouse. When I thought I was close, I couldn't see anything! I should have gotten my mask.

I'm a former lifeguard and swim teacher, this was really annoying.
Dawg, I ask my nurse about going to the local gym for their water aerobics for elderly. I got a big "No"! And they also ruled out bicycle riding. I loved my bike as a kid, and when I lived in Texas, the kids had to double up on one of their bikes. I would always take one bike to run errands and just pleasure ride. Right up to my eighth month of my pregnancy. I am told it is a matter of balance. The water class would have placed too much strain on my heart, and I do have a constant ear problem since birth. Also, as Winthrop is wont to constantly remind me, "I am not 20 years old anymore."

Old 06-22-2016, 04:22 PM   #25772
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Dawg, I ask my nurse about going to the local gym for their water aerobics for elderly. I got a big "No"! And they also ruled out bicycle riding. I loved my bike as a kid, and when I lived in Texas, the kids had to double up on one of their bikes. I would always take one bike to run errands and just pleasure ride. Right up to my eighth month of my pregnancy. I am told it is a matter of balance. The water class would have placed too much strain on my heart, and I do have a constant ear problem since birth. Also, as Winthrop is wont to constantly remind me, "I am not 20 years old anymore."

Addie, I'm tough as nails, in good physical shape, and relatively patient. It annoyed the heck out of me that I couldn't grab that dang Kindle! Then a sweet lady who's twice my weight and half my height was able to grab it. Oh, and probably half my age.

Old 06-22-2016, 04:38 PM   #25773
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Addie, I'm tough as nails, in good physical shape, and relatively patient. It annoyed the heck out of me that I couldn't grab that dang Kindle! Then a sweet lady who's twice my weight and half my height was able to grab it. Oh, and probably half my age.
I am afraid my body has given up the fight. This heart of mine just does not want to cooperate with all the things I would like to do. But in my mind I can still do it. Until I try it.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:27 PM   #25774
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Munky, the first time I ever had an MRI, the doctor asked me if I was claustrophobic. One look at my face, and he got the answer before I could open my mouth.

"Don't worry, we will put you to sleep." And they did. I slept through the whole thing. The last thing anyone wants is a patient screaming inside an MRI tube trying to escape.
Unfortunately an open MRI was out of the question/unavailable anyways for him. It has to be ordered from the Dr, prior to your appmt. For what his Dr needed to see it had to be closed because of the dye used. Opened wouldn't have been very accurate.

It took about 2 hrs. He grilled the Tech beforehand. "If I say get me out NOW!,are you going to argue with me about it? Are you going to be quick? Because if not I'm going to start breaking S...!" The Tech told him and showed him just how quick he would be. 1 min tops. Please Mr. don't break our stuff!

Hubbby's a big guy. He would have done it to.!

He went through the whole thing. Afterwards he was very tired. Exhausted is more like it. Nothing was broken in the process.
I took him out to dinner.Picked up the check.

Glad that's over with.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:56 PM   #25775
Master Chef

Munky, I'm sorry this has been such an ordeal for both of you. I know I wouldn't be a good patient if I had to have an MRI. I hope the results that come back show as small of an issue as possible. Sending good thoughts your way. Hang in there - you're one tough girl.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:07 PM   #25776
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Geez, Munky. I would freak too if I had to be stuck in a tube! Good for your DH, he survived, without breaking anything!
Old 06-23-2016, 04:23 PM   #25777
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Quote:
Well, I dumped some into a gallon ziplock along with the Kindle. It may have gotten into some of the orifices...

I think it might be dead. I will try to ressurect it tomorrow.

:sigh: RIP, sweet Kindle. I left it in dry brown rice, and took it out today and shook it off, plugged it in. The orange recharging light is on, but the switch does nothing. It's been a good pool friend for years. I'll give it another day or two.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:36 PM   #25778
Everymom

3days minimum. Good luck.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:06 PM   #25779
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
3days minimum. Good luck.

Thanks Alix. I put it back in the rice bag.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:51 PM   #25780
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

We walked Beagle over to a dear friend's, friend just got out of the hospital after having major surgery for prostate cancer. They opened him up, and he had cancer all over. He had three robots operating on him, and is in a lot of pain. He's totally German, and tough as they make them.

We brought over half our United Way meal. His wife was very appreciative.