"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-11-2016, 12:18 PM   #25851
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

So happy you had such a great visit "back home", CG! Fingers crossed for you too!

I'm kicking back after a loooonnng day and night of travel yesterday. DH went back to bed after picking up Beagle from the kennel this morning.

A word of caution about going through the Atlanta airport. My nose runs almost constantly, so I always have to have kleenex in my pockets. Apparently the airport people x-ray machine doesn't like kleenex. I got hauled out of line, felt up, and swabbed down. I did tell them they could have my used kleenex if they really wanted it. Thankfully the TSA workers had a good sense of humor.

Old 07-11-2016, 12:24 PM   #25852
Certified Pretend Chef

Safe trip back to MA, CG.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:03 PM   #25853
Executive Chef

Just taking a break from trying to hang wallpaper in the bathroom. I am a seasoned wallpaper hanger and this is a decent quality of paper but this is causing very blue air in my house. It keeps falling off! I thought the first time it was because I'd stripped the old paper off and found the old 1920s oil paint on the walls so I dealt with that by painting the wall with wallpaper paste and letting it dry before going back to it, putting another coat of paste (same reliable make, different package, so not likely to be a problem with the paste) on the wall, pasted the paper and stuck it up. By now it was 2am so I went to bed. Got up this morning and went into the bathroom and the better part of yesterday's work was lying on the floor sneering at me!

God, I wish I'd married a rich man when I had the chance (or a good do-it-yourself-er would do).
Old 07-11-2016, 03:23 PM   #25854
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Lazy morning here. Having a cup of coffee before I annoy my neighbors all day. You know my favorites ones? Memba them?

Got the smoker ready. Were all ready for some real ribs for a change.
I'll be taking my sweet time doing it to.
Indeed I do. Get a fan, and help the aroma of those ribs waft toward the right direction.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:26 PM   #25855
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
So happy you had such a great visit "back home", CG! Fingers crossed for you too!

I'm kicking back after a loooonnng day and night of travel yesterday. DH went back to bed after picking up Beagle from the kennel this morning.

A word of caution about going through the Atlanta airport. My nose runs almost constantly, so I always have to have kleenex in my pockets. Apparently the airport people x-ray machine doesn't like kleenex. I got hauled out of line, felt up, and swabbed down. I did tell them they could have my used kleenex if they really wanted it. Thankfully the TSA workers had a good sense of humor.
I am so glad to hear that I am not alone with this stupid affliction of a constant running nose.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:44 PM   #25856
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I am so glad to hear that I am not alone with this stupid affliction of a constant running nose.

I told the agents that they really wouldn't want to see me without my pockets full of kleenex. Thankfully, they realize how ridiculous the regulations they have to follow are. I'm always surprised at what might show up on airport body x-ray scans.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:57 PM   #25857
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Enjoy your (probably) last day with the kids, CG. Sounds like a fun filled day!
We did have a great day, Chery! Today we have a bonus day. Goober is at Loverly's home, we're all together, and we'll be dining royally on...leftovers! Need to move this stuff out so it doesn't spoil; Loverly can start with fresh tomorrow.
Quote:
So happy you had such a great visit "back home", CG!...
Thanks, Dawg. As always, it's been much too short.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Safe trip back to MA, CG.
Thanks, Andy. It appears we'll be bringing the heat with us. Sorry.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:59 PM   #25858
Master Chef

Quote:
I told the agents that they really wouldn't want to see me without my pockets full of kleenex...
You should have asked it they wanted you to empty the pocket with just unused tissues, or did they want to see the contents from the "used tissues" too.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:37 PM   #25859
Master Chef

Good highway spirits be with you again on your way home, CG. Glad to hear your last day (for now) is your family all together. Maybe we'll be hearing about definite plans to move soon!

Dawg, I haven't flown since 2001 - I'm sure I'd be very surprised at the regulations over the past decade and a half.

Munky...were your neighbors sufficiently annoyed with you having the nerve to smoke some ribs? I can't imagine that. Sheesh....

MadCook, sorry to hear of your paper hanging problems. I hope tomorrow goes better.

I had a busy day today. It's Tyler's 6th birthday this weekend and he's having a party at the park. I went to town to get him his bday gifts and have been checking in with daughter about what I can bring as far as goodies, drinks, etc. Also went grocery shopping, did laundry, and some house cleaning. Relax time.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:45 PM   #25860
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Oh, Cheryl, you would not believe it...and we fly all the time!

Happy birthday to "our" dear Tyler! He's a big boy now!

« Petty Vents | - »