"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-14-2016, 01:40 PM   #26031
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,283
Wishing all of us could get out of town for a few weeks. Go anywhere that's not here. Looking at the map.

The wildfires have been taking a toll on everyone's respiratory systems.
Going on 3 weeks now. Were socked in a pocket of smoke and haze. We don't even live in L.A.!

We've all been sick with bad coughs,headaches,sore throats,irritated eyes.
We went to the Dr. (Head Hunters) All they say is stay inside. Close the widows. If you go out wear a mask.

Cali will be more than willing/happy even, to take the heavy rains some of you have been getting.
We might even send you a thank you note.
__________________

__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 11:00 PM   #26032
Master Chef
 
Cheryl J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 6,297
Isn't it horrible, Munky. So much of California has burned up. My son-in-law has been away from his family for weeks at a time fighting the fires, whole communities are gone, people are homeless, and now the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Mississippi are flooding with devastating results.

Take care and do try to stay inside. Thinking of you and praying for all.
__________________

__________________
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:56 AM   #26033
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Wishing all of us could get out of town for a few weeks. Go anywhere that's not here. Looking at the map.

The wildfires have been taking a toll on everyone's respiratory systems.
Going on 3 weeks now. Were socked in a pocket of smoke and haze. We don't even live in L.A.!

We've all been sick with bad coughs,headaches,sore throats,irritated eyes.
We went to the Dr. (Head Hunters) All they say is stay inside. Close the widows. If you go out wear a mask.

Cali will be more than willing/happy even, to take the heavy rains some of you have been getting.
We might even send you a thank you note.
Gee Munky, I would gladly send you some of our rain. But right now we need it also. About another six inches will do for us, and then you can have all the extra. We only need about another two inches and then we will be back on track. But I figure it never hurts to have a little extra.

Every time I look at a weather map, it just seems like the rain comes right up to the very edge of where it is really needed and continues on to where it has enough along with too much extra.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:57 PM   #26034
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,091
DH came home from work, eyes wide, and screeched, "There's another snake in the garage!" I grabbed the tongs, but missed it the first time. Then DH spotted it again, curled up in the corner, and this time I got it. Beautiful corn snake. I told DH I wanted to get a picture of it. Here, hold these tongs while I get my iPad. Nope, I was to release it into the woods ASAP. Pity, it was a lovely snake.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:06 PM   #26035
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
DH came home from work, eyes wide, and screeched, "There's another snake in the garage!" I grabbed the tongs, but missed it the first time. Then DH spotted it again, curled up in the corner, and this time I got it. Beautiful corn snake. I told DH I wanted to get a picture of it. Here, hold these tongs while I get my iPad. Nope, I was to release it into the woods ASAP. Pity, it was a lovely snake.

You are such a hero! Dh kills a spider and says, 'I saved your life! I'm your hero!'.
__________________
blissful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:14 PM   #26036
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful View Post

You are such a hero! Dh kills a spider and says, 'I saved your life! I'm your hero!'.

In the process of snake searching, DH discovered two shed skins behind the plastic barrels of stuff. Just to mess with him, I told him the snake probably had lived in our garage for years. They do eat mice.

I don't squish spiders, I just take them outside. DH eeks out about them too, so I'm the spidergirl.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:45 PM   #26037
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
...Then DH spotted it again, curled up in the corner...
Who was curled up in the corner, DH or the snake?
__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:10 PM   #26038
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Who was curled up in the corner, DH or the snake?

Hard to tell, though they're different colors! Pretty sure DH would not curl up with a snake!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:14 PM   #26039
Master Chef
 
Cheryl J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 6,297
Poor DH...but that is funny!
__________________
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:50 PM   #26040
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,091
What are you doing?

Men are highly overrated. Even after 30+ years, I had no idea DH was snake-phobic.

Bwahhahaha. I will use this knowledge to my advantage.

DH is calling Dan's Overhead Doors and More tomorrow to fix the bottom seal. Wimp.
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.