"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-17-2012, 01:22 AM   #2601
Chef Extraordinaire

just got back from a fantastic vacation on marco island, florida. the weather was great, the food was great, and the fishing was even better.

pics to follow when i upload the camera.

we were so impressed by the island that dw convinced me to get my resume together and look for jobs in sw florida. i know it'll be a huge change, but what the heck. i can always fly to see my family and for snow vacations. it'll all come down to salary, most likely.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:40 AM   #2602
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
just got back from a fantastic vacation on marco island, florida. the weather was great, the food was great, and the fishing was even better.

we were so impressed by the island that dw convinced me to get my resume together and look for jobs in sw florida. i know it'll be a huge change, but what the heck. i can always fly to see my family and for snow vacations. it'll all come down to salary, most likely.
Welcome back BT...you do know about what happens during spring training to hockey players in warmer climes, right?

Old 04-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #2603
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Welcome back, BT! Can't wait to see the pics. What kind of fishing did you get into?

Got out this morning to shoot the final flight for this behemoth. Got goose bumps watching it

you can view the full set here:
Flickr: tattratt2000's Photostream
Old 04-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #2604
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Oh Tatt! Those pictures make me so sad...

Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #2605
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Wow. Bye, Discovery space station. Welcome to the Smithsonian.

Great pics, Tat! Thanks!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #2606
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom

Old HS/college haunt. Glad you had a great time, BT!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #2607
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Reading my Penzey's catalog...they have a recipe for Blueberry Cardamom Ice Cream...
Old 04-17-2012, 11:01 PM   #2608
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATTRAT View Post
Welcome back, BT! Can't wait to see the pics. What kind of fishing did you get into?

Got out this morning to shoot the final flight for this behemoth. Got goose bumps watching it

you can view the full set here:
Flickr: tattratt2000's Photostream
Those pics are breathtaking.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #2609
Chef Extraordinaire

I am sitting here at the 'puter and listening to the TV in the background. Every so often I get up to stretch and do a little cleaning. There are only a few pieces of silver in the sink. Not worth wasting hot water on. They can wait until I get more to add to them. Again, I have to empty the waste baskets.

I noticed again they changed one of my pills. I wish they would tell me when they do this. It took me a half hour to find the one I was looking for on the net. After having two episodes with this pharmacy, one that almost killed me, I get very nervous when they make a change. I have a ritual that I have to go through every day checking the name of the pharmacist, and checking the pills against the list and pics I have down loaded and printed from the net. I definitely don't trust them. Unfortunately, I don't have a choice of pharmacies here. It is the one that goes with the Elderly Service Plan.

Every month they send me supplies that they think I will need. Right now I have 5,000 lancets. I keep telling them don't send me any more, but they still come. So they are going back this week. I haven't opened any of the boxes. And I don't care if they can't use them. Maybe they will get the message. I will call when I need something. Jeesh.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:28 PM   #2610
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I am sitting here at the 'puter and listening to the TV in the background. Every so often I get up to stretch and do a little cleaning. There are only a few pieces of silver in the sink. Not worth wasting hot water on. They can wait until I get more to add to them. Again, I have to empty the waste baskets.

I noticed again they changed one of my pills. I wish they would tell me when they do this. It took me a half hour to find the one I was looking for on the net. After having two episodes with this pharmacy, one that almost killed me, I get very nervous when they make a change. I have a ritual that I have to go through every day checking the name of the pharmacist, and checking the pills against the list and pics I have down loaded and printed from the net. I definitely don't trust them. Unfortunately, I don't have a choice of pharmacies here. It is the one that goes with the Elderly Service Plan.

Every month they send me supplies that they think I will need. Right now I have 5,000 lancets. I keep telling them don't send me any more, but they still come. So they are going back this week. I haven't opened any of the boxes. And I don't care if they can't use them. Maybe they will get the message. I will call when I need something. Jeesh.
Same thing happened to me with insulin and needles...I wasn't using them, but they kept sending them. Luckily I had a friend whose mother could use them and she was paying out of pocket.