What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh no, Addie. Thoughts are with you and your granddaughter. What an awful week for you and your family.

I have to agree. This has not been one of our best times. To be honest, the father has never been one of my favorite people. My GD was finally able to get hold of his family. They are going to have him cremated and then hold a service for him. She is still upset. They got into a screaming argument with her over it. It wasn't until she told them that she would have the city pick up the body and bury him, that they finally shut up. Their final parting word was that if they had to take care of it all, then they didn't want her to go into his apartment and take anything. Trust me, she doesn't want anything. The apartment will probably be condemned. Ever seen the show "Hoarding?" And it has a major bedbug problem.

What a great day. So from here on, it can only get better.

My daughter has been resting. The stitches are starting to bother her and itch. Time for them to come out. I never made it to her house today either. I have been dealing with my GD today. This is the child I raised after her mother died. It's a good thing I have a lot of inner strength. :angel:

Cool idea! I got one for my t-shirts and sweaters. Works great and I can hang more uniforms...:rolleyes:
Oh-oh--I'd need 100 of them to store fabric (she who dies with the most fiber, wins). I used a few of those at the farm for my t-shirts, sweaters, shorts, sheets, pillow cases, etc. They worked great. (I had left my "to die for closet" behind in the City). They are also easy to stitch up if you can sew.

Oh-oh--I'd need 100 of them to store fabric (she who dies with the most fiber, wins). I used a few of those at the farm for my t-shirts, sweaters, shorts, sheets, pillow cases, etc. They worked great. (I had left my "to die for closet" behind in the City). They are also easy to stitch up if you can sew.

Now that I have one, and I have freed up my sewing desk from all the fabric :LOL:, I plan to sew a couple for other uses, customizing the length and the size of the pockets. I may even use some of the fabric I have unearthed.

Oh, and mine is stuffed to the brim and I haven't put all the fabric in yet! :ohmy:

I have to agree. This has not been one of our best times. To be honest, the father has never been one of my favorite people. My GD was finally able to get hold of his family. They are going to have him cremated and then hold a service for him. She is still upset. They got into a screaming argument with her over it. It wasn't until she told them that she would have the city pick up the body and bury him, that they finally shut up. Their final parting word was that if they had to take care of it all, then they didn't want her to go into his apartment and take anything. Trust me, she doesn't want anything. The apartment will probably be condemned. Ever seen the show "Hoarding?" And it has a major bedbug problem.

What a great day. So from here on, it can only get better.

My daughter has been resting. The stitches are starting to bother her and itch. Time for them to come out. I never made it to her house today either. I have been dealing with my GD today. This is the child I raised after her mother died. It's a good thing I have a lot of inner strength. :angel:
That makes three--hopefully there is truth in bad things come in threes. {{{HUGS}}} (Harriet wants to hop the bus and come down--I'm having a hard time convincing her that Greyhound will not let her ride coach. And, she can't cross the border--she's practicing flying to see if she can fly across...). Chickens aren't very good at flying--if Little Millie were tamer, she could "maybe" fly across at a border crossing where there isn't a bridge and water....I don't think she can swim.

I feel for you! My cocker and dalmation couldn't handle storms. Much panting and vocalizing. Beagle couldn't care less, though she hates to get wet.

Teddy just wants to climb under your blankets whether you are there or not. He just shakes violently until he is under those blankets. A couple of times he has been here during a summer storm. He comes flying up on my bed and crawls right under the blanket. I find that he calms down if I pat him while he is under there. :angel:

Now that I have one, and I have freed up my sewing desk from all the fabric :LOL:, I plan to sew a couple for other uses, customizing the length and the size of the pockets. I may even use some of the fabric I have unearthed.

Oh, and mine is stuffed to the brim and I haven't put all the fabric in yet! :ohmy:
I made a "mini" one to store dog stuff---leashes, collars, bandanas, sweaters, etc. And, I used dog fabric. If you run short of fabric, I have tons of dog fabric prints!

I have spent the past hour trying to get my granddaughter calmed down. Her father died this morning from complications from diabetes. The hospital called her to come to the hospital to identify him. She is a divorced single mother of three small children and certainly hasn't the money to bury him. No insurance. She has been trying to get in touch with his brothers and other family members. No one is home. What a mess.
The hospital wants to know what to do with the body. She doesn't have an answer for them.

Does it ever end? I have to get dressed and go to my daughter's home. I want just an hour of calm right now. :(
That is so sad. I feel so bad for your granddaughter (and the family). I am praying. Did her father belong to a church, club, group that might be able to help out with the expenses?

Thank you for the prayers everyone. My sister had surgery today, and things are looking really good. They took care of the aneurysm that caused the stroke. It turns out there are two more, and they will deal with them when she has recovered from this step. :)

Barbara L said:
Thank you for the prayers everyone. My sister had surgery today, and things are looking really good. They took care of the aneurysm that caused the stroke. It turns out there are two more, and they will deal with them when she has recovered from this step. :)

Oh Barbara, still praying for your sister. I'm glad they were able to take care of the aneurysm, and that they have a plan about the others.

That is great news. It is good to hear something nice for a change. Prayers are on the way. :angel:

That makes three--hopefully there is truth in bad things come in threes. {{{HUGS}}} (Harriet wants to hop the bus and come down--I'm having a hard time convincing her that Greyhound will not let her ride coach. And, she can't cross the border--she's practicing flying to see if she can fly across...). Chickens aren't very good at flying--if Little Millie were tamer, she could "maybe" fly across at a border crossing where there isn't a bridge and water....I don't think she can swim.

:LOL: Tell Harriet that chickens are a favorite food of Greyhounds. Right after wabbits!

I made a "mini" one to store dog stuff---leashes, collars, bandanas, sweaters, etc. And, I used dog fabric. If you run short of fabric, I have tons of dog fabric prints!
My Fabricland membership will never allow me to run out of fabric! :LOL::LOL: But now you mention it I don't have any dog prints.......

Gosh, a lot happened while I was busy with my Tropical Storm Isaac doings. Sorry, Barbara and Addie for your woes. I hope everything looks brighter this morning.

My dog is mostly deaf and scared witless of rainstorms. She doesn't hear the thunder, but has proven a pretty good barometer when sniffing the air of an approaching storm. She begins shaking and pacing the house endlessly. Those toenails on the tile are making me consider dog-booties or something. I've tried several remedies but have yet to find one that works. Patting just doesn't do it. She doesn't like getting wet outside, either. I found myself holding an umbrella over her last night in the driving rain. :rolleyes::LOL:

Have you tryied hold her or putting her under a cover on her bed? And they do have special jackets for dogs that are afraid of storms. :angel:

:LOL: Tell Harriet that chickens are a favorite food of Greyhounds. Right after wabbits!
I think she meant the Greyhound on wheels! :LOL:I don't know if I want to tell her that--she saw the "Wabbits 4 Sale" sign when she was riding shotgun and probably would like me to go get a few "Wabbits" for her ride on the greyhound!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom