"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-26-2016, 11:00 AM   #26091
Chef Extraordinaire

My best wishes to you both as well. So sorry you're having to go through all this. Hugs.

Old 08-27-2016, 12:56 PM   #26092
Honey Badger

Mr. Munky is resting comfortably. He's to get plenty of rest.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes.

Apparently I must have needed it to. Slept way past 2pm yesterday.My body just ached all over. Stayed in bed all day only got up to make him some dinner. Went to bed early. Boy, did I feel guilty. Asked him "Why did you let me sleep so late!" He needs to be careful with his wrist for a few days until the swelling goes down. Yep, I dropped the ball.

Our son's have been such a tremendous help. They've really stepped up to the plate helping us with everything. I guess this Neurotic Mom did ok raising them. We very proud of them both. They've put their agenda's open for when were told the show starts, they will drop it all to be with us. We told them not to, but they say differently. I'm not arguing with them. They're close to Dad.

Old 08-27-2016, 01:17 PM   #26093
Chef Extraordinaire

Yeah, stress will do that to you. I'm glad you got a nice, long sleep. Hopefully you're feeling better today It's good to know your sons are ready to step up and help out

Take care of yourself, and take it easy on yourself. Go with some easy summer meals like fish and salads. Light, healthy food will be good for all of you.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:11 PM   #26094
Master Chef

I'm so glad to hear Mr. Munky is comfortable, and that you got such a nice long and much needed sleep. That's wonderful your boys are being such a big help - yep, you raised 'em right! Sending healing thoughts and prayers to all of you.
Old 08-27-2016, 11:37 PM   #26095
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by medtran49 View Post
BIL had a quadruple (4) bypass and did extremely well. He felt much, much better than he had in a long time almost immediately after recovering from anesthesia. Here's hoping Mr. Munky has the same experience!
He now belongs to "The Zipper Club." Glad to hear that BIL is doing so good.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:54 AM   #26096
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
He now belongs to "The Zipper Club." Glad to hear that BIL is doing so good.
Actually, it was just a comment about his experience and hopeful that Mr. Munky has the same. BIL passed away from lung cancer several years ago.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:50 PM   #26097
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by medtran49 View Post
Actually, it was just a comment about his experience and hopeful that Mr. Munky has the same. BIL passed away from lung cancer several years ago.
Sorry 'bout that. I had a quintuplet bypass. I was back to work after four weeks. Nobody was too happy with me, but I was so sick of just sitting at home. I am sure Mr. Munky will do fine also. The most difficult part for me was coming to and having that interbation tube down my throat. My son was standing there and I tried to smile to show him I was all right. Then I gave him a 'thumbs up'. That is when the doctor said I was fine and removed the tube.

I slept a lot for the first week in the hospital, then started to get antsy. Let Mr. Munky sleep if he wants to. He body will have had quite a shock. Any invasion with a scalpel is a shock. And when he gets home, there is that three o'clock wall. He will wake up in the morning feeling full of spit and vinegar. Then comes three o'clock wall and there is no way on earth you will be able to keep him awake.

I wish the best for the both of you. You both are facing a very daunting time. Mr. Munky will surprise you every day. Enjoy each other's company. Plenty of rest and lots of loving care.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:55 PM   #26098
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Just got back from our overnight trip to the family picnic and visit with a friend in Laramie. Tired, now I need a lamp. Had to check out and water the garden, first!
Old 08-28-2016, 05:07 PM   #26099
Master Chef

I think you might need a nap, too, PF.
Old 08-28-2016, 06:19 PM   #26100
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I think you might need a nap, too, PF.
Um, yes...on my way. Why the heck did I type "lamp"...?