What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Attachments

• IMG_20120827_122247.jpg
    IMG_20120827_122247.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 165
Thanks again everyone. I haven't heard any news about it today, which is a good sign. :cool:

Alix, I loved the blog entry! So funny! As I posted on the blog site, she is her mother's daughter!

About storms, Cubbie doesn't mind going out in the rain, and he doesn't act scared during thunder storms, but he does stick closer to me during them and appreciates extra hugs then. The poor guy has been stuck outside (while we were gone) during some bad ones, but most of the time he is inside with me "protecting" me from the storms. :wub:

Just after I posted that, our power went out! It was out for about an hour and a half. You should read today's entry. It was a hard morning in our house today.

Thanks for sharing that. I loved Bugs' little stories in the old newsletters. Now I can enjoy her on a regular basis!

I had a fruit smoothie and half a slice of bacon for breakfast - not blog material :ermm::LOL:

Have you tryied hold her or putting her under a cover on her bed? And they do have special jackets for dogs that are afraid of storms. :angel:

You probably mean those "thundershirts," (a great name isn't it?). I'm just not in a position to spend that kind of money right now. Awhile back I did order some herbal concoction on the Net that was supposed to soothe her. Nope. And she doesn't like to be covered up. It's getting pretty old as often as we have storms in the summertime. Can't wait for winter.

So, thanks anyway, Addie.

Just after I posted that, our power went out! It was out for about an hour and a half. You should read today's entry. It was a hard morning in our house today.

Poor Bugs, I would simply die. The only thing I can do before I wake up is run the Keurig.

Thanks again everyone. I haven't heard any news about it today, which is a good sign. :cool:

Alix, I loved the blog entry! So funny! As I posted on the blog site, she is her mother's daughter!

About storms, Cubbie doesn't mind going out in the rain, and he doesn't act scared during thunder storms, but he does stick closer to me during them and appreciates extra hugs then. The poor guy has been stuck outside (while we were gone) during some bad ones, but most of the time he is inside with me "protecting" me from the storms. :wub:

Lucky dog! And Cubbie is lucky, too!

Right at the moment, having a private "celebration" -- in the past week, my surgeon and my physical therapist both told me "good-bye". They both said to call if I need them, and not to expect too much of myself -- it is going to hurt and I will limp for awhile. But they gave me recommendations and move on! Yay!

Right at the moment, having a private "celebration" -- in the past week, my surgeon and my physical therapist both told me "good-bye". They both said to call if I need them, and not to expect too much of myself -- it is going to hurt and I will limp for awhile. But they gave me recommendations and move on! Yay!
Congratulations, Claire! I know exactly what that feels like and I am happy for you! :flowers::clap:

w00t!

I have a "Thunder Range". It's a single burner and burns butane, so it is safe in the house. We bought it after the ice storm of 1998, when we were without power for eight days. We have a little moka maker for espresso-like coffee, or we can boil water and make Melitta coffee or French Press. I don't like to be without my coffee. I could get by on good tea, but they both need a way to heat the water and I have it. :)

Last edited:

Huzzah! Glad to hear your good news.

I have a "Thunder Range". It's a single burner and burns butane, so it is safe in the house. We bought it after the ice storm of 1998, when we were without power for eight days. We have a little moka maker for espresso-like coffee, or we can boil water and make Melitta coffee or French Press. I don't like to be without my coffee. I could get by on good tea, but they both need a way to heat the water and I have it. :)

Except for heat this apartment is all electric. I have a propane camp stove and a 12 volt plugin percolator for the car.:):rolleyes:

Yeah, my place is all electric too, including the heat.
We are also all electric, including the pump to the well, which means we don't even have water (one or two flushes) when the power goes out.:wacko: We have a charcoal grill outside, and that's it.

Trying to stay awake for a couple more hours. Woke up at 5 am, even though I didn't fall asleep until almost 2 am. I'd like to make it until 7 before I crash. Then I can start being on a more normal get up at 5 am routine. I don't do well on so little sleep. Going back and forth on weekends when I work til 10-11 pm to week days when I have to be up at 5 is going to be interesting...

We are everything electric including the heat. I have one of those butane burners. DH got it so I could practice omelets for school.

...no, seriously!

We were tested on omelets and they had to be perfect - cooked but not brown and rolled properly. Our electric stove kept making me mess it up so he got the bright idea of getting something that would mimic the gas stoves at school and it worked! Other than putting a little too much lox in my omelet, it was perfect!:rolleyes:

I am relaxing watching TV and doing cross stitch...I am in a lot of pain with my shoulder today...taken some strong painkillers

Back
Top Bottom