"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-17-2012, 11:51 PM   #2611
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Same thing happened to me with insulin and needles...I wasn't using them, but they kept sending them. Luckily I had a friend whose mother could use them and she was paying out of pocket.
You gave me an idea. I should ask around the building if there is some one who is not in the program and is a diabetic if they could use them along with extra strips I have. Of course it will have to be the same glucometer. If I check my sugar five times a week, that is a lot for me. Some weeks I don't check it at all. So the strips are starting to build up also. Right now I have four boxes unopened with 200 strips in the four canisters. I know they must be doing a co-pay.

I can tell when my sugars are too high. I just don't feel right. And of course a low reading is obvious.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:58 PM   #2612
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I just know that pharmacies will not take the stuff back. You can also offer it to homeless shelters.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:05 AM   #2613
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I just know that pharmacies will not take the stuff back. You can also offer it to homeless shelters.
I know that. I just want to make a point with them. But I just may send it over to the Pine Street Inn. It is a place where street people go at night. Or there is a place right here in my neighborhood. It for abused and homeless mothers with their children. Thanks for the thought.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #2614
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Welcome back BT...you do know about what happens during spring training to hockey players in warmer climes, right?
lol, thanks princess. yes, i know, the same fate as horses on the polish water polo team.

my boy asked about hockey in florida when we talked about moving. i hope there's a rink in the fort myers or naples area.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #2615
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATTRAT View Post
Welcome back, BT! Can't wait to see the pics. What kind of fishing did you get into?
thanks, tatt. we went backwater one day for mangrove snappers, and then went out another day deep sea fishing for shark, sheepshead, blue runners, and spanish mackerel. the mackerel were hitting like crazy. we hooked up a monster bull shark that the captain estimated around 10 feet or so before it snapped a 300lb. steel leader! i'm kinda glad we didn't bring it up to the boat, to be honest.

after the trip, the captain cleaned about 5 pounds of spanish mackerel for us which we took to a local restaurant to cook up for us. it was delicious.

we even rented a coupla rods and went surfcasting right outside the hotel every day. we caught a load of ladyfish, crevalle jacks, redfish, amber jacks, ballyhoo, and whitefish. it was really a great trip, which is why we're really considering moving. the problem's gonna be trying to find a six figure salary in paradise...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #2616
Executive Chef

Reading all the feedback I have received on my posts ... and Collecting some recipes in process for weekend ...

Thanks for interesting post.
Margi.
Margi.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #2617
Senior Cook

Drinking cider whilst watching man vs food before cooking my dinner :)
Old 04-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #2618
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm waiting for someone to come from Swedish Auto and pick up my car. With luck they will bring me one I can borrow.

I'm trying to work on tax returns while I wait.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #2619
Executive Chef

Finishing the cleaning up (polishing and deburring) of a newly purchased 16" Weston brand stainless steel butcher saw. The saw frame was so coarsely finished that the burrs would have torn any cleaning or drying cloths. Also cleaned up a 1" x 16" non stainless spare blade. Took about 15 hours to remove all the blemishes and foreign substances from this US priced, made in China item.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #2620
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by justplainbill View Post
Finishing the cleaning up (polishing and deburring) of a newly purchased 16" Weston brand stainless steel butcher saw. The saw frame was so coarsely finished that the burrs would have torn any cleaning or drying cloths. Also cleaned up a 1" x 16" non stainless spare blade. Took about 15 hours to remove all the blemishes and foreign substances from this US priced, made in China item.
Well that's a bummer that you have to put in all that time and effort when you paid "US prices".