"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-23-2016, 11:12 AM   #26281
Head Chef

lucky flies!

wish I could hide my weight!

Old 09-23-2016, 11:31 AM   #26282
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Feeling very sorry for myself. This stupid cold is lingering, moving to my chest, and giving me headaches all week, so I can't do any of the things I've planned. So aggravating.

Then I come here to complain and think about Munky and her DH and I'm hoping he's doing better today. My problems are minor in comparison.

Take care, Munky
Try Mucinex if you can take it. It will help loosen the chest, I swear it took a week off my cold. Something viral going on this year, we had it pretty bad in the facility and then staff started getting colds.

Old 09-23-2016, 11:50 AM   #26283
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Try Mucinex if you can take it. It will help loosen the chest, I swear it took a week off my cold. Something viral going on this year, we had it pretty bad in the facility and then staff started getting colds.
Thank you. I think we might have some upstairs - I'll take a look.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:17 PM   #26284
Master Chef

Quote:
we have it going here, too, and I know that Mucinex has really helped......hope you feel better soon.......
Old 09-23-2016, 12:51 PM   #26285
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Thank you. I think we might have some upstairs - I'll take a look.
I don't need to tell you lots of fluids, too...do I? A good time to try out some of that honey with a splash of lemon in hot tea!
Old 09-23-2016, 02:28 PM   #26286
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Yeah. My nurse practitioner also prescribed them for me last November after two months of coughing. I couldn't believe how effective it was.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:55 PM   #26287
Chef Extraordinaire

Mrs. Munky, does the hospital Mr. Munky is in have regular visiting hours? When I have been extremely ill while in the hospital, my family member were allowed to sit by my bedside as long as they wanted to, as long as they didn't disturb me or that they didn't interfere with my nurse as she was doing her job. Every time I opened my eyes there was always one of my kids just sitting there for the first week. Twenty-four hour vigils. During the night hours, they would often be asleep. Even though I slept the first week, I was so happy to see someone there each time I opened my eyes. I knew I wasn't alone.

I hope Mr. Munky has a speedy recovery. Do take care of yourself. Hubby is going to need all the support and love I know you all have for him. I have the feeling that God knows he is a very special person to some very special people. God has given this angel the job of looking down on him while he is recovering.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:13 PM   #26288
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
we have it going here, too, and I know that Mucinex has really helped......hope you feel better soon.......
Thank you
Old 09-23-2016, 03:15 PM   #26289
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I don't need to tell you lots of fluids, too...do I? A good time to try out some of that honey with a splash of lemon in hot tea!
I'm trying to drink G2 Gatorade for the other issues (you know ). I don't usually drink tea, but I do have some packets of chai (DH trying to help me out - I asked him to get black tea so I could make chai with my own spices and he came home with those )

I think I'll try some. Thanks again
Old 09-23-2016, 03:50 PM   #26290
Assistant Cook

Just a quick note.Things aren't improving.
Serious Afib fluctuations.
Not much improvement with his hand.It will take time and patience.

Thanks all for the thoughts and prayers.
Boy,does he need them now.

Munky.