"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-25-2016, 11:48 AM   #26311
Executive Chef

Day off. going to do up the rest of the tomatoes. I still have about 20 lbs in the shed. Just going to wash, grind and freeze in bags...

Old 09-25-2016, 12:00 PM   #26312
Honey Badger

Hiya's,

At home for just a few minutes more before I head back to the ICU..
They kicked me out last night. Told me to go home and get some sleep for a change. I've been staying with hubby overnight. When he's awake and getting care I'm awake caring for him after the nurses leave. Will be again tonight. Did that make any sense? Sleepy post. Just woke up.

Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers.
I've only had the chance to read your posts when he's taking a quick nap.

His condition is improving a little. He says it's because all of us have been with him.Our guys are always with him when I need to step out for a break. He's never alone. He gets anxious when he's alone.
So we've worked it out that's never to be alone, and stay vigilant like a Viking when were with him. Were now his Advocates.

His speech is still slurred. He has to relearn how to swallow.
Left arm still refuses to work. Fingers knot up tight. I'm working with the physical therapists to learn how to take care of him, what to do to keep him motivated and working that side. Afibs are slow, I mean really slow to being back to normal. But at least he's not tacking up to 160,175 to 190 any more. That's huge. They were worried he'd have another stroke.

I'm surprising him today with his shaving kit. He's an old fashioned guy when it comes to that. (Floyd's Barber shop) It has a new name (Munky"s shave and bath boutique) "One bed, no waiting." Sounds cheap doesn't it? LOL!!!!

Oh yeah, uh.... He's also going to get a sponge bath to.
That's going to be fun. WOOOOO---HOOOOO. (Yosemity Sam's--SP)
" I CAN SEEEEEE YOU THROUGH THE KEEEEEYHOLE!"

Post again when I get the chance.

Munky.

Old 09-25-2016, 12:04 PM   #26313
Chef Extraordinaire

I keep running to the mirror in the bathroom to check my eye. No, not to check my beauty, (I can only wish and pray for that) but to check my right eye.

Last night Pirate told me to let him check my eye. I seem to have a small black and blue coming from the right corner of my eye. And there was a big blotch of blood also in the right side corner of my eyeball. And there is no pain associated with it. Today the black and blue mark has grown bigger and the blood spot on my eyeball has gotten smaller.

No one has hit me, I didn't fall and I was doing nothing but watching TV when this started. First thing tomorrow I will head down to my ophthalmologist to see what is wrong. Last year when he took a look, he noticed that the right lens from the cataract surgery had slipped a bit. My right eye is my stronger eye and the one I use all the time. Quite often I will close my left eye so I can focus better with my right eye.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:09 PM   #26314
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
... I'm surprising him today with his shaving kit. He's an old fashioned guy when it comes to that. (Floyd's Barber shop) It has a new name (Munky"s shave and bath boutique) "One bed, no waiting." Sounds cheap doesn't it? LOL!!!!

Oh yeah, uh.... He's also going to get a sponge bath to.
That's going to be fun. WOOOOO---HOOOOO. (Yosemity Sam's--SP)
" I CAN SEEEEEE YOU THROUGH THE KEEEEEYHOLE!"

Post again when I get the chance.

Munky.
So glad you haven't lost your sense of humor, Munky Sounds like hubby is in for quite an evening
Old 09-25-2016, 12:11 PM   #26315
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I keep running to the mirror in the bathroom to check my eye. No, not to check my beauty, (I can only wish and pray for that) but to check my right eye.

Last night Pirate told me to let him check my eye. I seem to have a small black and blue coming from the right corner of my eye. And there was a big blotch of blood also in the right side corner of my eyeball. And there is no pain associated with it. Today the black and blue mark has grown bigger and the blood spot on my eyeball has gotten smaller.
Addie, if your *eye is bleeding*, there's something serious going on. Go to the emergency room - you could lose your eyesight. I'm not kidding.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:20 PM   #26316
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
So glad you haven't lost your sense of humor, Munky Sounds like hubby is in for quite an evening
I never claimed to be THAT sweet.

I'm being naughtyyyy....

Gotta fly he's with my oldest son right now asking where I am.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:57 PM   #26317
Certified Pretend Chef

Munky, your DH couldn't be in better hands with you and your family by his side. We continue to think positive thoughts for you all.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:01 PM   #26318
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Oh, Munky, I can somewhat understand the endless hours at the hospital trying to be supportive and helpful. My heart goes out to you and I'm pleased to hear there are little "positives" occurring. Look at those. It'll help. Maybe my post below will put a smile on your face, if only for a few minutes.

Me? Today I'm making more Easter egg lightning bugs. We bought 4 to our granddaughters in Lexington in August and they flipped over them. A friend saw a picture of them and has contracted with me for a half dozen for her granddaughter in Colorado. She tells me they don't have lightning bugs there. She's going there to spend Christmas with them and will bring the "bugs" along as part of the little girl's Christmas gift.

They're not difficult to make and I have fun putting them together and seeing their silly smiling faces when they're done. They even blink, thanks to a small battery-powered votive candle in their butt.

Here's what they look like:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image0056.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	25446   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image0055.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	25447  

Old 09-25-2016, 05:00 PM   #26319
Assistant Cook

Those are absolutely adorable.
Thank you.

He ate lunch Woooo Hoooo!!!😘😎
Old 09-25-2016, 06:54 PM   #26320
Master Chef

Munky, that is wonderful news! It's good to hear he is making steps forward. Even baby steps are good news. Hoping and praying that continues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
...Me? Today I'm making more Easter egg lightning bugs...A friend saw a picture of them and has contracted with me for a half dozen for her granddaughter in Colorado. She tells me they don't have lightning bugs there...
We have very few in MA, also, Katie. I sure miss them. When we were back home this past summer, our daughter Lovely's friend had us over for what has become our annual cook-out at his place. He's out in the country, and the yard goes back for acres and acres. About 50 feet from his "Man Garage" is a large tree. We stood there entranced for the longest time watching that tree at dusk - it was filled with hundreds of blinking lightening bugs! It looked just like the most wonderfully decorated Christmas tree decorated with blinking lights. Except this was a maple, and the lights were courtesy of Mother Nature.