"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-25-2016, 07:02 PM   #26321
Head Chef

Munky, that is fantastic news, I'm so very happy for you and yours. You tell him we are all thinking of him!

Old 09-25-2016, 07:05 PM   #26322
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outpatient View Post
Those are absolutely adorable.
Thank you.

He ate lunch Woooo Hoooo!!!😘😎
Good News!!!

Old 09-25-2016, 07:06 PM   #26323
Head Chef

CG, it took me two or three nights before I realized the little firefly I was seeing at the end of the paddock was the electric fence sparking.

We do have them here anyhow but this little guy was there especially in the rain, which I couldn't figure out. Duh....
Old 09-26-2016, 12:47 PM   #26324
Chef Extraordinaire

Munky, the return of the appetite is the first sign of being on the road to recovery. Glad to hear the good news.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:27 PM   #26325
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
How are you trying to get it to communicate? The only way mine does is when I plug it in, as taxy said.
GG and Taxy....I'm trying to load pics from my new phone onto the computer, and using the cable. It keeps saying "No new pictures found on this device". And I KNOW there are pics on it.

I'll try as you suggested and ask Google, GG. Or I might just wait till my phone savvy daughter has a few minutes and can help me. She just got a new S7, too.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:31 PM   #26326
Master Chef

Munky, that is good news about Mr. Munky eating lunch! Hoping he continues to improve by the day.

Addie...if you read a few posts up, Munky said that as a result of his stroke, Mr. Munky had to re-learn how to swallow. So this is a much bigger milestone than just getting his appetite back...just sayin...
Old 09-26-2016, 04:38 PM   #26327
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
It keeps saying "No new pictures found on this device". And I KNOW there are pics on it.

I'll try as you suggested and ask Google, GG. Or I might just wait till my phone savvy daughter has a few minutes and can help me. She just got a new S7, too.

Cheryl I got the same message with my new phone - You must first go on your phone (once the cable is there) and "allow" it to communicate with your PC.
Pull down the top bar, it should say 2 things are happening. Cable charging & Transferring media files via USB.

Tap on the USB one... then you do not have to do anything else (it should have the radio button for Transferring media files highlighted.

Now go to your 'PC' , Devices and drives, your phone should be there, double click on it, and look for DCIM - those are your pics. Hope this helps!
Old 09-26-2016, 05:00 PM   #26328
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnlaw View Post
Cheryl I got the same message with my new phone - You must first go on your phone (once the cable is there) and "allow" it to communicate with your PC.
Pull down the top bar, it should say 2 things are happening. Cable charging & Transferring media files via USB.

Tap on the USB one... then you do not have to do anything else (it should have the radio button for Transferring media files highlighted.

Now go to your 'PC' , Devices and drives, your phone should be there, double click on it, and look for DCIM - those are your pics. Hope this helps!
OMGosh, that worked! Thank you so much, dragn! You're a sweetheart to take the time to walk me through that.

I should have known that the new phone and PC would need to 'meet' each other first....but I'm a dummy when it comes to this type of thing. LOL
Old 09-26-2016, 05:21 PM   #26329
Head Chef

Just PLEASE don't tell my son. I have to call him everytime I switch from a CD to the satellite, to the wii. I get so lost and can never do it! Worse, once I start I can't seem to get back to ANY of them.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:38 PM   #26330
Honey Badger

I'm home.

Mr. Munky had another setback last night and again this afternoon.
His Afib #'s went up higher again last that they had to administer more meds.
Plans were he was stable enough yesterday and last night when he went to sleep, that today he was going to be transported by ambulance to another hospital that specializes in stroke patients. He would stay until he was able to come home safely.

This afternoon he kept coughing after he ate ice chips. It took a long hard series of specialized xrays to see how he's swallowing. afterwards it was decided that he can only have spooned water from a cup.Yogurt, no sugar.

The Tech and I caught him before he face planted himself to the floor. I didn't think just did. My backs screaming in pain. I didn't dare tell him that. Neither will you guys. He couldn't help that his left foot to is now dragging and he's losing feeling in it.

They sent me home to get some rest. It's been extremely stressful.

I'm keeping in mind that his snapping at me isn't really him. It's the stroke making him like that. He's trying real hard to get home. That's all he wants, is to just come home.

Our oldest son is with him again tonight. At least I can rely on him to call and tell me what's actually going on. Our youngest is trying his best to keep me smiling.

I'm not smiling. He's not giving up. His huggs are much better anyways.

Munky.