"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-01-2016, 01:37 PM   #26381
Honey Badger

We Did It!

I'm home.

We got him removed from that nightmare hellish place, just in the nick of time!

It took my temper, (Wasn't a purdy one was it?) an excellent lawyer, and one fantastic Clinical Liaison to get him moved out smoothly.

The new hospital and staff were waiting for us at the door when we arrived by ambulance. The crew allowed me to ride along holding my husbands hand. They were awesome.

He's in a much safer, caring place. I'm so relieved.

They let me stay the night. They made an exception for me to do so after they had heard that this would be his 3rd hospital in a week. I did have a meeting with the Liaison while he was being evaluated after his arrival. Showed her my note pad of dates, time, names that I had taken of the incidents. I read in the paper today that where he's at now will be pairing up with the first hospital. That's good news.Both have been excellent facilities. I think after reading the hospital reports and my notes sealed the deal that day. She did mention that she was leaving for a big meeting at the first hospital. Would be going into both units of the first hospital where he had his original surgery and stroke to give them some kudos and an update on what happened to my husband and a thank you from me and our guys for the excellent care and professionalism they gave to us.

I will be filing a formal complaint against the 2nd hospital.

They actually typed up a report full of discrepancies about my husband.
They actually said that they were unaware that he was a stroke patient. Didn't know that until after his fall.

My husband had to have his shoulder put back in place yesterday because he's lost muscle because of they dropped the ball and didn't care for him properly.

So they will acknowledge my complaint. Or I'll lawyer up again and take it to the hilt. The media will hear about it. That wouldn't be a good political/professional position for them to be in. Now would it?

I've been sent home to eat and relax a few days. I'm alright with that.
My weight has dropped considerably, my nerves are shot.

I feel comfortable that he's in the best of care with people that actually love their job, and ARE excellent at what they do.

Munky.

Old 10-01-2016, 01:40 PM   #26382
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Feeling a bit sad but accomplished. Finally stubbornly broke down and began the process of closing the pool for the season. Sure am gonna miss it.

The area around it looks so nekkid with all the mini-decking and the ladder removed and stored. It will look even more unavailable/unwelcome when we put the cover on it. Just a big grey mass in the middle of the yard. By the end of December, even the grass will match. "Dreary" should be a color in the Crayola palette.

See ya next April, good buddy.

Old 10-01-2016, 01:43 PM   #26383
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
I'm home.

We got him removed from that nightmare hellish place, just in the nick of time!

It took my temper, (Wasn't a purdy one was it?) an excellent lawyer, and one fantastic Clinical Liaison to get him moved out smoothly.

The new hospital and staff were waiting for us at the door when we arrived by ambulance. The crew allowed me to ride along holding my husbands hand. They were awesome.

He's in a much safer, caring place. I'm so relieved.

They let me stay the night. They made an exception for me to do so after they had heard that this would be his 3rd hospital in a week. I did have a meeting with the Liaison while he was being evaluated after his arrival. Showed her my note pad of dates, time, names that I had taken of the incidents. I read in the paper today that where he's at now will be pairing up with the first hospital. That's good news.Both have been excellent facilities. I think after reading the hospital reports and my notes sealed the deal that day. She did mention that she was leaving for a big meeting at the first hospital. Would be going into both units of the first hospital where he had his original surgery and stroke to give them some kudos and an update on what happened to my husband and a thank you from me and our guys for the excellent care and professionalism they gave to us.

I will be filing a formal complaint against the 2nd hospital.

They actually typed up a report full of discrepancies about my husband.
They actually said that they were unaware that he was a stroke patient. Didn't know that until after his fall.

My husband had to have his shoulder put back in place yesterday because he's lost muscle because of they dropped the ball and didn't care for him properly.

So they will acknowledge my complaint. Or I'll lawyer up again and take it to the hilt. The media will hear about it. That wouldn't be a good political/professional position for them to be in. Now would it?

I've been sent home to eat and relax a few days. I'm alright with that.
My weight has dropped considerably, my nerves are shot.

I feel comfortable that he's in the best of care with people that actually love their job, and ARE excellent at what they do.

Munky.

What wonderful news, Munky. I'll be doing the "happy dance" all weekend long. I can only imagine the relief you feel. Your efforts seem to have been well-rewarded.

Now...get some rest.
Old 10-01-2016, 01:58 PM   #26384
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
What wonderful news, Munky. I'll be doing the "happy dance" all weekend long. I can only imagine the relief you feel. Your efforts seem to have been well-rewarded.

Now...get some rest.
I will after you go to the local nursery and buy some trees.

Wouldn't they look stunning in clay pots arranged around it to hide the grey mass? I don't like that color either. It's depressing.

Wrap white xmas lights around the branches. It's a beautiful sight
Make your own winter wonderland.

Great now I have Christmas jingles running around in my head. Happy now...

Munky.
Old 10-01-2016, 02:02 PM   #26385
Sous Chef

Munky: I am so happy your husband gets the right care.

When it comes my daughter, she is safe, she has moved out, she has all help she needs and the police wouldn't even do a restraining order but the guy has lost friends on this,
Old 10-01-2016, 04:30 PM   #26386
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Munky, I'm so glad you got the move done. Now get some food and rest.
Old 10-01-2016, 05:47 PM   #26387
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
I'm home....I feel comfortable that he's in the best of care with people that actually love their job, and ARE excellent at what they do.
Look at you guys, went through the eye of the storm and came out on the other side intact. Good for you! I'm so glad that your DH is finally with people who care as much as you do. Like PF said, time for you to get some rest.

When I caught up on what's been going on for you, I gave Himself a summary of your past week. When I was done, all Himself could say was "The moral of the story is: Don't get on Munky's bad side." All I know is, if I need an advocate for some seriously bad situation, I'm hiring you!
Old 10-01-2016, 10:14 PM   #26388
Master Chef

Just sitting here looking at a cookbook I got at the mission yesterday. They sell their books 10 for $1.00. This cookbook is called A Collection of Pumpkin Recipes. There's a lot of regular cake, cookies, breads and dessert recipes but there is also recipes for pumpkin burgers, pumpkin chili, pumpkin soup and even pumpkin fudge.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:07 AM   #26389
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Look at you guys, went through the eye of the storm and came out on the other side intact. Good for you! I'm so glad that your DH is finally with people who care as much as you do. Like PF said, time for you to get some rest.

When I caught up on what's been going on for you, I gave Himself a summary of your past week. When I was done, all Himself could say was "The moral of the story is: Don't get on Munky's bad side." All I know is, if I need an advocate for some seriously bad situation, I'm hiring you!
You know several people and our lawyer of all people said the exact same thing."You did and said what!?" It was so out of character for me.

Just got off the phone with hubby. He's absolutely in 7th heaven right now. He told me all about his day and what he had for dinner.. I want that Salmon to!! C'mon!

He now calls me his "Honey Badger"
Watch the video. He swears that's the fearless attitude I had when I went after that nurse. I think it's pretty hilarious. It pretty much sums up everything. Don't mess with my family. Badgers are hungry lil' things.

Old 10-02-2016, 12:09 AM   #26390
Honey Badger

And I'm now banned from here for eternity.

Thanks for the memories. It's been fun.

Honey Badger