"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-01-2016, 01:37 PM   #26381
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,284
We Did It!

I'm home.

We got him removed from that nightmare hellish place, just in the nick of time!

It took my temper, (Wasn't a purdy one was it?) an excellent lawyer, and one fantastic Clinical Liaison to get him moved out smoothly.

The new hospital and staff were waiting for us at the door when we arrived by ambulance. The crew allowed me to ride along holding my husbands hand. They were awesome.

He's in a much safer, caring place. I'm so relieved.

They let me stay the night. They made an exception for me to do so after they had heard that this would be his 3rd hospital in a week. I did have a meeting with the Liaison while he was being evaluated after his arrival. Showed her my note pad of dates, time, names that I had taken of the incidents. I read in the paper today that where he's at now will be pairing up with the first hospital. That's good news.Both have been excellent facilities. I think after reading the hospital reports and my notes sealed the deal that day. She did mention that she was leaving for a big meeting at the first hospital. Would be going into both units of the first hospital where he had his original surgery and stroke to give them some kudos and an update on what happened to my husband and a thank you from me and our guys for the excellent care and professionalism they gave to us.

I will be filing a formal complaint against the 2nd hospital.

They actually typed up a report full of discrepancies about my husband.
They actually said that they were unaware that he was a stroke patient. Didn't know that until after his fall.

My husband had to have his shoulder put back in place yesterday because he's lost muscle because of they dropped the ball and didn't care for him properly.

So they will acknowledge my complaint. Or I'll lawyer up again and take it to the hilt. The media will hear about it. That wouldn't be a good political/professional position for them to be in. Now would it?

I've been sent home to eat and relax a few days. I'm alright with that.
My weight has dropped considerably, my nerves are shot.

I feel comfortable that he's in the best of care with people that actually love their job, and ARE excellent at what they do.

Munky.
__________________

__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 01:40 PM   #26382
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Katie H's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Posts: 15,156
Feeling a bit sad but accomplished. Finally stubbornly broke down and began the process of closing the pool for the season. Sure am gonna miss it.

The area around it looks so nekkid with all the mini-decking and the ladder removed and stored. It will look even more unavailable/unwelcome when we put the cover on it. Just a big grey mass in the middle of the yard. By the end of December, even the grass will match. "Dreary" should be a color in the Crayola palette.

See ya next April, good buddy.
__________________

__________________
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 01:43 PM   #26383
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Katie H's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Posts: 15,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
I'm home.

We got him removed from that nightmare hellish place, just in the nick of time!

It took my temper, (Wasn't a purdy one was it?) an excellent lawyer, and one fantastic Clinical Liaison to get him moved out smoothly.

The new hospital and staff were waiting for us at the door when we arrived by ambulance. The crew allowed me to ride along holding my husbands hand. They were awesome.

He's in a much safer, caring place. I'm so relieved.

They let me stay the night. They made an exception for me to do so after they had heard that this would be his 3rd hospital in a week. I did have a meeting with the Liaison while he was being evaluated after his arrival. Showed her my note pad of dates, time, names that I had taken of the incidents. I read in the paper today that where he's at now will be pairing up with the first hospital. That's good news.Both have been excellent facilities. I think after reading the hospital reports and my notes sealed the deal that day. She did mention that she was leaving for a big meeting at the first hospital. Would be going into both units of the first hospital where he had his original surgery and stroke to give them some kudos and an update on what happened to my husband and a thank you from me and our guys for the excellent care and professionalism they gave to us.

I will be filing a formal complaint against the 2nd hospital.

They actually typed up a report full of discrepancies about my husband.
They actually said that they were unaware that he was a stroke patient. Didn't know that until after his fall.

My husband had to have his shoulder put back in place yesterday because he's lost muscle because of they dropped the ball and didn't care for him properly.

So they will acknowledge my complaint. Or I'll lawyer up again and take it to the hilt. The media will hear about it. That wouldn't be a good political/professional position for them to be in. Now would it?

I've been sent home to eat and relax a few days. I'm alright with that.
My weight has dropped considerably, my nerves are shot.

I feel comfortable that he's in the best of care with people that actually love their job, and ARE excellent at what they do.

Munky.

What wonderful news, Munky. I'll be doing the "happy dance" all weekend long. I can only imagine the relief you feel. Your efforts seem to have been well-rewarded.

Now...get some rest.
__________________
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 01:58 PM   #26384
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
What wonderful news, Munky. I'll be doing the "happy dance" all weekend long. I can only imagine the relief you feel. Your efforts seem to have been well-rewarded.

Now...get some rest.
I will after you go to the local nursery and buy some trees.

Wouldn't they look stunning in clay pots arranged around it to hide the grey mass? I don't like that color either. It's depressing.

Wrap white xmas lights around the branches. It's a beautiful sight
Make your own winter wonderland.

Great now I have Christmas jingles running around in my head. Happy now...

Munky.
__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 02:02 PM   #26385
Sous Chef
 
CakePoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Wexio
Posts: 639
Munky: I am so happy your husband gets the right care.

When it comes my daughter, she is safe, she has moved out, she has all help she needs and the police wouldn't even do a restraining order but the guy has lost friends on this,
__________________
For the love of Cheese!
CakePoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 04:30 PM   #26386
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,291
Munky, I'm so glad you got the move done. Now get some food and rest.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 05:47 PM   #26387
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
I'm home....I feel comfortable that he's in the best of care with people that actually love their job, and ARE excellent at what they do.
Look at you guys, went through the eye of the storm and came out on the other side intact. Good for you! I'm so glad that your DH is finally with people who care as much as you do. Like PF said, time for you to get some rest.

When I caught up on what's been going on for you, I gave Himself a summary of your past week. When I was done, all Himself could say was "The moral of the story is: Don't get on Munky's bad side." All I know is, if I need an advocate for some seriously bad situation, I'm hiring you!
__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:14 PM   #26388
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: upper midwest
Posts: 5,171
Just sitting here looking at a cookbook I got at the mission yesterday. They sell their books 10 for $1.00. This cookbook is called A Collection of Pumpkin Recipes. There's a lot of regular cake, cookies, breads and dessert recipes but there is also recipes for pumpkin burgers, pumpkin chili, pumpkin soup and even pumpkin fudge.
__________________
Don't let yesterday take up too much of today. Will
Rogers
JoAnn L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 12:07 AM   #26389
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Look at you guys, went through the eye of the storm and came out on the other side intact. Good for you! I'm so glad that your DH is finally with people who care as much as you do. Like PF said, time for you to get some rest.

When I caught up on what's been going on for you, I gave Himself a summary of your past week. When I was done, all Himself could say was "The moral of the story is: Don't get on Munky's bad side." All I know is, if I need an advocate for some seriously bad situation, I'm hiring you!
You know several people and our lawyer of all people said the exact same thing."You did and said what!?" It was so out of character for me.

Just got off the phone with hubby. He's absolutely in 7th heaven right now. He told me all about his day and what he had for dinner.. I want that Salmon to!! C'mon!

He now calls me his "Honey Badger"
Watch the video. He swears that's the fearless attitude I had when I went after that nurse. I think it's pretty hilarious. It pretty much sums up everything. Don't mess with my family. Badgers are hungry lil' things.

__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 12:09 AM   #26390
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,284
And I'm now banned from here for eternity.

Thanks for the memories. It's been fun.

Honey Badger
__________________

__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.